Miss Alayna

So This Is Love

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sharilyn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To So This Is Love LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 06:07 PM
Super Mommy
Miss Alayna's birth story

The evening was pretty much the same as any evening, with my mom and gramma there we played cards, at 10:30 we all decided to call it a night. I had STILL been having my normal Braxton hicks contractions and I had been sitting on the ball instead of a chair hoping to move her down since she was so high still. Anyways, I showered and informed dh that we would dtd (lol) poor guy! I had been dozing (it was 12:30am) but felt something strange, rolled out of bed and when my feet hit the floor I felt something run down my legs. I woke dh and said I think my water just broke- or giggling- I wet myself! It wasn't a large gush like I would have expected more a trickle... I showered again, called the midwife and told her what I thought, dressed and we headed to the hospital. It's a 25 min drive from our house and about half way there was when I had my first 'oi! This kinda hurts contraction'. We were in triage (1:30am) to be checked for water leakage- the nurse was pretty sure, and she said as much, that I had just wet myself and my contractions weren't registering on the machine much so she wasn't taking me very seriously. Plus we were still giggling and joking around... But she checked me and I was about 5.5cm. So she leaves to talk to midwife, a short time after she left my contractions were coming every couple minutes, and some were coming and not completely stoping before the next would start. I asked if I could be standing because laying was awful... She finally came back and let me know that my water HAD broken that they were going to take me to a labor and delivery room but I was to walk the halls. The room they were going to put me in wasn't ready so I ended up walking just a bit b/c the contractions were still coming so fast and strong. They asked me to go back to triage to have blood drawn and to start and IV. Well by the time I was back in that room there were barely a few seconds in between waves of pain and I suddenly needed to go to the bathroom. My midwife asked if I had to poo and I was like yes really bad! Which I think got her going! Lol she said she needed to check me first I was able to get in the bed and I was now 8-8.5 no one was really looking at the clock but we think this was 2:15-2:30. I couldn't move from where I was on my side by then and they decided to scrap the blood draw and the IV and they wheeled me down the hall to my room were I proceeded to be terribly sick! She checked me again now 9. But she said just to listen to my body, if I felt the need to push I could. When I did start pushing she check me again and I was just about 10. I didn't think I could do it! She said that's what everyone says when it's just about over... I think I pushed thru maybe 10 minutes of contractions- and she was out! It was crazy fast! Only 3 hours start to finish and I feel wonderful! Alayna is 8lbs 4.4oz 19 *3/4 inches and she has a full head of hair! It's about an inch long in the back. Shes nursing like a champ and I had no tearing, I have almost no bleeding, and no pain! *We are all so in love with this little girl

August 21st, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome story! Congratulations on your little girl!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

August 21st, 2013, 09:56 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Great birth story congrats on your new bundle!!!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
August 21st, 2013, 11:13 PM
Super Mommy
Good job mama!!! Congrats!
August 22nd, 2013, 07:31 AM
Mommy of 3
Congratulations!!

August 22nd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!

August 24th, 2013, 09:36 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Great story!
August 26th, 2013, 10:48 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!! what a BEAUTIFUL birth! So jealous <3 So happy for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search