My life with twins

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jennmommyoftwobeauties
  • 1 Post By MommytoZoeAlyssa
  • 2 Post By TJSRLS08

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2014, 02:46 AM
TJSRLS08's Avatar Pregnant with Twins!
Wow all throughout my pregnancy I knew it was going to be hard but I could never have imagined exactly how hard. Lance and Silas are three and a half months old and it has not gotten any easier. I still get no sleep cause one of them is usually awake. They eat constantly only taking 2ozs therefore they eat about every two hours and never at the same time.

Sorry I don't make it here very often. I will try to log in more often.
March 23rd, 2014, 04:45 AM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
I was the same as you I didn't think it was going to be as hard as it actually is! I'm sorry they are still not sleeping and eating enough it has gotten easier for us finally, we thought they were never going to sleep more than 2 hours..my girls drink 5-8 oz and sleep 5-8 hours a night I never thought it would happen...I know how exhausting it is so im sorry! Are they on BM or formula? What kind of formula if so? and do they sleep in cribs or with you or together?

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

March 24th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow I can remember a friend if mine who had twins. She was like a zombie for the first 6 months. Her boy was great but her girl imogen cried all the time. She said once they ate food it was much easier and they slept much better.

[/url]
March 24th, 2014, 09:44 AM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I am so sorry to hear this girl. Hope that adjustment comes sooner than later and things get easier for you. If you want to talk at any point I generally stay up late and I am there to talk if you want to shoot me a message. I really do hope though that things begin to get better and more on a routine you can manage.
Faith=2xBlessed likes this.
March 24th, 2014, 11:28 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Major props to you ladies who are moms to twins!! I hope it gets easier for you
Faith=2xBlessed likes this.

March 25th, 2014, 02:21 AM
They actually get both breastmilk and formula. I never produced enough for both which sucks. I kept up the rigorous pumping schedule for 2 months but lack of sleep took over and I skipped pumping sessions now I don't produce much. They are on enfacare the preemie formula. They sleep in rock n plays or with us. They kinda sleep close but not with each other because they wake each other too much.
March 25th, 2014, 05:17 AM
I hear ya there about the formula i was and still am upset I couldnt ebf like some women can it is very tiring!! If your doing both I would give formula at night bc its heavier..my girls are on enfamil ar it has added rice for their acid reflux but maybe you could try that they may sleep longer my girls did once I started giving it to them! And I lay my babies on their bellies and they sleep wayyyy better I know a lot of ppl are against it but it works for us the girls would constantly startle themselves on their backs and would wake up..at first i used to check them conatantly bc i was worried bc everyone says back to sleep but now I don't worry at all..they can move themselves all over and pick up half their body..but anyways I hope you get rest soon sleep deprivation was the worst

March 25th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Super Mommy
Praying it gets easier for u! 1 is hard at times can't even think 2 hang in there mama

March 27th, 2014, 04:35 AM
My guys have silent reflux so they are on zantac to help control it. They do not like sleeping on their bellies they sleep well on their back or side. The last few nights they have actually been doing 5-6 hours, taking a bottle then going right back to sleep for at least another 3 hours so let's hope the trend continues.
Faith=2xBlessed and Leah M like this.
March 27th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Well I'm glad they slept longer that's how it started for us and now they sleep anywhere from 5-8 hours savannah slept 9 the other night! But occasionally one will only sleep 3-4 n get up for a bottle then sleep like 4-5 hrs..can't wait for the 10 hr nights lol and they offered the zantac to us too but we wanted to try formula first and its worked great!

Once my milk comes back completely ill breastfeed as much as I can but at night sticking to formula bc I love sleep! Lol

April 15th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Super Mommy
Glad to hear they slept longer. Hopefully it continues! One is hard enough I can't imagine two
April 15th, 2014, 06:28 PM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
I know exactly what you mean. Although, mine are doing so much better and are sleeping mostly through the night. My boys will be 4 months Easter Sunday. Kayden, the oldest, hasn't had any issues. Caleb, who is much smaller, also has reflux - terrible. He was on Zantac... The doctor finally prescribed him generic Prevacid. I just started it tonight. He used to sleep in a rock n play in our room, but I finally was able to get him to sleep in his crib, without spitting up a lot. I elevated his crib mattress with a block of wood, and we wrap him in a swaddle blanket. During the day he spits up a lot, and he arches and cries when he does sometimes. I know it has to burn. I tried bf'ing too, but it didn't work out - too time consuming (although I am trying again now). Caleb is on Alimentum... That seems to help a lot. Both of my boys were on the Enfacare, but it hurt their bellies... it's very thick and rich. You can change the formula if you need too... It gets better... Just keep pushing the doctors if you feel that the reflux isn't getting better.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search