Ava Lauryn's Birth Story

So This Is Love

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yvee80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To So This Is Love LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 07:06 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I figured it was about time for me to take some time and post her birth story. Most of you all already know I was late and was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready to have my sweetie pie and the last two weeks just took its toll on me emotionally. I finally just said she will come when she is ready and I need to not le this consume me (easier said than done) my cousin was getting married 0on august 31st and we had a lot of family coming into town so I decided to just enjoy my family while they were here and that was that....oh yea the weekend of the 24th I tried to pole dance Ava out lol (shows how desperate I was to have her)...well I hung out with family having fun on the days leading up to the wedding (dinners, shopping etc..) the day of the wedding came and I was still pregnant, I got all dolled up and said I am going to enjoy myself at this wedding eat some good food, take some pics, have some cake and take pics of my beautiful daughter she was a bridesmaid (everyone looked gorgeous). It was a candlelight ceremony so everything started later in the evening....as the night went on I danced, danced, and danced I think I was on the dance floor more than anyone...and when the "Wobble" song came on Ava and mommy wore the dance floor out !!! Everyone kept saying OMG she is so pregnant and she just keeps dancing...that's right I love to dance! Well we got home from the wedding around midnight I stayed up until about 1:30 after I showered and stuff then fell asleep...around 3:30 or 4am in the morning I woke up because I was feeling discomfort so I started to time this discomfort (contractions) to see how long they were and if they would stop I timed them for about 20 minutes and then got into the bath (so relaxing) and just breathed through the contractions ( I was very calm and that helped so much). I labored in the tub for about an hour before I woke DH up (that took about 15 minutes he was in a DEEP sleep) and DD up...I made sure I checked my bag and took out a few things and added a few things, I got dressed and told me Aunt who was staying with me for the wedding that we were off to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 5:15 they put me in a room and came in to monitor me and check me...when they checked me at 5:30 I was 5-5.5 cm so she said we are having a baby today I was relieved but was having major back labor and it was killing me since my back is already bad!!!!!! DH was rubbing my back through each contraction which helped but I was getting exhausted because I had not been sleeping well anyway most nights getting 3 hours of sleep if that! I asked about an epidural even though I really didn't want one at all but I knew that I was going to have to push the baby out and I was so scared that if I did not get at least a few hours of sleeps I was going to be too exhausted to do that! I had to wait until I got a full bag of fluids and my blood work was done before I could get an epidural and I got it at 7 cm (it was around 9:30 now) and they broke my bag of water at that time as well (this labor was almost identical to my first down to the when I got the epidural and everything except this time it actually worked)!!! I fell asleep for about 1.5 hours and they checked me again and I was at 9 but she said I was so stretchy I could be at 9.5...she went and informed the doctor...she checked me again and I hadn't changed so I turned on my side a bit and waited another 30 minutes to get checked again and I was at 10!! YAY the nurse had me push a few times just to see how she would progress and in 4 pushes her head was right there, she had me push one more time and her head crowned and when I stopped pushing it stayed right there in place (she wanted to see if it would go back up a little because sometimes it does but Ava's didn't and she said oh year 1 more push and she will be out...the doctor came in I pushed one more time Ava came out crying and they placed her on my chest...I was in awe at my little girl and since I was so calm this time I was able to take everything in (my Aiyana was in there with me which made me so happy), DH was in awe as well since he has never seen any of his kids being born, my mom was there everyone was so excited!!! Then they weighed her and was so shocked that she was 9 pounds and 5 ounces of pure perfection we were all SHOCKED!!!!

Ava Lauryn was born at 11:36 am on September 1st, 2013 9 pounds 5 ounces 19.5 inches long...I love my sweet girl so much!!! My daughter Aiyana made sure she told me Ava was supposed to come on this day mommy she has her birthday on the first of her birth month just like me (Aiyana is June 1st and Ava is September 1st)
Husher likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
September 26th, 2013, 05:25 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your birth!! I love hearing about women going into labor on their own. So exciting!
October 15th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Aww! Love it! You can always tell her you danced right up to her birth later. So sweet!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 16th, 2013, 08:30 PM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
Congrats!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search