Scary upsetting day!

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shell1981

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, today was a hard one!

I got up early to take another test because I wanted to make my first midwife call today. So I used a ClearBlue test and it came up completely BFN. Needless to say I started to cry and DH was really sad.... I said no way, and I got up and used a FRER. It had a positive line on it.

So then I wasn't sure what to think! All day I've felt fine and I've looked around and posted here on the TTC board and everyone says the same: positive is positive, and home tests don't tell you how pregnant you are, just that you are.

I called the midwife and they booked me for June 19! Which is really far away. She said that four positive tests outweigh my one negative and it was probably faulty. She said to go ahead and call my family dr... He can do bloodwork and she can get it from him. My family dr has two appointments available in the next two weeks and after that he is on vacation for three weeks! Which means I can't even get my pregnancy confirmed until I'm nine weeks along?

Then the receptionist had the nerve to ask me not to go to a clinic in the city because my dr wouldn't get billed for it!!

I called the nearest clinic and I am going to go there either after work tomorrow or the next day. They said they could send my bloodwork to my midwife if I signed to have it released.

Phew!

I always seem to have doctor drama and I'm thinking its time for a change!

Has anyone else had a dr appointment yet? Blood work or midwife visit?
May 27th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm in the UK so we don't see the midwife until 6 weeks. She just does a urine test and the books an appointment for 12 week scan and blood work. So from 6-12 weeks we don't see anyone. Then from 12-16 weeks we don't see anyone again!
I think if you aren't happy with your doctor then maybe see if you can get another.

My kindle posted my post before I was done! I'm sorry you had a scary day. Early pregnancy is so up and down. I'm checking the toilet paper to make sure af doesn't start. I can't wait until these first 12 weeks are done. Then we can all relax!

[/url]

Last edited by shell1981; May 27th, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
May 27th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way... I just want these next weeks to be done with so I can breathe a sigh of relief.

I told dh tonight that we are officially half way through the fourth week... So almost at week five.

I'm going to go to a walk in clinic tomorrow or the next day to get a blood draw. Do they do that in the UK? I'm wondering if it is a North American thing to be obsessed with betas and HCG tests. I'm trying to just trust the process but its hard! LOL.
May 28th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
They don't do any betas over here. I'm not sure if people who have had lots of miscarriages or something they might. They just say if you miscarry there's nothing they can do to stop it so I suppose they see betas as an unnecessary expense.
I going to take a bother test today to see if my line's getting darker! Lol
AnnaBonana likes this.

[/url]
May 28th, 2013, 07:10 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry that is upsetting my I also agree the one negative and the rest positive the negative could have been a faulty one

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

May 28th, 2013, 09:13 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
it probably was a faulty test with 4 positives on others...try not to worry!! I know easier said than done right!?
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

May 28th, 2013, 08:14 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for your bad day. I'm sure that negative was wrong. I can't see several test detecting the hcg hormone if it wasn't really there. It's more likely that one test was faulty. I'm pretty paranoid now also. I check the tissue every time I go to the bathroom. it's so nerve wrecking.

May 29th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well now I'm more upset. I'm not sure what to do. My own doctor can't see me for seven weeks but he did send in a requisition for blood work to be done. But what's the use of having the bloodwork done if no one can talk to you about the results?

Then last night and this morning I had bleeding and heavy cramps. Last night was still classified as spotting but this morning was like a light period. I'm back to spotting now.

So I called my gynecologist to see if she could do a bloodwork and tell me if it is going up or down or what. They can't book me till Monday.

Last night I just laid down and cried and cried. This morning as well. I hate the medics system in this country. DH and I could afford to have the simple blood work done but you aren't allowed to go somewhere and pay for it. You have to wait for an appointment with your doctor and you are at the complete mercy of them.

I feel wretched and I still have to wait five more days to see someone who I already know is condescending and not very sympathetic. That's why I didn't call her in the first place.

Sorry for being such a downer if you've been able to read this far!
May 29th, 2013, 09:45 AM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh hun I am so sorry for what your going through. I know this is so stressful for you. I really hope things work out and your little bean is ok. I always have the option to go to an urgent care center and get blood work done and the results back within about an hour. My docs office is really good at just calling in my blood work and I can run get it done. Even the nurse is available to give me the results over the phone. It's a pretty simple process. Where are you located?

June 5th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Six in the City
I am so sorry!! I am sure the negative digi was wrong because I had that happen to me now twice!!! I took a clearblue and frer digi and both said negative. But ALL of my regular tests (8 of them) and my blood test say I'm pregnant.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
June 5th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear digitals aren't as sensitive to hcg as regular dye tests. I also hear ClearBlue tests of either kind aren't very sensitive, so your numbers may not be high enough for that to pick up. Praying for you!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search