So when I can stop worrying?

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By victoria0294
  • 7 Post By SmilingSam
  • 1 Post By lovemyleah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did this before my first OB apnt a few weeks back too...Im going back on Tues for one more US before I travel. I will be 9 weeks and a day so it should be a MUCH more interesting picture this time!

But just like last time all I can think is "there will be no baby."

I have no reason to think this. I have my pregnancy symptoms (though again it seems my nausea is being kinder to me, except for the 3 hours I lay awake feeling so sick last night. And right now as I type this. And last night when looking at chicken made me sick ) I dont have cramps or any bleeding (Ive had the post sex spotting twice, nothing else). My pelvis is rearranging itself for sure...my sciatica is acting up, Im getting round ligament pains.

I just keep thinking on Tuesday I will get told my baby is gone.

When can I stop being worried about this? Ive already had a good ultrasound. Ive never mc before. The doc said they would call me asap if they had concerns about my hormone levels or anything else in my blood work and Ive heard nothing from them.

WHY CANT I CHILL OUT. I want to enjoy this and Im making myself insane for no reason.

July 13th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. It certainly sounds like you are having tons of symptoms. Be easy on yourself though, we are all still early and there have been some sad losses for some on this board. I just read in my pregnancy book that if you make it to 6 weeks your chance of miscarriage is only 15% and at 8 weeks it drops to 5% an at 12 weeks it drops to 1%, so you're chances of that happening are very small. I really think after your scan you will feel so much better. I was terrified before my 2nd scan at 7w1d and now after seeing a very recognizable baby with a beating heart, I've calmed down a lot. Good luck hun! We're here for you!

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)

July 13th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww! It sounds like you have nothing to worry about! Good luck at your ultrasound hopefully it puts your mind at ease!

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
July 13th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I think seeing so many sad things here is playing with my head!

July 13th, 2013, 11:38 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel! I have to keep looking at the ultrasound pics because I still can't believe I have 2 babies in there! I'm so worried they're going to say "oh sorry, you only have 1 baby (or no baby) in there".
I'm also driving myself nuts about listeria and what foods I can/can't eat. I keep worrying about blue cheese that I ate a few weeks ago not realizing I couldn't etc... And that something will be wrong with the babies because of something I ate. I really feel like the doctor should see you as soon as you get pregnant so they can answer the billion questions before you go nuts trying to look it all up online!

Sorry for venting! Lol DH thinks I'm worrying too much so I try not to mention it to him.
But you are not alone!
Jibby likes this.

expecting identical twin girls!!
July 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Oh my Lord when I read that story about the listeria cheese in Wisconsin that led to a woman miscarrying I cried. IM SCARED OF CHEESE. I just keep asking God to protect our and everyone elses little bean.

July 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know, it's terrifying! I've never prayed so much in my life!

expecting identical twin girls!!
July 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Nerd
From what I've learned from those parents with whom I've spoken is that you never stop worrying...the worries just change. And so you can either stress out over every little thing or you take a step back and let life be. At first it is "Will I ever get pregnant?" Then it is "Will I stay pregnant?" Then it is "Is this baby healthy?" Then "Will I survive delivery?" then "Will my baby make it through the night?" Then "Will my baby be okay with a sitter?" And on it goes...before you know it, you're worrying "Will this car be safe enough for my teenager?" Realizing that worry is a part of this has helped me relax some. You're a good parent if you are worrying, because worrying is normal. It's tough but worry won't change outcome. Just for today I am pregnant and happy. Tomorrow or my next doctor's appointment is still in the future. The best coping skill I have is to live in the moment and let life come to me as it is time. You've got this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
July 13th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Awe thanks Sam! You are great!

July 13th, 2013, 03:03 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most likely everything is just fine!! The chance of miscarriage drops to about 5% after hearing/seeing the heartbeat so while things can still happen, those are pretty good odds! That is why i will be much more relieved after the first u/s.

As for the worrying, Sam is absolutely correct. As long as you're a mom you will never stop worrying. Worrying about our children (whether inside the womb or out) is part of the job description.

Sometimes i have a hard time letting myself be consumed with worry but i do my best to give it to God.

July 13th, 2013, 04:47 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
It's really hard not to worry. I worried about different things through different parts of the pregnancy. I know I worried less once I felt regular movement but even after feeling movement, I'd worry when he had less active days. Then he was born and a bunch of new worries started. I don't think it the worrying ever ends once you become a mom. What does help me worry a little less (or distract me from the worry) is making little milestones I want to get to (the next ultrasound, the next week etc). Try not to worry and try to enjoy your pregnancy.

July 13th, 2013, 06:39 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I worried throughout my pregnancies: first will there be a heartbeat? Then, will baby still be there? Then, what if something is wrong at 20 weeks? Then what if movement isn't enough? Then, what if something goes wrong at delivery? SIDS, babysitters, older children, teenagers.... We are moms, we will worry forever. I try my hardest to have faith in my body, faith in my children and hope for the best. All I can do is my best and pray.
Jibby likes this.

July 13th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Veteran
Welcome to the rest of your life! You will always worry about this little one until the day you die. I can't tell you how much I have worried this past year about my oldest. I ended up getting myself put on anxiety meds (which I stopped when I realized I was pregnant) cause I just could not take it anymore. Just try to relax. It sounds like everything is going well. I have periods of "oh, the nausea is better", only to get slapped in the face by it again. Hang in there and I can't wait to hear your update from the Dr.

Christy~Mom to Hailey 11-12-04, Julie 9-10-09 and Collin 1-22-14

July 14th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lurking from the may playroom I ate cheese and pâté before I knew I was pregnant and my wee guy is fine I worried thrgh my entire pregnancy to as it took a yr to conceive him then I worried in labour incase anything happened but he's fine as the other girls said worrying doesn't help but its very hard to stop worrying when u finally get pregnant with that long awaited baby x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search