Still nauseous/vomiting?

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies!!! I am in the March DDC, so I hope it's okay I'm posting here. I sometimes visit you all to see what I can expect in the upcoming month (since I am a first time mama).

So I am wondering how many of you are feeling better, or if a lot of ladies still have the nausea or vomiting? All my books say it should taper off with the 2nd trimester, so now that I am at 13 weeks, I am hoping to see it decrease.

But the last couple of days, I think it has gotten bad again. I am throwing up everything and nauseous all day. Yucko.

Hoping some of you have some good news to share ...

Thanks for letting me join you for a minute!
September 9th, 2013, 08:27 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no good news from me..... on the plus side i did get put an anti nausia med so now i normally only get sick if i forget to take it get really stressed or spend to long outside as opposed to every day. but Im pretty sure most ppl have gotten better. likr all pregnancy symptomes it veries fom person to person if its causeing problems still talk to your doctor.

September 9th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling a little better in the last few weeks. I no longer feel queasy constantly. I do still puke from time to time and dry heave with an empty stomach first thing in the morning or if I go too long without eating. I am taking zofran this pregnancy like I did with my first, but no longer need it every day and I hope I get better here on out and stay that way.

With DD, I was sick as a dog until 15 weeks when I gave in and begged for zofran but still threw up some even with that in my system. I started feeling good enough to not need medicine around week 27 and stayed feeling well until week 35 ish. I was sick from then until the end and even through labor.

There's no way to know how much longer youll be sick, but there are things you can do. Don't feel like a bad mom if you can't eat the healthiest diet. Just eat what stays down at this point. I hope your morning sickness eases up soon!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

September 9th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wish I had good news but I'm still sick. I am one of those people that are sick the whole pregnancy though I don't think that's the norm. Everybody's different. Hopefully you start to feel better soon.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
September 9th, 2013, 09:31 PM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine cut off around week 12. Hopefully yours will shortly too!

September 9th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Veteran
I had super bad MS. I am now 17 weeks and it's just starting to taper off for me.

I would start to see relief for a few days and think it was gone/better, and then it would come back full force again.

Now I am throwing up once every other day or so, and I think I can prevent it better by eating smaller meals.

Good luck! MS sucks!
September 10th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Nerd
I never threw up, just really wanted to. My nausea tapered off at about 10 weeks.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
September 10th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Amazing Mommy
I have anti nausea meds but they don't do anything for me. I have felt better in the second trimester and am not constantly vomiting like I was at first but sometimes every once in awhile I'll get sick again and vomit several times a day.
September 10th, 2013, 05:42 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have good days and bad days. Yesterday was great and then this morning I was back with my head in the toilet throwing up. It is better than it was but it's not gone away. Mine lasted for a long time during my last pregnancy so I'm guessing it will do that this time also.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 10th, 2013, 06:03 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
My nausea really started to decrease around 16 weeks. I still have off and on nausea but its because I have constant thick phlegm in my throat (a gross pregnancy symptom) and its sickening. A lot of books say that nausea should let up around 13 weeks, it does happen for a lot of women, but unfortunatly some women continue to have it in the 2nd trimester and even some up till birth. I hope you start feeling better soon!

September 10th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Super Mommy
Mine finally started to go away around 15 weeks. Now I only feel briefly queasy if exposed to the wrong smell. Which seems to be half the smells. Poor SO isn't even allowed to eat cereal around me, since milk and yogurt are two of my big no smells.
September 10th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Sorry can't give you good news here either. I'm almost 17 weeks and still on anti nausea pills. Without them I'd vomit till there's nothing in my stomach and then vomit some more. Without them I'd be hospitalized. It's gotten better as earlier, even with the meds I was always nauseous, munching crackers and occasionally vomiting. Now I rarely vomit and am nauseous MUCH less. But I still need those meds.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
September 10th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Elessara's Avatar Clueless first time mommy
I never actually threw up but oh how I so desperatly wanted to! XP
I was just so sicky all the time. It finally started tapering off around week 14-15.
I feel fine now, unless I get catch whiff of some offending odor. I hope it starts tapering for you soon!

September 10th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniek85 View Post
My nausea really started to decrease around 16 weeks. I still have off and on nausea but its because I have constant thick phlegm in my throat (a gross pregnancy symptom) and its sickening. A lot of books say that nausea should let up around 13 weeks, it does happen for a lot of women, but unfortunatly some women continue to have it in the 2nd trimester and even some up till birth. I hope you start feeling better soon!
So thats why!!! I was like why!! Im not sick go away!!!!

Ive never actually thrown up from a pregnancy unless I took my prenatals in the morning. But I sure felt like it!!!! I was so tempted to put my finger down my throat just to make it go away.....but I know that wouldnt work and on purpose not the smartest idea. I tried all the meds, yeah, they helped a bit. Stopped taking them, tried Preggy Pops they worked better. But they taste like candy so stopped buying them. Then I read to take B6 instead, and it's GONE. Will never take anti puke pills again.....they have B6 in them anyways, so why waste time and money? I never got second trimester relief.

September 11th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies for all your insights!!!

But I have to say, I am SO SORRY so many of you are still going through it. My heart goes out to you all. I know how draining the nausea can be.

I am back on a higher dose of the nausea meds, but I will try again in a week to taper off of them. I like the advice to take B6. My doc gave me that very early on, but it didn't help when the vomiting was so severe in weeks 6-10, so I gave up on it. I kind of forgot about it. Maybe it would be helpful again now, though.

Thanks again to all of you. I wish you the best in the next few months, and will send T/P that those of you who still have MS will start to feel better soon!!!

September 11th, 2013, 03:46 PM
EDD 02-01-2013
I stopped feeling sick around 16 weeks ... then this past week I have felt like I'm going to throw up most of the day. This is my 5th pregnancy and the 1st time it has come back like this, so maybe I have or I'm getting the bug that's been going around?

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 11th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Regular
I'm surprised so many people here are still sick. I feel WAY better. The nausea re-visits once in a while, but it's probably less than once per day on average. And even when it does, it's usually pretty mild. The exception would be when I took my prenatal vitamins on an empty stomach (bad choice!).

But yeah, I'd say 90% of my MS went away around Week 14.
Jazminhumboldt likes this.
September 13th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Brookem's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSam View Post
I never threw up, just really wanted to. My nausea tapered off at about 10 weeks.
Same here! I felt like I could be sick if I wanted but it really just sat there... around 10/11 things died out for me.

Good luck!!!
Jazminhumboldt likes this.

Happy wife, proud mom and aspiring Lactation Consultant.

September 13th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Cheerleading/Football Mom
Yep, 19 weeks and still get those feelings...
September 13th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and I still have those nauseous days. When I don't all it takes is a smell to make me gag. With my 3 boys all nausea was gone by 14 weeks. This time (a girl) my sickness has been so much worse!

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search