Take-Out Tuesday

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Mad-Watter
  • 1 Post By sgh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
What sort of Take-out places do you have in your area?

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 8th, 2013, 04:06 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Like everything! Chinese, Pizza, Sandwiches, BBQ. . .

October 8th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Everything really but my favourite is chinese

[/url]
October 8th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im in a smallll town. we have 2 pizza places and you can order to go from like chinese place, 4 mexican places or one of the other 2 little restaurants in the town, but really just the 2 pizza places...

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

October 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are a small town too. We have two pizza places, subway, chineese, Mexican, jap. and McD's, burger king, and hardees. We have a lil diner too.

I wish we had taco bell, fazoli's and olive garden!

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

October 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Super Mommy
Everything here. We generally just get pizza or Chinese when we order take out though.
October 8th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, gosh, EVERYTHING! Lol. We have thai, italian and pizza places that all deliver. We have pretty much all the fast food you can imagine within 10 minutes drive. Downtown Detroit is only a 10-15 minute drive and there we have Greektown and Mexicantown nd a small Polish community full of SUPER authentic food which is great. We even have an Indian restaurant and an Ethiopian restaurant (which i really wanna try) within 5 minutes of our house. Then 15 minutes north, in the hoitey-toitey area, there's all sorts of more upscale steak houses and fondue restaurants and P.F. Changs and breweries. I love living in this area because we are so close to everything from restaurants to shopping to sporting events and concerts and festivals- there's always something going on.
Side note: One of my families from the Montessori i used to work at has this really neat little bar about 2 miles away from my house that is a speak-easy! It's super cool! It says "Art Gallery" on the outside but on the inside, it's a 20's/prohibition theme bar/lounge and even the bar tenders have on dress pants with vests and bow ties or regular ties and the hostess wears a stylized-era dress. It's super cool to see them make their drinks because of all the crazy potion-like natural flavors and herbs and stuff they put in and their methods!
Seriously, i love this place. Come to Detroit, i swear you wont get shot! We're way more fabulous than that lol. (I should totally be a spokesperson haha!)
October 8th, 2013, 08:10 AM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
Personally I have no idea aside from the obvious. Pizza I am sure of. I think there is Chinese somewhere and of course there is a place called Jimmy Johns and I read they serve subs.
October 8th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
Everything you can imagine. I can count like six pizza places in a one-kilometre square. In that same square, McDonalds, Wendys, Subway, Swiss Chalet, Kelsey's, Chinese food, and a ton more. Seriously. It's ridiculous the amount of food close to home.

Thanks so much to bokkechick for the amazing siggy!

October 8th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I must have been half asleep when I was reading that because I thought it said delivery....lol. Anyways we also have ...

Olive Garden, a place called Blazin Onion, Applebee's, and then we have the normals. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the box, Carl Jr.'s, Taco Bell just to name a few. I really want some sonic or chick fil a but we do not have one of those here.
October 8th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh i forgot we do have subway, arbys, bk and mc'ds.. haha...

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

October 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Yea my kids have been really big on Subway. The nearest Arby's here is like a 15 minute drive. KFC is close but I refuse to go to that one because they do not seem to know how to cook the food.
October 8th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Mad-Watter's Avatar Super Mommy
We also have tons, but Noodles is my personal favorite. I think I have had a Penne Rosa with feta at least once a week since I've been pregnant (though, I think that happened before I was pregnant, also).

Thanks to *Vicki* for an AMAZING siggy

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths - Walt Disney

October 8th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You name it, we got it. The usual fast food, except Hardees which is 25 minutes away, Applebees and OG, chinese, pizza (I tend to pick up instead of delivery because it's faster and I don't have to tip), there's an indian place and a thai place but we don't like them. We also live right by a mall, so I can run in to the food court and get food if I want.

October 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Veteran
smaller town here.....pizza, chinese, subway, mcd's, burger king, sonic and this awesome little italian familyrun place....omg love it
&
Our Angel Baby
Gryffin Boyd
Born Sleeping December 26, 2013
October 9th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Watter View Post
We also have tons, but Noodles is my personal favorite. I think I have had a Penne Rosa with feta at least once a week since I've been pregnant (though, I think that happened before I was pregnant, also).
Crap... now i think im gonna have to go to Noodles and Co. here either today or tomorrow. Lol! Good thing it's right by my gym! Haha!!
Mad-Watter likes this.
October 9th, 2013, 07:44 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hardees, Mcdonalds, Long Johns, Subway, Pizza Hut, Pizza Plus thats in the town where I work which is 30 mins from my house.

The town where I live
Pizza Factory, Pizza Plus, Subway, and there is a gas station that sells food like burgers and stuff.. Yep i live in the middle of no where haha

October 9th, 2013, 11:26 AM
What is a Noodles & Co.? I wonder if we have one here.?

Tags
tuesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search