Pregnancy Ousted at Work

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2013, 12:24 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Anyone else getting asked if they are pregnant?
I'm only 10 WEEKS and wasn't planning to tell, but I'm not going to lie!

It started at work Thursday with a colleague stating, "you're glowing, why didn't you tell me you are pregnant?!" (I told her)
Friday after a wake, a male friend asked me, "Why aren't you drinking? Do you have a bun in the oven?" (I lied to him)
Saturday, a friend of mine asked me, "You look awful tired, can I help you with anything?" (I asked her why she asked me that, and just admitted to her I was pregnant and she admitted she knew but didn't want to ask me flat out...)
Monday, at work, the office admin had this sh*t eating grin on her face and kept flashing it at me like she knew something, so I finally said, "Why are smiling like that?" and she said, "Because you are, aren't you..." (I told her).

They all told me they knew because I am showing. ARGH - mission hide the bump commencing in 10, 9, 8 ...
July 15th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Wow showing at 10 weeks? You must be skinny lol.

I don't work and we told everyone right away so no advice here. My constant nausea and exhaustion would have been a dead giveaway anyways LOL.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
July 15th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Regular
I am 11 weeks, no one has asked me yet but I have a fuller figure so my guess is if they are assuming they are probably too scared to ask!
I feel like I am showing already though My pants have definitely gotten tighter.
July 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My pregnant coworker did this to me at SIX weeks. I wa like *** CAN YOU SMELL IT ON ME?! No one else knows...im leaving tonorrow for 2 weeks and Ill be 11 weeks hen I get back...Im gonna see how long it takes someone else to ask me.

July 15th, 2013, 02:52 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I don't work but people have asked me too. Being a 10th pregnancy plus being about 30lbs underweight I tend to get a bump pretty early. I can't wait for the bump to actually be baby though instead of intestines and whatever else my uterus is pushing up there lol.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

July 15th, 2013, 03:37 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that is pretty early! Some people have a weird pregnant instinct they can tell even without someone showing.

I have a little bump myself and have wondered if anyone suspects. My mom asked but i didn't want to say since other people were around at the time and i couldn't tell if she was kidding. I've been more picky about food so she said "You're not pregnant again are you and that's why you've been having weird cravings?" It didn't sound like she'd be particularly thrilled if i was so i sorta made a "Pshh" sound and walked away dismissing it. It was the best i could come up with at the time.

July 15th, 2013, 04:05 PM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
I'm 11 1/2 weeks and starting to show too. But I am carrying twins. As Jessica said, it's not "baby" but rather all the insides being pushed up and out by the uterus. I can feel the top of my uterus between my navel and pubic bone.

I started telling a fee close people at work a few weeks ago, with my boss being the first. I knew I would have more doctors appts than usual since I'm high risk, and was seeing an RE until last week.

If you are comfortable with people knowing this early, then share the news and enjoy it! It will be kind of hard hiding now... Office gossip! Good luck!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

Last edited by cassthomas852; July 15th, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
July 15th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Nerd
I am a grad student and some of my other fellow students knew right away. This one woman said, "And how's the baby?" I was flabbergasted! And secretly excited. She said she could see it in my face. Most people have been very understanding when I say we aren't announcing it publicly yet. I don't know when I'll tell my advisor. But I did tell my boss at the gym because her youngest is about 18 months and she taught all during her pregnancy. After my 10 week appointment next Monday I plan to do a FB announcement.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
July 15th, 2013, 05:07 PM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
My mother in law had been asking about a week before I even found out. She said she just knew. Lol

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search