i love thanksgiving!!

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
Thanksgiving dinner is the best who is making dinner and what do you make? If your not making dinner do you make any pies or a certain dish to bring? I help my mom make the stuffing stuff the turkey i prep it..we have mashed potatoes and salad and rolls and broccoli cheddar rice casserole mmm ..we will be at my moms for the morning and afternoon then his moms for evening and ill be making apple pie and bringing it bc my apple pie is yummy

I have a tradition every year since i was little i watch the thanksgiving day Macy's parade while I cook and then after im done i love the parade! I'm a kid at heart
shell1981 and baby4due like this.

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

November 12th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I miss the parade... we used to watch when I was a kid.
I usually cook dinner. Most of the time its just us and grampa so not huge. My girls are getting to where they want ham and turkey. I like to do my lasagna special since I am vegetarian. Then we usually have homemade biscuits, mashed pot, green beans, mac&cheese, gravy, etc.

Ok I'm making myself hungry, lol.....
Faith=2xBlessed likes this.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

November 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Mmm I know that sounds good!!

November 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I do dinner. Turkey, cornbread dressing, macaroni, sweet potato casserole, peas, mashed potatoes, chocolate pies. There's more I'm sure I'm leaving something out. Me and my husband really do it big and cook for our friends. I don't have much family and no parents to cook for me.

November 12th, 2013, 11:02 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
My mother in law does the cooking and I will bake. . . I am SO excited this year bc its all stuff that i loooove except stuffing i never love that. lol. . .

November 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM
FDwife&mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to FDwife&mama
i actually eat more of the sides than i ever do of the actual turkey. but i always makes the sweet potato casserole. my recipe has brown sugar and chopped pecans on top rather than marshmellows. yuuuuum!
November 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Super Mommy
We switch what we do each year. Last year we went to DH's mom and stepdad's. This year we will be going to my mom and dad's. My mom makes traditional stuff (turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies and pie). I usually bring a side or dessert. I ALWAYS switch it up and make new stuff. This year I think I'm doing this stuffing with corn and sausage and maybe sun dried tomatoes. I also like cranberries (I'm the only one) so I might make some of those too.
November 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDwife153 View Post
i actually eat more of the sides than i ever do of the actual turkey. but i always makes the sweet potato casserole. my recipe has brown sugar and chopped pecans on top rather than marshmellows. yuuuuum!
That's how I do mine too.

November 12th, 2013, 12:47 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I am not really sure if I am going to do anything this year. All my family as well as his is way too far away and with that close to delivery the traveling or driving would be too much. I also have issues with standing for any length of time so that is not going to be possible either. At this point I have a tough decision. We do much of what everyone else does.
November 12th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Super Mommy
I usually host Thanksgiving for our small family. But this year everyone has decided for me that they don't want me to do all of the cooking, bc they think it will be too much with the partial bedrest I'm on for my placenta issues. I've given in and I think I'm going to go the Amish market this year to purchase the turkey ready made with all of the sides and still try to get everyone to come. Normally, I'm cooking for 3 days beforehand and make everything homemade. I'm going to miss all of the leftovers. lol
mommaof5girls likes this.

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)

November 12th, 2013, 01:02 PM
All this talk sounds so yummy!! Lol

Sarah..I love stuffing!! Have you tried it ? Lol I know some ppl just arent fans im like that with cranberry sauce yuck ive tried it and gross!

Anyone watch the parade or have any certain thing they do every year besides the dinner

November 12th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom and grandma usually cook/bake. I help once i get to the house but they kinda have a system down pat. We generally have about 20 people (give or take) over for Thanksgiving (that's one long table!)
November 12th, 2013, 03:23 PM
In the south we do dressing. Stuffing is with bread and dressing is with cornbread. It's a huge difference but it's very regional. Anyone else do dressing instead? You don't have to stuff it in the turkey. You make it separate.

November 12th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
In the south we do dressing. Stuffing is with bread and dressing is with cornbread. It's a huge difference but it's very regional. Anyone else do dressing instead? You don't have to stuff it in the turkey. You make it separate.
That's really cool! I never knew that..ya learn something new everyday how do you make it ?

November 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Cornbread (not the sweet kind that some people eat. Real cornbread)
Pepper
Sage
I use onion juice ( make it with the food processor because I can't eat onions)
Chicken stock and also juice from turkey
Boiled eggs all chopped up.
Then I bake it.

Some people add actual meat and some do celery. We have picky eaters so it's all about the flavor of mine. Soooo good. And it is a good consistency. Stuffing with bread is gross to me, but cornbread is heartier. If that makes sense.

November 12th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Wow thats so cool..I love stuffing lol but I'd want to try this!

November 12th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I forgot you need some garlic too. Not a ton. I don't measure I just go by taste

November 12th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Feel like I'm missing out! Hate that we don't have thanks giving in the UK It's like you guys have 2 Christmases!
What actual date is thanks giving? And what actually happens? Are there traditions that everyone does or does each family have there own?

[/url]
November 12th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Aww...this year it is Nov 28 th its always last Thursday of the month every family well I can't speak for everyone but most ppl have a turkey dinner which is put in the oven in the morning and then all the fixins like mashed potatoes veggies salad rolls gravy sweet potato casserole and other things each family has their own lil traditions for dinner and then everyone sits around and digests the 50 lbs of food they ate the two things I have to do every year is make the stuffing and stuff the turkey and get it in oven and watch the macys thanksgiving day parade

November 13th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Super Mommy
I LOVE me some corn bread dressing with turkey and cranberry sauce....omg.....i love it....i usually make sides, and my mom is teaching me how to make the cornbread dressing this year....we don't do much but stuff our faces, and my birthday is the day after thanksgiving this year, and we are actually having our thanksgiving on my birthday this year lol...should be fun.
&
Our Angel Baby
Gryffin Boyd
Born Sleeping December 26, 2013
Expecting baby # 9
our rainbow bean!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search