calling all cloth diapering mamas!!

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HeatherJ
  • 2 Post By Leah M

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2014, 05:05 AM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
I'm jumping on thr cd bandwagon!! What kind do you use? What's your system? How is it going for you?

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013
* After heartbreak and tears, and many fears my two blessings are here*

Relactating mama since march 13th 2014..don't ever stop something you
March 23rd, 2014, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You will be so glad you did!! We use alvas:http://www.alvababy.com/I have ordered several times with complete satisfaction and delivery in less than 2 weeks. I found it to be the best budget friendly way to go and they are sooo cute. I highly recommend the charcoal liners they are awesome! I have another friend who also uses these.It is a trial and error thing. If you have leaks don't get frustrated just change things until you figure it out! I was using ajax and vinegar to wash now I am using plain tide and vinegar occasionally.Vinegar is a natural softener and antimicrobial. Make sure you rinse well sometimes I have to rinse twice to get the bubbles out. I'm no pro, but can share what has worked for us over the last 2 years. Seriously it does take time to get it down but you wont regret it!!

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

March 23rd, 2014, 01:50 PM
Yes im very excited! Were going with econobums to get started they are 50$ for 3 covers and 12 pf but the reviews are great I'm also getting some pocket diapers too..I make my own soap so ill use that and vinegar too! Can I still use coconut oil on their butts? I figured itll save us about 4000$ a year!!! Plus its better for them with no chemicals and they are really cute!

March 23rd, 2014, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think you have to have special diaper cream.... but we never need it!!

Momma to

March 24th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Super Mommy
We are using GDiapers and I really like them. They are a hybrid system. Also I'm working on making some of my own diapers in my "spare" time.
Faith=2xBlessed likes this.
March 24th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^^ I so wish I could make them!!! Ours are pockets, AI2's I think some call them. I recently bought some charcoal liners and love them. DD loves them. When we went on our mini vacay we bought a pack of sposies and she pulls at them all the time and they leaked like crazy. It is one of the best decisions we have made I only wish I had known about these with my other girls.

Momma to

March 24th, 2014, 08:48 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use pockets during the day and sized AIOs at night. I second the Alva's love them and they come in adorable prints! We have a few in our stash, I wish we could have more but they aren't daddy friendly in this household! To wash I use Rockin Green. I do a cold rinse, then a hot wash with RG, and then another cold rinse to make sure all the detergent is out of the dipes. You do need to use special cd safe cream. We use coconut oil, breastmilk, or Angel Baby Bottom Balm (by Earth Mama & Angel Baby). But my go to is breastmilk!We also use cloth wipes and spray them with a solution I order from a mom off Etsy they smell amazing and its a great price! I can link you if you are interested in cloth wipes.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
March 25th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Yes breast milk is wonderful for healing! I've used it many of times..and i would love the link bc once my wipes are gone I'm using cloth wipes!

March 25th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I sporadically use cloth wipes. I found solutions online to mix myself. My fav has aloe and teatree oil. I find them difficult when we are out away from the house though. Does anyone have a routine for that??

Momma to

April 15th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Super Mommy
You can totally use coconut oil! I do a wash with cold water then do another wash in hot water and use tide free and clear (though I'm sure If you make your own soap that is fine too) then do a rinse in cold water. I love clothe diapers! Mia had rash that wouldnt go away no matter what we used. And she hadnt had one since we switched.I use Kawii diapers which were super cheap. They were $129 for 24 diapers and 48 inserts
Mommyof5girls, you could always put the solution in a spray bottle and bring it with you in your diaper bag.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search