Morning sickness

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 04:45 AM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
Ill be 5 weeks tomorrow and it hit me full on this morning. I'm barely functioning right now I haven't thrown up yet but I sure feel like I could at any moment. I have a headache, stomachache. Feel a little dizzy / light headed. Is it normal to have it this early? I didn't have any symptoms with my BO so I feel like this is good lol I also had no symptoms with my son.

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
June 21st, 2013, 07:19 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 6w2d and fortunate enough to not have morning sickness (yet lol). But from symptoms I've read other people have you're not alone!

expecting identical twin girls!!
June 21st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Veteran
I never had it with my previous pregnancy but yesterday I felt nauseous and light headed. Ughhhhh. Iwas hoping to avoid it again. We'll see!
June 21st, 2013, 08:12 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had it for the first fourteen weeks with my daughter (bleh!) and just for four with my son. With my son, I was prescribed Zofran and it constipated me like crazy but it helped! I've got a bottle of Zofran in my car now, but I haven't taken it yet. I'm just getting over (Or finishing, whatever you call it) the stomach flu and that has been BRUTAL!!

But, I don't think it's too early for you to have sickness. Remember, chant that nausea is a good thing, nausea is a good thing...

June 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was super sick early on and stayed that way until 20 something weeks with DD. I ended up going to my dr begging for some anti nausea prescription and he gave me zofran. That stuff made me able to eat. With this one, I'm slightly queasy all the time, with moments of running to the toilet thinking I'm gonna puke but the feeling of immediate puking fades, but the nausea doesn't until I force myself to nibble some dry cereal or something.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

June 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM
Amazing Mommy
With DS I didn't have morning sickness but I'd get episodes of feeling light headed/dizzy and I even had to sit down in the middle of the grocery store floor once before I passed out.

So far, I haven't had morning sickness this go 'round. Just a little touch of nausea and gagging here and there. I'm hoping to avoid morning sickness like I did with DS.
June 21st, 2013, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Highly recommend B6 and half a unisom. I also have a friend that swears by wearing those motion sickness bands on your wrists. Could also try preggie pops, you can find them at Target, Babies R'Us, and Motherhood Maternity.

June 21st, 2013, 10:42 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know this was discussed on a different board at some point - a pregnant friend of mine mentioned that Preggie Pops worked for her morning sickness and other ladies here commented that they worked for them as well.
Good luck!

expecting identical twin girls!!
June 21st, 2013, 12:22 PM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
I got sea bands and they helped sooooo much! I haven't taken them off. Just yesterday I told my boss "I haven't felt anything really" lol

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
June 21st, 2013, 12:45 PM
Veteran
I've felt like I have had a stomach bug all week long so totally normal, it seems to me the more pregnancies I have the more I get the morning sickness/nausea early on
Ectopic Pregnancy (shot) 7/6/13
HSG test shows perfect/clear tubes
TTC #3
Prayers for no more ectopics!
June 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM
I don't think 5 weeks is too early... everyone's body is different. Mine has started at 6 weeks on the dot with both this pregnancy and my last. I'm hoping this time it doesn't get as bad, but I'm definitely feelin it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search