For those with other kids

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2013, 08:54 AM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I saw the post with those who have animals, but mine is definitely my kids. I turn they are under my feet. They are constantly talking and defying me. They are always in my face and trying to hug me a thousand and one times. Given the affection from them is sweet and great the constantly being on me and up my behind has gotten to be a bit much. I have read to expect this from smaller children but was never expecting to deal with it from older kids of this age. I am (at times) wanting to scream.

Anyone else!?
October 8th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes... My 14yo thinks she knows everything, when she really doesn't have a clue! My 10 yo is currently obsessed with naming our baby... while I will listen to suggestions, she gets sooooo mad if I don't like her choices and thinks its not fair that we get to pick the name not her. I told her when she has my grandchildren she gets to pick, lol. And my 6yo is the all touchy feely one right now. She is constantly hanging on me. She was excited that she finally got to feel baby sis kick last night. My 16month is her whiney spoiled self. She wants to sit with me but never sits still so I end up hurting in my belly. She is sooo spoiled I don't know how shes going to react to another baby.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

October 8th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Your whole family just went through a big transition! It could be due to that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 8th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
They were doing this before we left Hawaii. They were far more clingy then. Now they are far more mouthy and not listening.
October 8th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
They're probably just worried about how the baby will change things. I don't know about you but i have way less patience than before I got pregnant.

[/url]
October 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Yea my patience has hit its all time low with them. I swear I tell them not to do things and to sit a thousand times a day. They think playing is running around in circles in a room and coming to me and sitting on me. I would not mind so much the sitting on me if they would not flip around so much.

I give them plenty of toys and play stuff on tv but it seems they are more interested in running in circles which in the long run means they are going to fall and get hurt. So much good that does right. LOL! And they also know that I am not really wanting to get up half the time due to being in pain so they take that for granted too. They started that mess once being here and my husband not helping out as much as I truly felt he could.

Where I understand kids like to run around they clearly know that they can do whatever because I cannot really lift them or struggle with them leading them to believe they can do so continuously.
October 8th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My son has been trying my patience. One minute he wants to do everything himself, the next he wants me to do it for him, including carry him. I'm still trying to convince him that I can't carry him anymore.

October 8th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Yea mine like to be independent and then next thing you know they want to ask for my help. They also have been told no I do not have a clue how many times in one hour and they just go on about doing what they were and not listening to no.
October 8th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Veteran
i have 6 that are doing that on a daily basis lol...7 when my step daughter is here....my teenagers think they are super special and know everything and can do anything, which i assure you they cannot...my 11 year old would argue with a tree stump....my 7 yr old is trying to decide who he is going to act like as far as my other kids go, and can be a complete terror sometimes, and a real butthead, my four year old son can be very whiney and such, like tonight we were decorating for halloween and we found his costume, and i wouldn't let him have it and had to put him in the corner screaming for ten minutes because he wanted to go trick or treat and couldn't understand why he could not go...ugh...sigh lol and step daughter can be soooo super sweet and compliant one minute and then total hellion the next, but her mother doesn't make her do anything and that is who she lives with on a daily basis, so what can you do but teach them the rules at your house and wait for them to get old enough to fully understand...lol....whew....add my animals to that and lurd help meh.....I do love them so, but sometimes they act like they were dropped on their heads as babies lol
&
Our Angel Baby
Gryffin Boyd
Born Sleeping December 26, 2013
October 9th, 2013, 04:41 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Right now, Gary is ALL about Daddy. . . so he really couldnt care less about me unless I am leaving and he isn't going with me. . . But Gary is so independent which sometimes makes me sad!

October 9th, 2013, 07:12 AM
lovin to be mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OOOMMMGGG yes. I have wanted to post this for a couple weeks. My patience is at an all time low and if me and my six year old make it the next 3 month I will be thankful. Lol!! She has been a huge attitude latley and determined to do opposite of what I say. I tell her to do something and she does what she wants and tells me why it's way more important than what I just told her. My 3 year old is going through the biggest whiney stage ever and my 2 year old wants whatever someone else has or is doing. As soon as someone climbs on my lap she has a fit and wants up there all by her self. Lordy I hope they calm down once the baby gets here. Lo
They've never been this bad, combine with my no patience and I want to pull my hair out by the end of the day.
October 9th, 2013, 07:51 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain.. Zoe has been super clingy at one moment then a little brat the next not wanting to listen and being a smart mouth.... I know she is worried about the baby because she has been an only child for 7 years but I have tried every way to re assure here its going to be ok..

October 9th, 2013, 11:29 AM
They are normally running around and not listening which is nothing new to them. On the other hand if I threaten to get up and put them in time out or something they most times stop. Lately they seem to have that mindset of whatever you are not going to get up because that takes too much with your pregnancy, soooo they just kind of do whatever they want and pretend as if there are never any adults around. The clingy thing though is a never. They are constantly glued to me it seems and constantly either a) trying to climb into my lap or, b) hugging me constantly. Where I enjoy the love I do not want someone on me ALL the time or ignoring me ALL the time. The good medium would be nice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search