How big is your maternity wardrobe?

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jennmommyoftwobeauties

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Super Mommy
I have tried not to buy a ton because I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but it is driving me crazy wearing the same things over and over again. I have 7 shirts with 2 of them already becoming too short. I have 2 pairs of shorts. I have 1 pair of jeans that fit plus 2 pairs that someone gave me that are about 4 sizes too big so I only wear them I am desperate. I have about 20 long sleeve shirts and sweaters on loan from a friend, but it's too hot still to wear them.

I literally wear the same pair of pants almost every day and rotate through the same few shirts. How about you guys?
October 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be honest I don't have much maternity maternity. I have 1 pair of maternity pants I will wear and then about 9 pairs of yoga pants

For shirts I do have 4-5 maternity tops that I like but I still am mostly wearing my clothes and stretching them out haha
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
October 13th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mad-Watter's Avatar Super Mommy
Now that it is no longer summer, I lost my three pairs of capris. Bummer.

As for the rest, I probably have about 8 warmer weather shirts (at least I can pair them with cardigans or the like) and three cooler weather shirts. I finally broke down and got some maternity underwear. I have a pair of maternity skinny jeans, maternity boot cut, and a pair of nice black pants. I do have a pair of maternity leggings, but those still have the tags on. Oops.

Still have regular bras. I'm just too large for maternity ones (36H-ish) and I would have to special order them. I probably will get on that eventually.

I do find that I need to do laundry within about a week now.

Thanks to *Vicki* for an AMAZING siggy

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths - Walt Disney

October 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Super Mommy
I have two pair of maturity shorts (though now its too cold to wear them) and three pairs of maturity jeans. But I really only like one pair of them so I tend to wear them all the time. I have no maturity tops yet. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on them and I have just now gotten big enough that my regular shirts are getting too tight so I'm going to have to do something soon. But I'm dragging my feet about it since I only have another three months to go. I work in a bank so I have to wear dress clothes there but I just couldn't bring myself to spend money on something that I only wear a couple days a week. So I'm just wearing my sweaters and streching them out since I don't plan on returning to work there anyway. I had a pair of dress pants that were two sizes too big so I still use them though they are now too small so I use an elistic band on them. I only have another two and a half months of work so I'm hoping I can make them work until then
October 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a pair of shorts, two pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of yoga pants, 2 pairs of gaucho pants, 2 long sleeve shirts, a couple t-shirts, a sweater and some hoodies. Could use some more shirts and maybe some leggings and i would like to get some sweater dresses but otherwise not doing too badly so far. I just bought 1/2 this stuff recently though cause i was desperate and it's getting colder out.
October 13th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
a lot. lol hubby says I have to many clothes as it is, let alone I had to empty my dresser to fit all my maternity clothes. TBH I got deals on fb garage sale sites.. I got 4 tubs of maternity clothes for $25 wooohoooo steal

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

October 13th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't really have that much. I have about 6 maternity tops, 4 pairs of ordinary leggings, a pair of black maternity pants and 2 jumpers I still fit into. Oh and a maternity coat. I could do with a pair of jeans and another pair of black pants.

[/url]
October 13th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a few. I haven't bought anything new though except two shirts from consignment. I was still teaching last pregnancy and bought four pairs of jeans and a pair of black slacks that I am using now. I still have one pair of jeans I can put a hair tie around the button on. I have a few mat shirts but mostly just Tees and things I can still stretch over my belly, lol. I use cami's to wear under things and if its hot. I do have one pair of mat shorts from last time too, but its getting too cold. I also had bras from last time. They are not mat but just a bigger size with support. I don't buy mat bras... I wait til baby comes and get nursing bras.

Honestly I am most comfy in stretchy/yoga pants that I wear anyway.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

October 13th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Super Mommy
With me being a sahm I don't have a lot I have 5 tank tops 2 pairs of capris 2 pairs of jeans one of which is way to big and 4 tee shirts but I do have a few preprego shirts I can still wear and 2 sweats outfits

October 14th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
I have about 10 pairs of pants (and 3 shorts that I can't wear as it is cold here). I have one maternity dress and about 10 shirts. I can wear my regular shirts still as I'm carrying really low so they don't get stretched out. Half my stuff is from my pregnancy with my DS and the rest I bought for $1 each at the Salvation Army.
October 14th, 2013, 10:32 AM
kmwilliams's Avatar Veteran
I have a pair of black dress pants and three pairs of jeans. Two dresses and 15-20 shirts. Half of those shirts are solid long sleeve and I just layer with blazers and sweaters. My band for my pants is still working well so I'm able to wear most non maternity pants
January 2nd, 2014 at 2:41pm
8lbs 3oz - 21 in long

October 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have about 8 maxi dresses that I live in at work. Three maternity tops, one jean skirt, one pair of jeans for casual friday, and two pairs of leggings. Oh, and my fat yoga pants, lol, that I live in on the week ends..
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
October 15th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Super Mommy
I'm a teacher. I have like 3 pair of maternity dress pants, 2 pair of khakis (sp), 1 pair of brown pants, 4 pairs of jeans, like 4 pair of shorts, a ton of maternity tops (although some are getting too short), and a coat. I accumulated most of this used

Thank you *Kiliki* For my Beautiful Siggi
October 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I have 2 pairs of capri's, A pair of Khaki's that sit below the belly, but is getting miserable to wear. I also have 2 pairs of slacks that I should be able to wear for a while still. I think I have a pair or two of pants that I put away that I am too small for.

I have my maxi dress and two other dresses that I should be able to wear with tights (if I get some)

I have a lot of shirts that are baggy and big from before baby that I can still wear and several maternity shirts as well.

Then there are the PJ pants I love those!

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 17th, 2013, 01:19 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I really need to get some yoga pants. I have only a couple of pairs of pants (one is a capri pair) and I have a pair of maternity leggings. The shirts I wear are just tank tops and I really did not get any maternity shirts or anything.
fmlbulridr018 likes this.
November 13th, 2013, 05:15 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Not very big but i am wearing leggings that are not maternity and long tanks under everything.

November 13th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
I have practically nothing at all.

I have a zip up hoodie to wear over my work uniform, two nice shirts, two tank tops and a winter coat.

When I am not in work uniform (which is just an XXL sized shirt and my regular pants unbuttoned), I am wearing non-maternity leggings rolled down under the belly.

So classy

Thanks so much to bokkechick for the amazing siggy!

November 13th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Super Mommy
i have a pair of skinny mat jeans, a pair of boot cut mat jeans, 5-6 pairs of mat capris, and 3 pairs of mat shorts, though its getting too chilly for those here recently. i have ten to fifteen mat tops, some of which are getting too short...ugh...I also have a few pairs of yoga pants, though some more of those would be great. I am debating buying a new pair of jeans, because it gets frustrating if i need them and the one pair i have are in the wash.
&
Our Angel Baby
Gryffin Boyd
Born Sleeping December 26, 2013
Expecting baby # 9
our rainbow bean!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search