Any Weird Cravings?

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
tryingagain110's Avatar Veteran
None for me really but I have beeen really sick..And the things I have craved seem to make me sicker ugh
July 23rd, 2013, 09:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ice Pops and whole wheat bread.

I'm also craving protein, but not meat... Meat is so icky sounding right now! Thank goodness for farm fresh eggs, beans, and peanut butter!
July 23rd, 2013, 11:33 PM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
I've just been eating TONS of fruit. Like all day long. I normally don't have anywhere near that much.

July 24th, 2013, 05:57 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
peanut butter and Jelly sandwhiches with pickles on the side....
Such a weird combo but had to have it.... That was two weeks ago and I'm over it now... So weird... I never really had any odd cravings with the first....
July 24th, 2013, 06:39 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't say odd cravings.... But I can't get enough Mexican food. Tacos, enchiladas, fajitas. When we make them at home we use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
Also Chinese food! Yum!
I'm not really craving meat unless its in a ground form (like above) and cheeseburgers! I used to always have a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch, but it doesn't really appeal to me right now.

I've also been craving cheese, which is difficult because I'm paranoid about eating one of the 'forbidden' cheeses lol.

I'm not eating this unhealthy stuff all the time, I promise lol!

expecting identical twin girls!!
July 24th, 2013, 07:04 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing lately. Everything makes me sick so I just try to eat what I can keep down.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 24th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Veteran
I have been eating alot of cheese. Anything cheesy.....I think for a week all I ate was Mac and Cheese. Also I am a chocoholic.......and right now it tastes bad everytime I eat it.
I havent been able to hold much down this week.......so I want nothing!
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

July 24th, 2013, 10:17 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
smoking cigarettes :/

July 24th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mexican here too! I seriously make dh stop at the taco truck on his way home like everyday. I think I'm gonna make enchiladas for dinner!

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
July 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just had mexican food a couple days ago, sooooo delicious! I can't get enough of it. Fried foods have been sounding great lately, specifically fries w/fry sauce.

Today i'm majorly craving pizza, the really greasy kind. Pizza hut is having a good deal right now so i'll probably have DH bring some home tonight. I'm so bad! Hopefully it won't make me sick. Last night i randomly threw up and i'm not sure if its because of what i ate or not..

Hang in there Stephanie!! I can imagine how difficult it must be to stop but you can do it!

July 24th, 2013, 05:12 PM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the best DH lol. Tonight is my late shift, and I called him to let him know I was going to stop home for dinner (since I ate the tacos I brought already lol). He made cheeseburgers AND Mac-n-cheese! OMG it was SOOOO good! I don't think I've ever enjoyed cheese as much as I have been lately! Haha I even brought more Mac-n-cheese back to work with me, yum!

expecting identical twin girls!!
July 24th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Nothing weird and mine always changes. Last night I made hubby go get a bagel with cream cheese and salty chips. But that doesn't mean I wanted it today.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
July 25th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Amazing Mommy
My cravings vary from day to day, really. Sometimes eating what I crave makes me sicker, sometimes it settles my stomach and I get sooooo sleepy afterwards. Yesterday, I was craving gummy worms and those orange candy slices. Not today though. I've been craving a grilled cheese sandwich dipped in ketchup off and on for about a week but I haven't given it a try yet. I've always loved grilled cheese dipped in ketchup though.

Saltines haven't helped with morning sickness but pretzels have. I haven't been checking the sodium on stuff lately, which I'm supposed to do. As bad as I've been feeling I'm just so happy when I can finally eat something and hold it down!
August 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
Veteran
My cravings come and go.

Most common:
Pickles!
Cheese! ZOMG CHEESE! I could eat a whole brick of cheese.
Pizza (see cheese craving above)
Tacos/greasy taco meat
Chocolate

One night it was peanuts. Another night I laid awake for hours thinking about my mother-in-law's meat stew...how it tastes, how it looks, how I could get some, what time I could call her in the morning.... Tonight I had to get up at 4 am and make an egg and spinach omelette and scarf down two grapefruit.

Most of my cravings are pretty unhealthy though. I NEVER ate dairy before I got pregnant. I insisted on getting my calcium from leafy green sources. Now I salivate for cheese (and I don't deny myself).

I think morning (ahem! all day) sickness makes salad pretty unappetizing. I started getting more attracted to food that would be easier to regurgitate. :/

Now that m/s is subsiding, cravings seem to be more healthy (I still want tacos though.)
August 1st, 2013, 10:45 PM
Regular
Interesting that so many people crave cheese. That's been one of my favorite things, too! Usually not just cheese alone, but more like cheesy foods.

My cravings also vary day to day, but have included:

Pizza (especially deep dish pizza advertised on TV)
Red Lobster's cheese biscuits (also because I saw them on TV)
Mashed potatoes
Baked potatoes
Salad (but only from one particular restaurant -- it's basically just lettuce, tomato, onions, and...you guessed it...cheese!)
Popsicles
PB&J sandwiches
Fig Newtons
Pretzels with a glass of milk
Cherries
Lemonade

I wish I could crave healthy things more often!

I've also had adversions to very sweet things like candy, chocolate, soda, and my prenatal gummy vitamins.
August 2nd, 2013, 04:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not really just slush drinks but I've always craved ice one way or another in pregnancy.

[/url]
August 2nd, 2013, 05:57 AM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
I've been craving breakfast foods. Lol i had popyarts every day for two weeks. Now it's frosted flakes. And fruit. And Mac and cheese. Lol

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
August 2nd, 2013, 06:13 AM
Veteran
watermelon, salt, pickle juice (that's normal for me though), and onions and tomatoes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search