Appt Update/Sono

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Veteran
My sono went good and I got to see our little beans heart flickering away!!!! This sono my Dr. said was "unofficial", at least for the insurance. I still don't have a good due date b/c he just used his little sono machine in their office. On July 8th I will go down to the big machines and they will be able to get a good CRL. Since my OB does not deliver anymore I can't see him anymore with this pregnancy (technically the past 3 visits were not OB visits but I wanted to stay with him until we knew this pregnancy was going). He told me who is his group my personality would "fit" best with, so that is who I made my 1st official OB appt with. He told me to go see the new Dr. in 1-2 weeks so I am going back on July 8th. I decided that day b/c my oldest will be in day camp and I only have to take the little one with me. They said that appt will be long and I will have the complete OB work-up then. The plus side is I will get another sono that day they said! I feel so relieved but we are still not ready to announce. Not sure when we will. We are really worried about my SIL finding out and hurting her. She has a miscarriage early May and we are hoping that if we wait she will get pregnant with a sticky bean too. Do you guys think we are doing the right thing by not telling her yet? (actually we have not told anyone). We are so afraid of breaking her heart.

Christy~Mom to Hailey 11-12-04, Julie 9-10-09 and Collin 1-22-14

June 26th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Nerd
Congrats on another good appointment! Hopefully your first appointment with the OB who may deliver you will help ease your worries. I don't have any experience with getting pregnant after someone close to me has had a miscarriage.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
June 26th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Super Mommy
What a wonderful appt. you had!!! So, so happy for you! And I think you are being very, very considerate. When you do decide to announce maybe you could email her or send her a card first, just so that she has time to sort through her emotions before she has to come up with a response. I know I would appreciate that. Good luck, any way you decide to do it will be hard, but ultimately she will be happy for you. <3

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)

June 26th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
What a wonderful appt. you had!!! So, so happy for you! And I think you are being very, very considerate. When you do decide to announce maybe you could email her or send her a card first, just so that she has time to sort through her emotions before she has to come up with a response. I know I would appreciate that. Good luck, any way you decide to do it will be hard, but ultimately she will be happy for you. <3
That is a great idea! Thank you for the tip. I am praying she ends up pregnant with a sticky bean before we have to announce anything that way some of the pain she has been in might be replaced with excitment of her baby coming. Plus I would love another neice/nephew. My sister is 26 weeks pregnant with her first. It took her 4 years to conceive but I think she will take it well since she has her baby coming. I think it would have been hard for her too if she was not expecting.

June 26th, 2013, 05:52 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that's a great idea too. It's very sweet that you care so much. That alone will mean a lot to her.

And awesome on the heartbeat!!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
June 26th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Super Mommy
Dealing with secondary infertility was very, very difficult and although I love my friends and family with every shred of my being, dealing with every pregnancy announcement and birth was very difficult. It was worse too after we miscarried. Don't get me wrong, ultimately I was always thrilled for whoever was doing the announcing, my sisters and best friends included, it was just very hard initially. Oh how I wished at times I could have been 'warned', so that when I saw the happy couple in person I had already worked through my emotions and only presented them with the love and joy they deserved. Like I said before, it will be tough for her no matter what, but I think she will love and be so thankful to you for your consideration. You are already showing how great of a person you are by worrying! Again congrats on such a great appt!!!

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)

June 26th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Veteran
Yay!!!! That is so awesome
June 26th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Great news! I have to wait 3 weeks to seem my baby's heartbeat

No experience with a friend miscarrying before I got pregnant but I do think it's right to not share the news just yet. Hopefully she gets pregnant again but even if she doesn't, you can't wait forever. I would tell her first though when you are ready, so she doesn't hear it second hand from someone else you told first.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
June 26th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
Dealing with secondary infertility was very, very difficult and although I love my friends and family with every shred of my being, dealing with every pregnancy announcement and birth was very difficult. It was worse too after we miscarried. Don't get me wrong, ultimately I was always thrilled for whoever was doing the announcing, my sisters and best friends included, it was just very hard initially. Oh how I wished at times I could have been 'warned', so that when I saw the happy couple in person I had already worked through my emotions and only presented them with the love and joy they deserved. Like I said before, it will be tough for her no matter what, but I think she will love and be so thankful to you for your consideration. You are already showing how great of a person you are by worrying! Again congrats on such a great appt!!!

Luckily we don't live in the same town so hopefully dh will call and tell his sister and then that gives her time to grieve/process everything before we see them. I am just so worried how she will handle this. She is just such a sweet person. Tonight we noticed a package on our doorstep. She sent my oldest a poster that she wanted for no reason. My oldest recently spent a week with her grandparents and my SIL (Hailey's aunt) came up to visit. Her mom was cleaning out her closet since she is marr ied and does not live there and told her to take a bunch of stuff or chunk it. My dd was with her Aunt going through everything and my dd really wanted this space poster of hers that had pluto on it. SIL wanted to keep it. Long story my dd was heartbroken and so her aunt just ordered her one and had it sent to my house. She is such a sweet person.......I am just praying her next little bean sticks! I keep hoping maybe she is pregnant right now too and just not announcing. Please let that be the case.

June 26th, 2013, 09:42 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off YAY for seeing a heart beat!!! I hope you love your new doc as much as your old one. That is always difficult having to switch.

I don't think you are wrong for being sensitive about the subject but i also wouldn't wait soley for that reason once you guys are ready to announce. Especially considering even if she does get pregnant again soon, are you sure she'll announce quickly since she just had a m/c? I am nervous to tell a couple of people for similar reasons. A friend has dealt with secondary infertility so i really don't want to tell her until i have to and, like you, i'm hoping she'll get pregnant prior. DH has a friend/co-worker who has been unable to have children so he wants to wait awhile as well. We will still tell others but try to hold out a bit longer for them. Of course this isn't always possible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search