Grayce Mae birth story!!!

So This Is Love

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By yvee80
  • 1 Post By TnPhotoMama81
  • 1 Post By MamaLaurie
  • 1 Post By mommy2lilmen
  • 1 Post By littlecatlady
  • 1 Post By TaraJo29
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By H_Hplus1
  • 1 Post By manda622
  • 1 Post By Anitha
  • 1 Post By jensma
  • 1 Post By kimberlyw
  • 1 Post By Husher

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To So This Is Love LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2013, 05:06 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It started on August 24 (on her due date) I just went to be around 11:30 pm and I felt a little wet and so I got up to go to the bathroom, and noticed I had very yellowy what I thought was more mucous plug or runny discharge. When I was done, I felt some trickle down my leg and I warned my husband that maybe my water was leaking. I went back into the bed and got up at midnight and it was gushing more this time clear. I stood up and it was just coming out. I told dh I was positive now.

I kind of panicked or maybe I was just excited, and called the hospital, they said come in and I rushed to finish packing my bags while trying not to leak all over the place. Dh was really pissing me off because he was VERY slowly walking around like he had nothing better to do. In hindsight, I should have eaten and relaxed for a while.

As we were walking up to the hospital, (I had a pad on) my water really gushed out!!! I stood there and told dh to hurry back to the car to get the towel I had been sitting on. I walked in the hospital holding the towel between my legs to check in. Embarrassing.

I was not having any contractions and I was beginning to get concerned about that. Got checked in, and they said I could walk, etc.. until 6:00 am at which time they would start Pitocin. I thought that was fair since it was 4 hours away and for sure I would be in labor by then. I walked and walked around the hospital, and squatted and sat on a ball for 4 hours!! Baby wasn't handling the small ctx. I was having, she was having decels in her heartrate and the nurse there was already talking about a c/s. Since I wasn't progressing, I got hooked up on the lowest dose of Pitocin (4)at 7am. they kept increasing and got regular, but I still wasn't breathing through them. They kept increasing Pitocin. by 4:00 pm I started to have strong painful contractions, The nurse did everything to help her move positions Contrax were 2-3 minutes apart. Surely something was happening. Still no change. Only at 4cm. I broke down badly. I had the urge to push, but she told me since I was only 4 cm not to push. I lost it and was screaming, moaning, crying and breathing through contractions all at the same time. I thought a c/s was a done deal and they were coming to do an epidural. I finally got some relief, but was very shaky and exhausted and still feeling a little pressure. Was very stressed about going through all that and still having to have a c/s. I finally got to a (stretched) 6 with the epidural, but by this point, I was so spent and couldn't do it anymore. Deep down, I was praying I would dilate so quickly and bam be ready to push. I think everyone else thought that too. They checked one more time and I had went back to a 5. They started prepping for c/s. I had two more hysterical crying sessions, but I was so mentally and physically exhausted and hungry I was finally ready. I was hooked up on Pitocin, IV drip an internal contraction monitor, a catheter and about 5 arm bands, later they put pressure things on my legs that went off constantly I was miserable.

It seemed to take forever to get in the room, and everything seemed to go okay at this point except right after dh came in and he said after they sliced me open my mind was telling me that my leg really really burned and I kept pleading with them to move my leg. They told me they were, but they weren't (dh said they couldn't) well, I panicked big time. I don't understand it. I begged to be knocked completely out. Apparently they put something in my IV and it helped me to bear it. It was really strange and one of the most difficult things to endure. The rest is a blur.

She arrived at 9:01 pm on the 25th. All I wanted to do was eat. But,I could only have ice chips for two hours. UGH.. about 2:00 in the a.m. DH got me a couple bites of pot roast and 1/2 a bun he saved me from dinner.

This is my first C-section and that is why it was so difficult. I didn't know what to expect and all I could think was after so much pain, etc.. I would still have to endure a c/s and the recovery.

Things have gotten better from there. I am now home and REALLY sore from the c/s, and know I have a few more days of pain, but SO excited to have my little girl. She is adorable and we love her. [/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by mirdeemrlvs; August 29th, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
August 27th, 2013, 05:54 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
You endured a lot!!! Glad it all worked out and your little lady is here now !
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
August 27th, 2013, 08:11 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
She is beautiful!!!!!

I am so sorry you had to go through so much only to end up in a c section on top of it. I know how hard that is

*hugs* I hope you recover asap. Thanks for sharing your story and the pics
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 27th, 2013, 08:46 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
She's beautiful! Hope you have a speedy recovery!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
August 27th, 2013, 09:14 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
beautiful.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

August 27th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Veteran
She's beautiful! I hope you recover quickly
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
August 28th, 2013, 12:46 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had a rough time, but I'm sure you're glad it's over! She's precious!!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

[/url]

August 28th, 2013, 02:36 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did they ever find out why she was having decels? So sorry her birth was so traumatic but so glad she is here. Praying for a speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

August 28th, 2013, 03:11 AM
H_Hplus1's Avatar Supermom to 6
Sorry your birth experience wasn't what you had hoped for. Glad though that it all turned out ok and that you're home with your beautiful baby girl Pray that you recover well. Congratulations!!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

Jace Allan 7 lb 3 oz, 20 1/2 "

My other beautiful children and precious baby Grandson!!
August 28th, 2013, 06:08 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
She is gorgeous! Absolutely adorable. I am soooo sorry you had to go through all of that only to end up with a c/s in the end. That's like my biggest worry. I've had quite a few friends go through similar. Not fun. But, I'm glad you have your baby girl and that you are both doing well now. Praying for a quick and easy recovery for you!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

August 28th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a rough time you've had (hug) Glad the recovery is going smooth though! You baby girl is adorable!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

August 28th, 2013, 11:05 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
wow, that is exhausting just to read!! She is precious and in the end no matter how they get here they're so worth it. Congrats!!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 28th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that you had such a bad experience, but she is completely beautiful and precious!! Congratulations!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
September 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry about the c-section. Sounds like they jumped the gun and gave you one you didn't really need. I hope you are healing well and most importantly, she got here safely Congrats!
October 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Huge hugs! I'm sure you're feeling much better now, but that couldn't have been easy. Congrats on your little girl!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 3rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I'm so sorry about the c-section. Sounds like they jumped the gun and gave you one you didn't really need. I hope you are healing well and most importantly, she got here safely Congrats!
actually no. quite the opposite. I was in labor for like 16 hours because I had 4 previous vaginal births and regular, strong ctx's, no one could understand why she wasn't coming out. She was really curled up at the bottom of my belly with her held tilted. She also had the cord wrapped around her neck. She wouldn't have come out on her own.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search