I'm new and so very scared to join...

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cyn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM
Super Mommy
A little about me...(Ok alot!)

Hi I'm Cyn. I'm 35, my dh is 36, and my son is 7. I have only ever been a lurker on these boards. I followed many of the TTC boards and when I finally became pregnant I switched to following what would have been my due date club. Throughout my son's entire pregnancy I was to afraid to join, so I just read all of the soon to be Mommy's posts.

That was 8 years ago. It It took us 16 month's to conceive our son and he just turned 7. We then got pregnant 7 months after he was born and unfortunately we miscarried at 9 weeks. We were devastated. We have been trying unsuccessfully ever since. We suffer from male factor infertility and I just recently discovered I have a diminished ovarian reserve. My dh had variocele surgery and I have had 2 HSG's, 4 failed IUI's and two additional cycles of just clomid.

Secondary infertility has been very, very difficult. We were finally able to try our first IVF cycle and believe it or not(and we still can't) I'M PREGNANT! We are so scared to believe this could work. We are terrified we are going to miscarry again. I want to so badly be a part of one of these due date clubs officially, but yet I'm terrified of jinxing things.

We POAS 13 times from 11dpo-14dpo and all were POSITIVE and progressively got darker, although we were so scared they were only positive bc of the 2 ovidrel shots I had taken to induce ovulation.

On Monday, June 17 (14dpo) I got my first beta and it was 150! Officially pregnant! Yesterday at 17dpo I had my 2nd beta and it was 622. According to everything I've read things are progressing normally, but my dh and I can't seem to believe it or seem to get excited until we get our first ultrasound scan somewhere in the 6 week mark. Maybe once we see a gestational sac measuring normally and a fetal pole and heartbeat things will become real. Until then I just keep hoping and praying...

Officially I am 4 weeks, 4 days pregnant and my due date is Feb. 24. I'm scared, but very excited to join all of you on this journey.

So hello and thank you for reading my very long story.

Cyn
jkbaxter612 likes this.
June 21st, 2013, 07:19 PM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
Welcome Cyn! I am the reverse of you. I suffered primary infertility. I also have a 7 year old who is the result of fertility treatments. It was initially a twin pregnancy. I had a miscarriage before conceiving him. I then went on to have 2 natural pregnancies. I also have a 5 and 2 year old. We conceived last spring but had a miscarriage and here I am now. My edd is a day before yours. Hugs. I still am kind of in disbelief also.
June 21st, 2013, 07:42 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you Talscot! It is so exciting to finally be posting. How wonderful that you were able to go on have two natural pregnancies and are now pregnant again! I always wanted a big family. My dream was always to have 6! At this point I don't know that there is enough time left for that, but I will be extremely happy to finally give my son a sibling. That's exciting that our due dates are so close together. Thank you so much for the welcome!
June 21st, 2013, 07:46 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so hopeful for you!!! Glad you are here an congrats!!

June 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there!!
I'm also a sufferer of secondary infertility. It's NOT an easy road. I'm sorry you had to do all of that, and I'm hoping that everything is perfect from now on!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
June 21st, 2013, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
June 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM
You are not alone in being scared! But I'm glad you're here. Thanks for sharing, and best of luck to you! How many embryos did you have transferred? Is there a possibility you could have multiples?? To of my dearest friends had twins using IVF.
June 21st, 2013, 10:33 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you all for the warm welcome. It really means so much. I really can't believe I never joined before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avia24 View Post
You are not alone in being scared! But I'm glad you're here. Thanks for sharing, and best of luck to you! How many embryos did you have transferred? Is there a possibility you could have multiples?? To of my dearest friends had twins using IVF.
We transferred two embryos and would LOVE twins, but I have a feeling only one stuck. My 1st beta was 150 and my 2nd was 622, 3 days later. I think my hcg numbers would be higher if it were twins. We will feel truly blessed with however many God blesses us with. Thanks for asking.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search