scared of going early

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By victoria0294

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 11:56 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know its a long way away either way but I really dont want to have another early baby i hated leaveing connor at the hospital although I do know some 36 weekers go straight home and some full term babys need extra help still though its allready worrying me.

I keep dreaming that we decide to have christmas at my parents so that connor and my SILs son can meet each other and as they are opening matching push carts (which is really weird btw becuse my brother and SILs son will be like 3 months old at Christmas) I go into labor and non of the doctors in that town want to deliver my baby because they dont except my insurance.....so they medivac me to another hospital which is 3 additional hours away from where I actually live and I give birth there but have to leave the LO behind becuse there is nowhere for me to stay in that town and I dont get to see it agin untill it gets released like 2 months later.

how can i be haveing birth dreams allready im not even quite in the 2nd trimester yet.....someone tell me im being ridiculous.

July 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Crazy dreams are normal!
I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was afraid to touch my baby, but decided I needed to learn how to swaddle so DH taught me. Then I swaddled the baby and put her in a dresser drawer and left!

Then, shortly after DH and I found out we are having twins, I had a dream that I had twin puppies and couldn't think of 2 names so we called them both the same name lol.

I've had a few other crazy dreams too!

Worrying is completely normal. I worry that I'm going to lose one or both of my babies, or that something will go horribly wrong either during pregnancy or delivery because I'm having twins. But I think that worrying just proves that we care about our babies! I'm just trying my best to not worry too much over things that I have no control over. I'm doing my best to realize that most of the time, everything is perfectly fine, most pregnancies are good and have healthy babies.

And just because you delivered early with your previous child does not mean that it will happen again this time!
MummytoB likes this.

expecting identical twin girls!!
July 29th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Amazing Mommy
I'll second that, worrying is pretty normal. I think all of us worry to some extent over these things. And it truly is because we care so much and love our babies already.
With DS, they wanted to induce me at 35 weeks if I could even make it to that without something going wrong since I had pre-eclampsia. I was so scared the entire time and constantly had dreams of things going wrong. I was able to be induced at 39 weeks but that was after being hospitalized a few times and constantly being on bed rest.
I've been afraid I'll have to have this baby way before 39 weeks, I've been praying a lot for everything to be okay.

When I was pregnant with DS, I'd dream about giving birth to him and him being a Bat! He'd fly around and then try to breastfeed with fangs! I knew it was irrational but sometimes I'd seriously think "oh my god, what if I do give birth to a bat? What am I going to do?" Lol

It's a good thing we have this DDC with awesome ladies that are very understanding and supportive. I know there's going to be times when we all freak out at least once about something.
July 29th, 2013, 02:17 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I know the feeling. My 5th and 6th were born at 35weeks. My 5th came home right away and my 6th had a 8 day nicu stay (separate pregnancies). For my 7th and 8th (and this one soon) I had 17p (progesterone) injections weekly from 16-36weeks and I got to 38w with both.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

July 29th, 2013, 07:53 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my second came at 36 weeks 4 days and she came home right away. My third came at 34 weeks 5 days and he stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks. It was so heartbreaking leaving with no baby and not getting him home until he was almost a month old. My 4th went almost the whole darn 40 weeks!! Go figure. So you never know. Early babies don't mean they all will follow suit. I am only slightly worried this time since the last two I had a placenta issue. My 34 week baby was because of a placenta abruption and I had a mild case of placenta previa with my last but it cleared up and never caused any complications. Worrying is total normal though with past history. Just can't help it sometimes.

July 30th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
I haven't had crazy dreams about this baby yet but I certainly have been having crazy dreams every night. A few days ago I dreamt I took my 6 year old to an AA meeting but for her video game addiction (why an AA meeting I don't know) LOL

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
July 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've never experienced it myself but i can imagine leaving your baby at the hospital must be very hard. Hopefully baby will bake the full time! I agree that this baby could very well not be early at all so fingers crossed for that! I always think its crazy how some women are eager to have their babies around 34-37 weeks thinking baby is completely developed and ready.. not always the case.

July 30th, 2013, 12:57 PM
sammyjo83's Avatar Super Mommy
I have that same fear as well. My last baby was born at 34 weeks and 5 days and was transferred to an NICU that was an hour away from my home. He stayed there for 5 weeks. It was scary and it felt like torture to me. Thank goodness for the Ronald McDonald House and allowing us to stay there for the 5 weeks or it would have felt much worse. I am so scared that it will happen again and it has me all paranoid. Of course I live in a different state now, I have a doctor that listens to me, and the NICU is only 15 minutes away. But still.... I don't want it to happen again.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 30th, 2013, 08:10 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria0294 View Post

Then, shortly after DH and I found out we are having twins, I had a dream that I had twin puppies and couldn't think of 2 names so we called them both the same name lol.
This reminds me of friends of ours. Their names are Baron and Karen (yes, they rhyme). Their children's names all rhyme as well-they have Sharon, Taryn, Baron Jr, and Darren. Well they just had boy/girl twins in March. Their names? Aaron Michael and Erynn (Erin) Michelle. Yes, I'm serious.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search