Isabel Faith ~ Born at 33 weeks, 3lbs 11oz (pics added)

So This Is Love

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To So This Is Love LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Veteran
This was an amazing story -- Thank you for sharing and she is beautiful -- you also look amazing for everything you have gone through -- you are in my thoughts and prayers -- so happy you have a beautiful baby -- she is a true miracle
April and baby Emmit from the July DDC
June 18th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is quite a birth story. So glad you and baby are doing well and stayed strong through it all.

Congrats on your baby girl! She's absolutely beautiful!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

June 18th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted, but I am so happy that both you and Isabel are healthy and thriving now!

I LOVE the middle finger picture! It's like she's telling the world, "Hey- I may be little and came earlier than expected but I'm going to show you all that I'M strong!"

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

June 18th, 2013, 08:37 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow that was truely a amazing story .. And u are truely a strong person .. Hope all goes well moving forward!!!

June 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
mariri's Avatar Veteran
it will all get better dear and your birth story is an amazing one, your baby is pretty
June 23rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you and Isabel are doing well. Such an amazing birth story too.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

June 23rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
*lurking*

Just wanted to tell you that your body was awesome. It held on to your little one for another week; it helped you fight to increase her chances at life; it took you from 2 to delivery in superhuman speed; it knew you didn't want a c-section and guaranteed you got your wish. Your body was and is enough. I know a little something about being told you're strong when you actually feel like glass. And I've come to realize that strength is not something you feel but something you exhibit just by continuing to step one foot in front of the other. You, my dear woman who I do not personally know, you are strong. Accept that. And your little Isabel is the reflection of that strength. Your house will come together and the world will right itself. In the meantime, just remember to breathe.

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

Introducing the Minis

June 23rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shana1979 View Post
*lurking*

Just wanted to tell you that your body was awesome. It held on to your little one for another week; it helped you fight to increase her chances at life; it took you from 2 to delivery in superhuman speed; it knew you didn't want a c-section and guaranteed you got your wish. Your body was and is enough. I know a little something about being told you're strong when you actually feel like glass. And I've come to realize that strength is not something you feel but something you exhibit just by continuing to step one foot in front of the other. You, my dear woman who I do not personally know, you are strong. Accept that. And your little Isabel is the reflection of that strength. Your house will come together and the world will right itself. In the meantime, just remember to breathe.

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning
You should be a therapist or motivational speaker or something. Thank you. Hearing that really does make me feel a little better. <3 <3 <3 I may just come back from time to time to re-read these words . . . or print them out.
June 23rd, 2013, 05:05 PM
Veteran
*lurking*
You are definitely a strong woman. This story seems all too familiar because it happened with my first. Although I did make it to 35 weeks, she weighed 3 lbs 14 oz because I was also troubled with IUGR(inter-uterine growth restriction). Each day it will seem to get better. It will feel like an eternity but will all be worth it in the end. My body totally failed me. My milk never came in. Please try to look at the small blessings, even though I know how hard that is. I am glad your little miracle made it as safely as possible into this world. If you ever need to talk please feel free to PM me.
alittlelost likes this.

[img]

10/2009 11 weeks
Chemical 5/2012
June 23rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bel78 View Post
*lurking*
You are definitely a strong woman. This story seems all too familiar because it happened with my first. Although I did make it to 35 weeks, she weighed 3 lbs 14 oz because I was also troubled with IUGR(inter-uterine growth restriction). Each day it will seem to get better. It will feel like an eternity but will all be worth it in the end. My body totally failed me. My milk never came in. Please try to look at the small blessings, even though I know how hard that is. I am glad your little miracle made it as safely as possible into this world. If you ever need to talk please feel free to PM me.
Oh my gosh, I can't imagine having that problem compounded with IUGR. So sorry you went through that. And although my milk came in, I can imagine what it must have been like for you when it didn't. Mine took longer than usual, and those first few days I was in tears thinking my milk would never come in and that my body would fail me and my baby in that way, too. I'm struggling to keep up with pumping and just hope she is home before I mess up my supply somehow. Thank you for the kind words <3
June 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
MissCiara's Avatar 8/28/13
This is such a beautiful story!!!

Although you went through alot of pain, you came out much stronger! I am happy to hear that the two of you are doing fine and I wish you all the best! :-)
June 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Veteran
I was in the March 2013 DDC. I gave birth to a 32 weeker and was also on the mag sulfate. I was only on for 24 hours and those were some of the worst hours ever! I can't believe you were on it for so long. I'm so sorry you had to experience that. I didn't have pre-eclampsia, so I don't know what that's like, but I did have unexplained pre-term labor. And you're right, it's so hard not to try to blame yourself. I had trouble accepting that there wasn't anything I did that led to an early birth, but somehow I got through that. Just know that it does get better, little by little. And one day you'll be holding your baby without wires and it will be great! Good luck and hang in there. Use your friends and family. Maybe keep a journal of how she is doing and each milestone. I kept a blog, that way I didn't have to keep telling people the same thing over and over again.
June 29th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
*lurking*

I was induced for the same thing with my first. I went from 4 to crowning in about 30 minutes(right after the same failed epidural), and it was 15 minutes before I started to deliver. I kept asking people if I was pooping. lol Didn't know what the sensation was, and DD1's head was so large(15"+) that she would not have come without the snip I received.

I'm glad my birth story wasn't as traumatic! That sounds like a lot to go through! In a few years, she'll be older and a regular kid, and you will have a great experience to share with more people. Well, not great, but an interesting experience to share.

My pre-e was very early in its stages, and my OB had me in immediately for induction. I think I was 37w4d so no NICU for us. Same swelling. Goodness, within a couple weeks I was down near 40 lbs! That last few days I had suddenly gained 13 lbs from swelling alone. I felt so fat. So so fat.

I hope you are feeling a little more normal now, and I haven't been following so I hope if baby girl isn't home yet, she will be soon. From reading your story, I know it sucked, but I think you did a wonderful job! She is precious!
alittlelost likes this.
July 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
tparum's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to tparum Send a message via Yahoo to tparum
congrats and ty for shareing pictures

Allways Remembering our Angels
Angelina Marie 08-02-99,William Dewayne 02-08-01,Thomas Ray 07-30-02 and BabyBean 02-22-08 and BabyBean 03/02/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search