Leaking?

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Elessara's Avatar Clueless first time mommy
I woke up Saturday morning and was kinda freaked and grossed out by a wet spot on my T-shirt.

Anyone else having boob leakage? Is this normal for this early? For a first timer? >_> I totally was not expecting this until much later.
I never even had any boob soreness, cramps or pains. Of course I've never really been lacking in that area size-wise either... I'm still wearing my regular bras with no issue.

EDIT:
Also, I don't know if it matters but whatever it is, it's a clear liquid, and I just started my 17th week today.

Last edited by Elessara; September 9th, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
September 9th, 2013, 06:02 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
It can be normal to leak this early. Some women will leak early, some late and some not at all. So I wouldn't worry. I stopped breast feeding my son in Jan and have been leaking off and on since then, it's just increased since I've been pregnant.

September 9th, 2013, 06:18 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not having it this time since I'm still nursing Jacob but I did have it with both my last pregnancies. I think it started around 20 weeks. It is definitely possible. Just get some nursing pads if you leak too much so you don't leak through your shirt during the day.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
its colostrum (its a highly nutrient dense form of milk for when baby is first born) and its totally normal I started leaking it when preg with Connor to not everyone leaks it but there is defiantly nothing wrong if you do.

go ahead and buy yourself some breast pads to keep from any embarrassing unwanted wet T shirt competitions. oh also for me I had a terrible problem with leaking just at iny bit and it drying unto my nipples and causeing them to itch so if your out alot start carrying wet wipes as well to do a quick clean off on your potty breaks.

September 9th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Ok, so I get that there are pads I can get to insert into my bra but what about when I'm not wearing one? AKA when I'm sleeping?

I was thinking maybe some tissue and bandaids, but are there any better suggestions?
Buh, this sucks.

Last edited by Elessara; September 9th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
September 10th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Hummm... it seems to kind of come and go. Is this something I'm going to have deal with for my entire pregnacy / first year? Is there anything other than pads that can be done?

~ewww.

September 10th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Normal. Breast pads when awake and if its not that bad at night sleeping on a towel is an option. My friend had to do that with her baby after he was born cause she soaked through breastpads real quick. I wasnt that bad but had to wear a bra 24/7 for the first year. That blew, hated it. I only wear one when I leave the house and am going to enjoy it cause am seeing another year of wearing one year round again

September 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Veteran
Totally normal! I leaked a ton with my first. I had to wear breast pads the entire second and third trimester. I was breast feeding my first when I was pregnant with my second so I wouldn't have noticed any leaking then. This time around I haven't started and it kind of worries me because I have fear of not being able to breast feed this one but I'm hoping it'll come in due time.
September 10th, 2013, 01:32 PM
yeah once you start to leak you normally will continue to I had to wear pads through the last trimester and then about the first 5 months till my supply regulated if you want you can get cotton sleep nursing bras to wear to bed so you can wear pads at night to.

September 10th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Totally normal!

I like reusable pads. You can buy them at the store or online.

September 10th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Super Mommy
They sell sleep-able maternity bra's. You could try buying one of those for inserting pads into. I had to look online for mine, they don't sell bra's that big around here.

As for leaking, I think I started on and off again sometime mid pregnancy.
September 10th, 2013, 02:53 PM
EDD 02-01-2013
My first pregnancy I started leaking around 15 weeks and the entire pregnancy. Each pregnancy after that was very different in the timing and amount.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 10th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Lace Trimmed Nursing Sleep Bra | Motherhood Maternity

I use these there very comfortable Ill be buying new ones soon iv stretched mine from all the use lol. particualerly like them becuse they are great for nurseing after baby comes and the lace on the side helps becuse I get all sweaty with a baby on top of me at night.

September 10th, 2013, 03:56 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never leaked much during pregnancy but everyone is different and its definitely normal! If its alot then either reusable or disposable pads would both work.

September 10th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Brookem's Avatar Veteran
I think this is a GREAT sign! After 16 weeks you are in "lactogenesis" which is when breasts start to change a lot. I am guessing it wont be long before you have to wear a bra for comfort at night. If you are planning to breastfeed, most women that experience leaking early find that their milk is not delayed in coming in.

It is colostrum and this stuff kicks A!!! It's the most nutrient rich substance known and unparalleled by science. So cool .

Happy wife, proud mom and aspiring Lactation Consultant.

September 11th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Veteran
I haven't leaked anything, but since VERY early (like 8 weeks) I have smelled like breast milk on and off. I'm also a FTM so I've never had milk in them before. Midwives/docs say I'm crazy, but the smell is pretty undeniably like breast milk.
September 11th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the info (and the link) I hadn't really looked into maternity bras yet and I didn't even know there was a such thing as a "sleep bra" so I will definatly be buying me a few of those.

September 11th, 2013, 07:20 AM
With my first I only leaked once and it freaked me out having drips come out of my boobs lol. Was in sept last time and was only the once nothing again until she was born. I had no issues with breastfeeding, I did it for 46 months when she self weaned. Funny thing is my due date is only one week later than my first, so Im thinking I might again soon?

What Im NOT looking forward to is two - three days after baby is born waking up to rock hard boobs, about double D, and the pain from it. Thats big considering Im an A cup!! I think painful engorgement lasted two weeks? Something like that. Gotta admit though the other half loves the size and I caught him peeking, and he was afraid to touch

September 11th, 2013, 07:38 AM
haha Im not looking forward to the rock hard tatas either on the plus side it looks like connor wont be weaning even if I found a way to replace my milk with sulfuric acid so I guess ill be able to pop him on there for a snack whenever I need some relief. I had it for forever to since I was exclusivly pumping in the begining I had a massive over supply for a few months... I litteraly ran into the house after my Post partum checkup to pump becuse I thought they would explode I taught myself to hand express that day so I chould get relife while i was out lol.

btw speaking of rock hard tatas absolutly take nurseing bras to the hospital with you I didnt even have a bra there with connor and my girls were double killing me. they deffinatly need to be supported while all that is happening i think I cried a little when i finally got a bra that fit me on day 3.

September 11th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I was clueless at the hospital, my mom brought me a DD bra. I was like, whats this for?? She never used a nursing bra. i gotta get more, I just got mine at walmart they were fine for me. The maternity/baby store in my town at the time wanted $60 per bra!! yeah right!! $10 at walmart. I did try Lily Pads though, they werent bad I might get more but after I stop getting engorged.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search