I don't know if I'm staying or going. 2nd Ultrasound today.

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 02:20 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I had my first ultrasound last Tuesday (one week ago today). They found one gestational sac with TWO yolk sacs but only one heartbeat. One yolk sac was "larger than they'd like" & I was measuring behind. The doc scheduled me for another follow-up ultrasound for one week from then with two bloodwork appointments in between. They took blood Tuesday. They took blood Friday. Now I get to today... First I go into the ultrasound room and we find that babyA is no longer there. BabyB *is* there but has barely grown. He went from 0.204cm to 0.318cm AND there *is* still a heartbeat. (the ultrasound tech wasn't sure at first so we listened to both of ours at the same time.. mine was 71 and the baby's was 87) The doctor said there is no way this baby is as old as we think he is based on LMP (he says it's only 6 weeks.. but that's practically impossible) so he pushed my date to March 5th now *IF* the baby hangs on. He said that maybe the baby is as old as we think he is and it's just not growing properly. WHO KNOWS. He says he wants me to come back in for an ultrasound in TWO weeks. He said by then we'll know for sure. ..& if I start bleeding before then to call him. :/

When we finally got to the bloodwork... it was even more confusing. Tuesday's count: 33,850..... Friday's count: 33,850!! ..say WHAT?! He said that in all honesty he thought it was going to read 27,000 Friday (based on the large yolk sac.. I think it was 5mm?) and would slowly go down from there as I lost both babies. But it didn't. It didn't go up either. ??? I asked if it could be due to losing the one and having to adjust my hormones to one now. He said "I've seen weirder things when we lose a twin.. We just don't know. We'll just have to wait and see." He was like "up or down... that's what I expected.. not the same." Great. I wait in limbo ..again.. *sigh*

Any words of wisdom ladies? ♥

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

July 9th, 2013, 02:26 PM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
I had a pregnancy where I lost a twin. I was farther along then you are. It is really hard to say at this poing. Sending many prayers for you.
July 9th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what to say. I wish I had words of wisdom but I don't. I hate that you are still in limbo not knowing what to think or feel. I will pray and hope for good news when you go back. Can't you ask your doctor if you can go back next week? 2 weeks is an awfully long time!

[/url]
July 9th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks girls I asked that actually. He said if we scheduled it for 2 weeks instead of just one week again then we would really know our answer for sure. ...then when I went to the reception area she took a phone call and told the person "the doctor's not in the office next week" sooo .. there ya go. *smacks head*

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

July 9th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Veteran
I wish that you didn't have to wait twin weeks . I'm sorry that you are having to be in limbo again
July 9th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry

July 9th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Veteran
I am so sorry you have to wait 2 weeks. I will be praying for you other twin to hold on. Hang in there. ((((((BIG HUGS))))))

Christy~Mom to Hailey 11-12-04, Julie 9-10-09 and Collin 1-22-14

July 9th, 2013, 03:13 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you didn't get any real answers. That is so hard. Waiting 2 weeks sucks but hopefully you'll get good news at that time. There is an end to this confusion and you will get your answer soon, keep reminding yourself of that. *HUGS*

July 9th, 2013, 03:50 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I'm sorry you're going through all this. I hope your next appointment brings so good news.

July 9th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Limbo sucks. I'm sorry.

*Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!
July 9th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, it's going to be a hard 2 week wait Sending some grow baby grow vibes your way!
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

July 9th, 2013, 05:46 PM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry you're having to wait this out. I can't imagine :/

July 9th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_love View Post
I'm sorry you didn't get any real answers. That is so hard. Waiting 2 weeks sucks but hopefully you'll get good news at that time. There is an end to this confusion and you will get your answer soon, keep reminding yourself of that. *HUGS*
This exactly echos my feelings.I just wanted to add that you will definitely be in my prayers. Try to stay strong and busy to pass the time. (((Hugs)))

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)

July 9th, 2013, 06:02 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry!! I think waiting is the hardest thing. With my loss we had to wait through 22 days and two ultrasounds before we knew anything for sure. It was torture.
Please know we are here for you and thinking of you.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
July 9th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so very sorry. I'll be praying for you!

Thank you, Peimum for my beautiful siggie!

2/13/11 12/1/12

July 9th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was a twin, we went in and saw two beautiful healthy heartbeats, and 2 weeks later baby B no longer had one. My Dr told me that I couldn't do blood work during the first trimester because it would be completely inaccurate due to having the twins. We didn't have much hope for baby A because she was measuring behind, but here she is today a totally healthy 2 year old. I'll say a little prayer for your baby, and hope you get good news at your next appointment.
mBABYe likes this.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
July 10th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB View Post
My daughter was a twin, we went in and saw two beautiful healthy heartbeats, and 2 weeks later baby B no longer had one. My Dr told me that I couldn't do blood work during the first trimester because it would be completely inaccurate due to having the twins. We didn't have much hope for baby A because she was measuring behind, but here she is today a totally healthy 2 year old. I'll say a little prayer for your baby, and hope you get good news at your next appointment.

Ahhhhhh! That's gives me a small sense of relief! Thanks!

Just curious.. Did she ever catch up to the "right" size or did they adjust your due date?

July 10th, 2013, 09:04 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No words of wisdom just praying that your little one keeps growing and that heart keeps beating. i know the next 2 weeks will not be alot of fun. Hopefully it goes by fast.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 10th, 2013, 10:04 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Hoping you get some comfort in these next waiting weeks followed by good news. I thought I was further along than my last us showed. I didn't account for days it can take to implant ... <3
mBABYe likes this.
July 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Veteran
Being inlimbo with no solid answer must really stink. I am so so so sorry for that and praying for good news soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search