stupidst thing youv been told about pregnancy

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By NewGurl
  • 4 Post By sarha81
  • 1 Post By acchickpea
  • 4 Post By smsturner

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 07:10 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so i know it may be a little early for this game as some of us haven't even reveled yet but its one of my favorite so we can do it agin later and see how much more ridiculous it gets as we go along.

what is the stupidest things you have been told about pregnancy/ you being pregnant so far and if you have a particular crowned jewel from a previous pregnancy please do tell.

So far iv only had two things

winning most offenive--- my grandmother sent me the number to an abortion clinic since this one was probably an accident considering how young Connor is.

and winning What the double hockey sticks- a guy at a bus stop told me that I had to stop after this one becuse more then 2 babies was a sign that your a ho (remind me not to tell strangers that me puking in a trashcan is not as concerning as it seems)

oh and from last pregnancy my crown jewel i belive is being told I had to start pumping at the begining of the 3rd trimester or my body wouldn't know how to make milk..(compleate and utter bull hocky for the win)
acchickpea and shell1981 like this.

July 16th, 2013, 07:14 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
i was told by a stranger to make DH practice on a baby doll...... lmfao

July 16th, 2013, 07:19 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW! I shouldn't be surprised to hear that people actually say these things, but my response is just... Wow! I haven't had anything like that yet, but we have only told a few close friends and I'm not showing yet. We can't tell family until next month because DH's parents live out of town and we want to tell both families at the same time to prevent drama.
At least I can be prepared when the comments start!

expecting identical twin girls!!
July 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1-i wont ever need maternity clothes...just keep buying regular clothes in bigger and bigger sizes

2- i shouldnt buy another car. My tiny, 2 door civic that is brutal getting in and out of and has close to 100,000 miles is perfectly fine and Im dumb to want something bigger. Im pretty sure I wont be able to fit in my car by Decemer

July 16th, 2013, 08:13 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
NewGurl - jaw dropped at those things!!!

Hmm... with DS#1, I hated being told, get your sleep before the baby comes (as if you can store it up like a squirrel does nuts.)
July 16th, 2013, 08:41 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh boy oh boy do I have some stupid ones.....
this is from my first pregnancy... let's see if I'll hear any repeats with this one!

(All of these are after having baby)
1. Don't take a shower for the first month ... if you do you'll have muscle problems when you get older.... (ummm.. gross... I was in the shower rinsing the day after popping out my wonderful bundle of joy... )

2. Don't climb stairs for a few weeks after baby... not sure why but my bedroom and shower was upstairs so I'm sleeping in my cozy bed....

3. keep your ears warm all the time!... (Funny story.. my sister in law had her baby 9 month before me and so when I visited her in the hospital she was wearing a fuzzy winter hat that has those fuzzy earflaps in her bed with a hospital gown... I asked her what are you doing and she said mother in law said you need to keep your ears warm because you don't want the ears to get cold for some weird reason) I said to my DH... Do not let your mom come near me with that hat in the hospital... lol
shell1981 likes this.
July 16th, 2013, 09:11 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I don't have anything too great.

I had a random women tell me I was lucky I had a boy first, because now I can stop trying for more kids.

My grandfather told us we had to wait till Frankie was at least 2 to start trying for number 2. I'm not looking forward to telling him I'm pregnant again.

I got a lot of get your sleep before baby gets here.

July 16th, 2013, 10:26 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Biggest one:
People telling me not to vaccinate because my 11 year old son has Asperger's (mild autism). And why would I want to chance that again? (ugh.)

It's horribly offensive to be told my choices based on science and medicine caused my child to have a disorder. And it's not true. If anyone has done their research, it's me. And honestly, why wouldn't I want another Marcus? I would take ten of my son over a lot of other children I've met!! He's an amazing person. And brilliant.

The other:
(since my kids are 11 and 13)
Oh my god, why would you want to start over again!!?? You're almost done! (I want to punch these people. I didn't realize it was a goal to have my children out of my life?)

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

Last edited by smsturner; July 16th, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
July 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Wow those are some doozies. I can't think of anything in particular I've heard.

Oh other than my dad said I "deserve twins." What he meant is that I shouldn't be having more kids so I deserve to have double the work or whatever. He seems to think we have kids for the baby bonus we get from the government. This from the guy who tells people he married my mom for the tax deduction.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
July 16th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had some really rude comments like Are you just going to carry on until you get a girl? Or have you no tv at home? Also I'll be so disappointed for you if it's another boy!

I wish the sleep thing was true that you could save up your sleep!

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search