What kind....

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
of birth control are you thinking will work for you after baby????

I am clueless as to what to do. I read horror stories of all the types of implants and such. So I am pretty sure I don't want to go there. We are not good with condoms... obviously!
And pills tend not to work for me. My dd3 is proof of that.
My biggest issue is that nothing is 100% and with any option there is the chance of getting preggo with bad outcomes. When I MC I had been on pills and got preggo but I was not religious about taking them them like I was when I got preggo with DD3. I also know a lady who had her tubes tied that has had two tubals since and the last one almost took her life bec it ruptured and she lost so much blood.

I don't want more kids but I don't want to loose one bec of that either. I am so torn. What is everyone else thinking of doing?

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

October 14th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am thinking an IUD, i have a few friends with them who absolutely love them. Pill have not been good with me either (hence this baby), so i think i will try that route this time around.
When i'm finished having kids, i might try to talk hubby into a vasectomy or try Essure (but that's a ways away and maybe there will be some other magical wonder-solution at that time)
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.
October 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am trying to talk SO into the vasectomy. That would be easier for us I think. I am a lil scared of the IUD.

Momma to

October 14th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am gonna go back on the pill.. ive had friends and fmaily with bad experiences with IUD

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

October 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM
seekingrainbow's Avatar Super Mommy
i'm going old fashion.. condoms, diaphragm and/or pull out. We used the pull out for the past 3 yrs (condoms right after second was born). Hormones are out of the question since they make me crazy, IUD (paraguard is hormone free) and the implanon scare the crap out of me. So I will probably start with condoms (we're pretty good with those) for awhile. And then switch to pull out. I want to be fitted for a diaphragm but not sure how well I'll use it.

and my little Jedi, Lucas Gary
Born Sleeping, 1.3.2014

Held close to my heart for 239 days

October 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
My husband is getting snipped!

October 14th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Super Mommy
I want my husband to get snipped but he has a friend who had a bad experience so he is fighting me. he wants me to get my tubes tied. I'm tired of having my body messed with so I say no. It's his turn. I hate the pill and iud and implants scare me. dh hates condoms and pull out/rhythm method didn't work for us which is how I got pregnant this time.
October 14th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i dont really understand the fear of IUD's, personally, but i guess it's maybe because i havent heard any horror stories about them from those who i know that have/had them. But getting tubes tied concerns me cause i know plenty of people who had this procedure done who later had issues with ovarian cysts and it just seems like too much of a coincidence for me.
October 15th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
^ google is not always my friend....

Momma to

October 15th, 2013, 05:26 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I have NO idea the pill makes me crazy and I gain weight on it. We won't use condoms lol soooo I have NO idea lol!
fmlbulridr018 likes this.

October 15th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
One thing you got to remember, people share horror stories much faster than success stories. Even with mainstream media, how many movies out there are about things going right? Sure they exist but much more often a movie is made of things that go wrong. The same is true when it comes to the News, restaurant reviews, Doctor office reviews, and birth control.

We hear a lot of horror stories about the IUD, but talk to your doctor. I knew for me that taking a pill daily wasn't something I wanted to do. Heck, I have a hard time remembering to take my shot at the right time now and that isn't even optional meds for me. Also with the pill there are a lot of medications that can interact with it, antibiotics being one. Because I have a history of heart problems, I go on antibiotics ALOT. So for me the pill wasn't practical if I still had to use a condom every time I needed an antibiotic.

Another factor I considered was that once my 6 week postpartum period was up I didn't have insurance, so I wanted something I wouldn't have to continue to pay for each month because I knew myself well enough to know that I would be too easily tempted to skip it because I am naturally cheap.

That's when I started thinking about the IUD. I talked to my doctor and explained to her what my thoughts were on other forms, and that I had heard a lot of bad things about the IUD though and was nervous. She told me in her history it has a 90% success rate, and that the patients who had problems with it, did so in the first year. She also explained that in over 90% of the cases of pregnancy on the IUD, the ultrasound confirmed that the IUD had fell out and the patient didn't know it. Once again, this is most likely to happen in the first year and or with women who haven't had babies. There are side effects with it, as are any other form of birth control. What won me over though was the possibility of my periods getting lighters or disappearing. I had always had very heavy periods. For me the IUD lightened them up, I had a predictable 4 month cycle. Each month my period would get lighter, and the lighter my period was the worse my PMS was (other than some cramping I had never had symptoms of PMS before IUD) After 3 lighter cycles, I would have one heavier cycle with more bleeding and once again almost no symptoms. Even this "heavy" cycle was no where near as heavy as my periods had been in the past so I was very happy. For me the worst part of the IUD was removing it to get a second one, but it was due to the medications I was on. I bled horribly for 2 weeks straight was very large clots and was terrified that whole two weeks. When I had my 2nd IUD removed to TTC, that wasn't nearly as bad.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 15th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am struggling the most bec no matter what I choose, there is a possibility of pregnancy and MC. I don't want to take that chance.

I had three beautiful girls and then a twin MC. I was in complete denial. I think as many people when you are able to have healthy babies, your perspective of MC is totally different. I had the idea that if people have trouble they do so and those who have healthy babies will continue to do so... if that makes since. Several months later I totally freaked out on SO bec the only "proof" I had that my twins ever existed was one US pic.... that I had misplaced. Luckily I found it shortly.
Now my perspective is different and I have experienced this horrible thing that I never wish to do again.

My doc is really pushing that I have to have something before I leave the hosp. It is an every appt discussion. They are all for each one for different reasons. She says the same thing, that you don't hear the good only the bad that people report. But if it is happening, what ever the rate... Im not sure I want to risk even the 1/ million. Bec with my luck I would be the 1. My doc also recommended the essure for me and said the only problem was one lady who complained of cramping and they removed them fixing the problem. Then one of the med students told me on the next visit that they cant be removed bec it is permanent.

I am just very torn. I have never had problem with pills except remembering to take them and one pregnancy when I knew that I had taken them religiously and ended up preggo. My doc at the time blamed this on generic BC. He said if the name brand is 98% and you buy generic it can be much lower, like 70% due to the batch it came from. His philosophy was to always buy the real deal in BC.

We have also discussed a hysterectomy which is the only for sure thing, in my opinion. But he is not sure we could convince my ins to pay for it.

Momma to

October 15th, 2013, 06:50 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to have my tubes tied. I do not want any more kids.

I had the Paraguard IUD for over 7 years. It was just this past year when I started having major cramping and it ended up coming out. However I do feel like if I would have had insurance and went to the Gyno it would have been a different outcome and it would not have came out. I just honestly didnt have the money to go to the Dr... I really loved my IUD it had no hormones which worked great for me. I agree that people share horror stories way faster than they share something good.

October 15th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
After this one DH is talking about getting snipped, but I will also being considering something permanent. I have already told George if they have to do a C-section for any reason, I want them to go ahead and do what they need to do for a permanent Birth Control. Otherwise I will probably go back to the IUD for the first 5 years, and nothing after that if his vasectomy goes well.
mommaof5girls likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 15th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, i googled some forms of birth control last night and some of the side effects mentioned can be pretty crazy but the again, you can google *any* medication and still get the same kind of scary info. As Brittainy said, maybe consulting with the doc and expressing your concerns, the two of you can come up with the best solution for birth control for you Good luck!
October 15th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have talked with them... every visit it seems turns into this. I think my hormones are driving my intense feelings on it right now though. DH and I used the foam and it worked well for us with the pills and without. They only way I would even consider surgery would be if I had to have a cs anyway. surgery scares the crap out of me. Ive never had an operation. I did sign consents last doc visit just to get the woman to hush. They are driving me insane with it. Personally I think its my body and they shouldn't be allowed to try to force anything on a person. Thanks for sharing your experiences/ stories with me. I am researching as well.

Momma to

October 15th, 2013, 12:34 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christikb View Post
I want my husband to get snipped but he has a friend who had a bad experience so he is fighting me. he wants me to get my tubes tied. I'm tired of having my body messed with so I say no. It's his turn. I hate the pill and iud and implants scare me. dh hates condoms and pull out/rhythm method didn't work for us which is how I got pregnant this time.
My husband would never ask me to have surgery when his is an office procedure. I've also had friends that almost died in childbirth, but people have babies everyday. Surgery is never our first option. Tell him you birth his children, he can do this!

and the IUD complications I've heard of is breakthrough bleeding and longer periods. On the other side of that, I've had friends that didn't have their period as often.

October 15th, 2013, 07:44 PM
ambermadic's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ambermadic Send a message via Yahoo to ambermadic
I hate the pill makes me a mad women. So that's out. Only other thing I have used is the pull out and it work with the exception of my 6 year old. Drunken night didn't pull out lol. This one we treys to have . It worked for us for many years.
October 15th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Super Mommy
I have NO idea what we are doing. I plan on breast feeding so birth control is out of the question. Plus it makes me crazy so I told my boyfriend I was never going on it again. I wouldn't get an IUD because I've heard of people getting pregnant with it in and it getting implanted into the babies head and stuff. We both hate condoms so I dought we will be using them for long. This is our first baby so I'm totally fine with having another one right away. Which I had a feeling might happen. After we have two I'm going to try and convince my boyfriend to get snipped. I think its only fair since I carried the baby for 9 months and will be pushing it out
October 15th, 2013, 11:31 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure either. I only got pregnant twice while on the pill cause I missed one and then the next time i took one late. So it was my fault each time. I always use the mini pills cause I breastfeed and those things are very strict in order for them to work. Plus they really killed my sex drive. But I am terrified of getting my tubes tied, too many horror stories. Dh won't get the V done and I heard too many horrors on the IUD as well. So I am at a loss. Thinking I may go back to the mini pill and just be very strict on taking them. Not sure yet..
mommaof5girls likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search