I am THANKFUL to be pregnant....

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Jibby
  • 1 Post By SuperMartianRobotMom6

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just would like an hour or two a day where I dont feel ready to vomit. Just ONE HOUR.

Second trimester cant come fast enough!!
acchickpea and marie1990 like this.

June 26th, 2013, 02:47 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Not to worry you, but my symptoms got worse in the 2nd trimester. Espically the morning sickness. It sucked!!!
marie1990 likes this.

June 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah morning sickness doesnt allways stop by 2nd tri in fact with my first i didnt get morning sickness untill the 2nd trimester.........but I do hope it brings you some relief. have you tried popsicles and sucking on hard candy? hard candy helped with connor sour wowser bomb pops seem to be the ticket for the last 2 days.

June 26th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I DONT NEED TO HEAR THAT. Lol

And yes...Im doing everything I can...preggie pops, ginger, carbs and protein in differing amounts, chewing tums, eatig every 2 hours, pressure points....

June 26th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine didnt go away after hitting the second trimester with my first. It didnt go away until closer to the third trimester. Bad morning sickness runs in the family. I lived on Popsicles and ice cold Gatorade.

I ended up begging for a prescription so I could finally eat. I started taking zofran and didnt stop it until well into the second trimester. It was wonderful stuff. If I get bad this time, I'll be taking it again. If managing morning sickness with certain foods isn't working, consider a prescription.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

June 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Will they give it to you if you are not vomiting? I dont thow up...just insane nausea.

June 26th, 2013, 03:41 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I have really bad nausea with no vomiting this time again. With my first I had really bad nausea and nothing helped, I even had some prescription nausea meds left over from before I was pregnant, I took that and that didn't even work. I tried so many things and nothing helped. Luckily but 10 weeks it completely went away and I felt great the entire rest of the pregnant. I'm hoping for the same thing this time. It really does suck feeling like you have to throw up all day long. My dr won't prescribe anything unless I'm throwing up but all drs are different and it wouldn't hurt to ask
June 26th, 2013, 04:15 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Drinking milk helps me. Like not a whole glass just like 1/4 glass 3 or 4 times a day.

June 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Nerd
I went to the doctor today and got a RX for Zofran. I haven't been throwing up a whole lot, but the nausea was interfering with my ability to get things like school and work done.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
June 26th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Tiggerlb's Avatar Veteran
Hope it goes away soon. But on a + side at least you are not throwin up.

June 26th, 2013, 06:19 PM
akd616's Avatar Super Mommy
The only thing that helps me a little is the Unisom and b6 pill cocktail. Mostly its just a grit your teeth and bear it thing which sucks.
June 26th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Veteran
I hear you on the nausea. I had it bad with my first and it did go away 2nd trimester. Not at 12 weeks but closer to 14 weeks. No nausea with my 2nd but this time I feel like I have am car sick constant and it gets old. Going out in this heat really STINKS too and makes it worse. Does the heat make it worse for you?

Christy~Mom to Hailey 11-12-04, Julie 9-10-09 and Collin 1-22-14

June 26th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Yes...the heat is NOT helping. 118 this weekend....Lord help us!

June 26th, 2013, 10:50 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry! My nausea stopped at the beginning of the 2nd trimester with both of my others so while that's not always the case, it does usually let up. I typically only hear of getting meds in extreme cases. Personally i wouldn't consider it unless i was vomitting but i try to avoid meds whenever possible.

I'm so not looking forward to this!

June 27th, 2013, 12:07 AM
I had morning sickness in my 1st AND 2nd trimester with my first child... it was so bad that I went from 150lbs to 125lbs from the time i was 5 wks pregnant to 14 wks pregnant!!... but as of now, 5 wks and 4 days, i haven't had any.. just some nausea after taking vitamins... (knock on wood!) but hang in there mama!!! hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones and it subsides quickly!!
June 27th, 2013, 07:04 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that's funny... I read somewhere that the 2nd trimester was like a babymoon... you feel good at that stage... BUT... all pregnancies are different...
Hope you get past it so that you can be thankful to be pregnant!
June 27th, 2013, 07:30 AM
I'm gaining fat because I'm eating ALL DAY. Ive tried tiny snacks and no actual meals and that was bad..so I eat meals but if they aren't big enough I feel awful. I'm a trauma therapist....I missed like half of someones sex abuse story the other day because I was focusing on not getting sick (I had watery mouth and my tummy was heaving..) My boss keeps giving me these really stressful cases to work with but I feel so awful and I don't want to tell my job yet. This is making functioning at work next to impossible. I don't know what to do....all I want is to lay in bed 24/7.

June 27th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Nerd
Zofran. Can you call an OB to get a RX?

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
June 27th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I'm going to doc tomorrow morning...I'm going to bring it up for sure.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search