Pregnancy and HAIR

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay ladies, what is YOUR hair doing???

Mine is growing like crazy! (good for my head, bad for my legs...) I've also lost any volume I had... which wasn't a lot. But it's soft and shiny.

Oh, and I notice my arm hair is getting longer. Also, there's a fine layer of soft hair on my stomach that's getting long. I'm so afraid I'll look like a soft, shiny, hairy monster by the end of this pregnancy!
August 26th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Veteran
I have dark down on my tummy too! And my "pleasure trail" that used to be short not-visible blond peach fuzz from my chest to navel is now dark also.

I can't tell about the hair on my head...I've been growing it out anyway. It is very soft, shiny, and has more volume, but I also just ditched shampoo and conditioner and started using my own homemade concoction. It's awesome and cheap if anyone wants to try.... baking soda mixed with warm water for "shampoo", and apple cider vinegar for a rinse. Just have to get used to it not sudsing up like shampoo.
August 26th, 2013, 04:53 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never been able to see any difference during pregnancy. Mine always falls out alot after baby is born so that's no fun!

August 26th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Amazing Mommy
The hair on my head has NO volume, it's limp and flat. Dull and lifeless. As well as frizzy especially up top at the crown. I don't even know how some of this is possible. I have naturally wavy hair.

I have some hair on my chest and stomach that even DH has noticed, the hair on my legs seem to grow back hours after I shave. None of it is blonde and barely noticeable anymore. And I found a few hairs under my chin a few days ago! I had to put the tweezers to work fast!
August 26th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Super Mommy
My hair is thicker and greasier. I'm afraid to wash it more though, for fear that it'll just keep getting worse and worse if I do.
August 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My is growing like crazy....other than that no other changes.

August 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my hair is very greasy now

my leg hair is growing faster but nothing anywhere else except for right above my belly button im starting to get a peach fuzz patch.

August 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
My hair has stopped falling out! I've always shed like crazy and now it's very minimal. I wish I could keep this going forever. I'm afraid after birth it's just going to come out in chunks. lol

August 26th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Nerd
I think I'm losing less hair than normal. My hair just hasn't done right lately. I don't know if its the crazy summer weather or pregnancy. I can say that the hair growth on my legs has slowed waaaaay down!

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
August 26th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine hasn't changed so far. I hope it grows more.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 26th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Veteran
Mine looks flatter and seems dirty all the time. I am noticing alot more gray
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

August 26th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't really noticed a change in my hair. Now if I go a day without washing it, I do notice that it looks a greasy. The hair on my legs is growing faster than I remember it growing before.

August 26th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Cheerleading/Football Mom
My hair on my head is growing but Im trying to do that anyway. As for my legs, it has slowed WAY down. I love it because I don't have to shave near as often
August 27th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Brookem's Avatar Veteran
My hair is definitely growing like crazy. Its thick and full also! I have peach fuzz on my belly that sticks straight up too .

Happy wife, proud mom and aspiring Lactation Consultant.

August 27th, 2013, 08:17 AM
OscarsPaprika's Avatar Strong proud Army wife ;)
Mine gets greasy really quick now, but it is growing like crazy and really thick which is great cause I have thin hair normally. I have dark fuzz under my belly button too but my leg hair grows so slow it is nice lol
August 28th, 2013, 07:13 AM
tryingagain110's Avatar Veteran
my Hair is growing alot. I also have noticed hair on my stomach everywhere.Im gonna look like a ape before long lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search