Have you bought anything for you or baby yet??

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By amazing_love
  • 2 Post By silleme
  • 1 Post By BBKT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran
So I know it's still early but have you bought anything for you or baby yet?

I bought a little white bunny that has a silky blanket attached to it. I wrapped it up with the test for my husband and that's how I plan to reveal the big news to him. And today I found a pair of maternity capris for 60% off and they were just my size so I had to get them. :-) Since we have absolutely nothing (donated everything from the first two last month...just our luck!) I figured I'll buy a little here and there so I'm not spending a fortune all at once.
June 17th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not yet! Once I make sure this is a sticky baby, I'll get some kind of a lovey for it.

June 17th, 2013, 02:03 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Not yet. We won't be buying anything for a while, we don't need much. We are making a list of what we need and setting up our baby budget account this week. We may be waiting till we have like a month left of pregnancy and buy everything then.
June 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
I was at FAO Schwarz - the famous toy store - in NYC this weekend - so hard not to buy the little bean a silk blanket. DH was dragging me out of there so I wouldn't buy something lol.
June 17th, 2013, 02:38 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not yet. I doubt I will buy anything until we find out the gender. I have 2 boys so I already have alot of boy stuff and don't need much but if this is a girl, we will need alot.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 17th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Back in February I bought 2 maternity shirts (I was pregnant at the time and thought I'd need them sooner than now!). They were mismarked in price so I got a super cheap deal and decided to keep them. But nothing since finding out this time.

June 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Veteran
Nothing yet! I had just gotten rid of almost all of my maternity tops a few months ago so I will need a few summer ones and then I will need winter since I have never been pregnant in the winter.
As for baby clothes. 2 days before I got my BFP I have my sister ALL of my girl clothes through 6 months and some baby gear. So, when I tell her I am pregnant (not sure when that will be), I am going to ask her if I have another girl if I can have it when she her baby is done with them. I am hoping for a boy but I know it will be a girl.

Christy~Mom to Hailey 11-12-04, Julie 9-10-09 and Collin 1-22-14

June 17th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought a maternity jacket for winter. Alex was due in November and by then none of my coats fitted and I was freezing!

[/url]
June 17th, 2013, 04:40 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope nothing for the baby. The only thing i've bought for myself is preggie pops. Money is and will continue to be really tight so we need to do our best to only buy necessities this time.
Jibby likes this.

June 17th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Veteran
I guess I can go ahead and add 27 cloth diapers with inserts to the list. Our Target had them for 50% off and I couldn't pass them up. They are gender neutral and if (GOD FORBID) something happened to the baby I have 120 days to return them. I hate to even think about that. I'm praying everything is just fine with baby and I'll be getting great use out of these for the next two years.
jkbaxter612 and MummytoB like this.
June 17th, 2013, 05:22 PM
sammyjo83's Avatar Super Mommy
Nothing yet. But we will have to sooner or later because I just got rid of my baby stuff.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 17th, 2013, 09:52 PM
BBKT's Avatar Veteran
Soooooo.... I'm a freak. Let me explain- hubby is in the military and we don't live close to any family or old friends. We have a few friends here, but we don't expect much in the way of a baby shower. So I've been slowly buying things over the last several years. Maybe one or two things a month when I find a really good deal and with extra money I've stashed away. We now have almost everything we will need and a whole room dedicated to baby stuff. The only things we haven't bought a lot of are baby clothes and a travel system. Most things are gender neutral animal and jungle themed. I expect our families will send us clothes and gift cards, and we are hoping our parents will get us a travel system.

So yeah... I'm weirdly obsessive like that.
Jibby likes this.

7/2013
June 17th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a maternity maxi dress from Target before I found out I was preg with the intention of wearing it while not pregnant....LOL. I'm not a big girl but it has perfect straps for bras and is flowy and awesome! Its hot in AZ for a long time so I'm sure Ill get to wear it while showing x-D

June 18th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought 2 nursing sleep bras, but I won't be buying anything for baby unless its a boy, then we will need some clothes.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search