Rory Liam ~ July 23rd ~ 37 weeks 6 days

So This Is Love

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By Irishgirl99
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 1 Post By cameronzmom
  • 1 Post By Eva L.
  • 1 Post By lexiandolive
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By Jenilope
  • 2 Post By Jessmom
  • 1 Post By soccermamatomany
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 2 Post By Irishgirl99
  • 1 Post By Husher
  • 1 Post By lucyinthesky88
  • 1 Post By Colliekat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To So This Is Love LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mommy of 3
Sorry this is long!

Saturday July 20th

I started having contractions at 8pm. They were coming every 5 minutes but they weren't that strong. I remembered reading that if it's false labour it will stop when you take a bath so I ran a bath at 11pm and sure enough the eased up. Went to bed around midnight and woke up at 1:30 to more contractions. I tried to sleep through them so wasn't timing them but whenever I did look at the clock they were 5-6 minutes apart. When I got up Sunday morning they started to get further apart.

Sunday July 21st

We went and did some grocery shopping and was getting a pain every half an hour or so. Around 2pm we got something to eat and they totally disappeared. Went to bed around 10pm Sunday night and woke at 1:30pm again with more contractions. These were stronger than the night before. Around 4:30 I fell asleep and when I woke at 6 I was still having them. Went to bathroom and lost my mucous plug.

Monday July 22nd

Dh woke at 7am and I told him I'd been having contractions since 1:30 and was still having them. He called his boss and told him he'd be late going in. At 9am I called the Drs office and the nurse told us to come in at 10. After I hung up the phone they started to spread further apart. Ugh. But I said I'd still go in to see if I was making any progress. Saw the Dr at 10 and he told me I was 1 1/2cm dilated (I'd been 1cm two weeks earlier) I almost cried!! I couldn't believe I was having all this pain and it wasn't doing anything! He said he thought it'd be another week before anything happened, that it was just false labour. He told us to come back when they were 3 minutes apart for 2 hours. So I was pretty disappointed leaving there. With my other 2 I never had any pain until I was actually in labour.
The rest of the day they were coming maybe once an hour then at 6pm they started coming closer together so I ran a bath at 7 and they still kept coming.
We started timing them and from 8pm to 9:30 they were between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 minutes apart, then started to spread out again. So annoying so we just went to bed. They got stronger once I laid down so I kept timing them and they stayed at 6 minutes apart aaaalll night long. I couldn't get any sleep. I was up pacing the floors, tried to sleep sitting up on the couch and nothing helped.

Tuesday July 23rd

Dh woke at 7am and I told him I'd been up all night. I kept timing them and they started to spread out again so I told him just to go to work and I'd call him if I needed him.
I was so exhausted that myself and the kids just sat around all morning. They were about half an hr apart all day. At 3pm I tried to lie down for a while and they started coming much stronger and closer together and I was feeling a lot of pressure with them. I got up and started timing them. Every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes and hard to breath through them. At 3:30 I texted hubby to come home and texted my friend to watch the kids. He got home around 4:40 and I told him to call the Drs office cos I couldn't talk. The nurse said he'd be in at 5 and to come straight over. They were coming so close together in the car that I had visions of delivering in the Dr's office! We got there just after 5 and he took us back straight away. His first words were "well we have time" " you're a 3, almost 4" I couldn't believe it. I was thinking about an 8. He could tell I was in a lot of pain and told us to go straight to the hospital and they'd get things started and he said he'd be over after his office closed and we'd probably have a baby by 10pm. He said he'd call the hospital so they'd know we were on way and I said tell them I want an epidural!!!
They were coming really close together in the car. We got to the hospital and a lady waiting for a cab grabbed a wheelchair for us. Straight up to labour and delivery and a nurse met us and said my Dr had called and she brought us to our room. She handed me a gown and told me to go get changed and give a urine sample. I went to bathroom and tried to pee and nothing. Tried again and pushed a bit harder and I heard a pop and saw a splash of blood go into toilet and felt the head move down! I screamed for hubby and he came to door and could see the head crowning so he screamed for the nurse. She came and then grabbed a Dr walking along corridor. They kept telling me to relax, that I had to get to the bed. So hubby and the nurse helped me over. The Dr told me just to keep breathing while they got things set up. I said no I have to push! One push and the rest of his head came out, one more push and out he flew at 5:47pm. 7 minutes after we got to the hospital!! She announced that it was a boy!
His apgars were 9&9. He weighed 6lb 11oz and 20 inches long. He's perfect!!
My Dr arrived 2 hours later and seemed a bit bewildered by the whole thing lol!

Sorry it's so long, I don't know what to count as the actual start of labour.
Husher likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 10:25 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your story is really encouraging! I am glad Im not the only one with contractions that keep me up for days! It was such a long ordeal for you but so happy he's here and perfect!
Irishgirl99 likes this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 30th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Whew! Glad you made it to the hospital in time! He was ready to be here lol!
Irishgirl99 likes this.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 30th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Regular
What a great story! I have been miserable for days as well, not having contractions but just feel so sick, sore and tired so your story gives me hope
Glad to hear you and baby are doing well!
Irishgirl99 likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Veteran
Wow, that's something else! I think it's hilarious that your Dr. was so bewildered! Congratulations.
Irishgirl99 likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 12:28 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many weeks were you? That sounds like a great experience to me!! I had something similar, but not so many days. 2:00am started, got to hospital at 6:30 am, she was born at 7:02 am. I wouldn't mind doing that again!!

Your birth story does give me hope, because I've been having pretty strong BH contrax and sometimes they are regular. I'm hoping I don't go past due and have to be induced this time!!

Thanks for sharing your story!!! Congrats and can't wait to see pictures!!!!!

Did you do anything that you didn't mention during this time to speed labor along? walking, dtd, etc???
Irishgirl99 likes this.

Last edited by mirdeemrlvs; July 30th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
July 30th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Wow! What a fast progression once things really got going! Congratulations on the birth of your baby!
Irishgirl99 likes this.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

July 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Mommy of 3
I was taking red raspberry leaf tea capsules and evening primrose oil from 36 weeks.
My epo were 1000mg so I took one day until 37 weeks then 2 a day. I started taking 3 a day on the Sunday after the contractions started. Orally not vaginally.

I walked a lot during my pregnancy but not in the last week cos it was just too hot here. No Dtd.
I bought an exercise ball on the Sunday and bounced on that at nighttime during the contractions when I couldn't sleep.

That's all I can think of.

Good luck to all you ladies!!

Oh I was 37 weeks 6 days. My other two were born at 39 & 2 and 39 & 1

July 30th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
What a great story! Congrats to you and your family!! All the detail is wonderful. Gives us all something to hope for as we count away our last days.
mirdeemrlvs and Irishgirl99 like this.
July 30th, 2013, 01:57 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing story! Congrats again on the birth of your son!
Irishgirl99 likes this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgirl99 View Post
I was taking red raspberry leaf tea capsules and evening primrose oil from 36 weeks.
My epo were 1000mg so I took one day until 37 weeks then 2 a day. I started taking 3 a day on the Sunday after the contractions started. Orally not vaginally.

I walked a lot during my pregnancy but not in the last week cos it was just too hot here. No Dtd.
I bought an exercise ball on the Sunday and bounced on that at nighttime during the contractions when I couldn't sleep.

That's all I can think of.

Good luck to all you ladies!!

Oh I was 37 weeks 6 days. My other two were born at 39 & 2 and 39 & 1
I'm taking two RRLT daily and I"ve been doing that for about 2 weeks. The bottle says take two a day. If I get close to 39/40 weeks, I think I'll take three a day!

Thanks for the answers!!
Irishgirl99 likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 08:27 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank goodness you got to the hospital when you did!!! <3 <3 <3 Congrats! I love your birth story. I know you didn't plan for natural but isn't it amazing in the end?? <3 <3 Congrats again, so so so happy for you!
Irishgirl99 likes this.
July 31st, 2013, 05:53 AM
Mommy of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
Thank goodness you got to the hospital when you did!!! <3 <3 <3 Congrats! I love your birth story. I know you didn't plan for natural but isn't it amazing in the end?? <3 <3 Congrats again, so so so happy for you!
Yep it really is! I had an epidural with the other 2 and fully intended on having one this time. I loved my epidurals. But I have to say I'm very proud of myself for doing it drug free even if it wasn't by choice
Husher and lucyinthesky88 like this.

July 31st, 2013, 06:45 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Awww! I totally just cried reading this! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family!
Irishgirl99 likes this.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

August 1st, 2013, 12:35 AM
Veteran
Congratulations! You made it there in the nick of time!
Irishgirl99 likes this.
August 9th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow your story gives me hope that things can go from zero to baby really fast! Congrats!
Irishgirl99 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search