Riley Ginette 8/16/13 **with pics!**

So This Is Love

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sapphire116

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To So This Is Love LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Veteran
As a FTM, I was originally dismayed when finding out she was breech at 20 weeks. Everyone said it was no big deal at all, but I just had a feeling...and sure enough (despite my best efforts) at every visit after and at 39 weeks little Riley was still breech so I went in for a C-section on the 16th at 39 weeks, 1 day. I arrived at the hospital at 1:30 pm with my husband, and we were quickly attended to for pre-op. The nurses at my hospital were fabulous for the surgery. Everything ran on time and I got whisked to the OR a little early. I was VERY scared of vomiting during the spinal, but I didn't have any problems at all. In fact, the spinal was pretty awesome feeling. My husband soon joined me in the ER, and within minutes, Riley was born at 3:33 pm, weighing 7 lbs, 3 oz. She scored an 8/9 on her APGAR, but had an extremely low blood sugar of 28. This meant that in the recovery room I had to wait to nurse and have skin-to-skin until she was fed some formula to bring up her sugar. Not ideal, but whatever she needed I was okay with.

After about 1.5 hours in the recovery room, we were taken to our regular room and had some awesome bonding time. I was still pretty numb at this point, but STARVING. I was only allowed some chicken broth and jello :-( Riley was a stellar latcher, and was awesome at feedings. At the 4 different visits with the lactation consultants they all mentioned how she was the best nurser on the ward. Doesn't mean she didn't leave me a few blisters in her learning attempts....

I was able to stand up and walk around within 6 hours of my surgery, and within 14 I had showered and walked the halls a few times. My stitches are healing great. Recovery from the C-section is WAY easier than I expected. It's now a few days out and I'm a bit sore, but can move in/out of bed without problems, walking is a-okay, and I have barely any bleeding left. I would opt for a C-section again in a HEARTBEAT.

We came home today. Riley has been a bit more cranky the last 24 hours, but who can blame her? Below are some of my favorite pictures of my little girl. My husband and I are absolutely smitten with this adorable face. I was hoping for red hair (my husband has BRIGHT red hair) and we've had some friends say "look at that reddish hair!" and some who say "I don't see a smidgen of red at all". What do you think?

mirdeemrlvs likes this.

Last edited by sapphire116; August 19th, 2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Wrong Photo
August 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Super Mommy
What a cute baby! Congrats!
August 19th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Veteran
She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations on your baby girl and so glad to hear that you're recovering well
August 19th, 2013, 11:02 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
Congrats she's adorable! I can totally see both spectrums. This first pic I would say there is some red especially at the ends but the 2nd pic looks dark brown. Beautiful lil mama none the less

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

August 20th, 2013, 09:28 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww!! very cute IT's hard to tell in the pictures of her hair color, but it seems I see a little red.

Your the first advocate of a c/s I have read about, LOL... I've never had one.

I'm glad everything went so well for you. Congrats!!!!

August 21st, 2013, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
aww so cute and great story

August 21st, 2013, 09:03 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Congrats she is a cutie!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
August 24th, 2013, 08:32 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I glad you're happy with the experience! She's adorable! And I had red red hair when I was little but as a newborn it was that color.. Then it fell out and was red til I was like 3-4.. It could happen still
August 26th, 2013, 09:43 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's so cute! so so sorry you needed a c-section. It's a shame you didn't get more support in getting the baby to flip

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search