Moms of 2+ kids

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it's early yet, but has anyone had a baby both face up and face down? Ive been told consistently that a face up baby is WAY more painful. She was face up and all my pain was in my uterus, I had zero back pain. I wanted to try to avoid an epi if I could, but I allowed a shot of Nubain which they did in my rear end, holy sore butt cheek for a week......all that did was made me stoned out of my tree so I have large periods of time where I dont remember my labour at all, I have to rely on DH to tell me about it, and he told me some things I dont remember. But I DO remember the pain, it was terrible!! I didnt even know I had an epi until I was in the shower and felt the bandaide, I was so out of it I guess im just curious, if this baby is face down, is there a chance it wont be *as* painful this time around? I know it's gonna hurt but if it's not going to be *that* bad, it'll be nice. Im also a bit worried cause my midwife said most women have c sections when they are face up and is amazed I had her that way. Really? I've heard of lots of women having babies face up. Heh I even know one whose baby came out sideways.

Random thought: lying in my bed propped up on pillows with my laptop and my uterus is already getting in the way. Using built in track, not the mouse, it's getting challenging. Here we go lol

September 12th, 2013, 10:28 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both of my boys were born face up. I had an epi both times so I don't really know how painful it was. I did look online and it looks like having a baby face up as opposed to face down is the easier way to give birth and suppose to be less painful. So I'm guessing that is not what you want to hear. I've always heard that if they are head down it causes more labor in your back but I have no experience.

I'm hoping to have a natural delivery this time with no meds at all so I hope mine's little head is facing whatever way will cause me less pain.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 12th, 2013, 01:52 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
2 were born face up, 1 was face up but turned when I was 7cms, and the rest were face down. Face up caused lots of back labor and longer pushing in the 2 that stayed that way.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

September 12th, 2013, 02:37 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I've always heard it was more difficult and more painful to have a baby face up. Face down is the position you hope for. Face up can cause back labor but my son was face down and I had really strong, excuriating back labor. I only have one child, so I don't really have any other birth to compare it to.

September 12th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thats interesting cause I dont remember any back pain at all. Am I lucky? I was almost 42 weeks when I was given Cerdivil that wasnt supposed to induce me (surprise!) and the cramps started in my uterus and got really really bad when I caved and got the nubain, about two hours into it. I know one thing foresure, im not getting nubain again. I wasnt given oxytocin (pitocin) so I guess my body just needed that "boost"? I was supposed to the next day cause I was sent home after they put it in, but the cerdivil took care of that.

This time Im hoping for a home waterbirth *crossing fingers all works out* I was unable to last time and what really convinced me was I had a kidney infection about three years ago that was excruciating and being in the bath made the pain go away 100% as long as I was in the water, until I was able to get to the hospital for antibiotics. I know the pain doesnt compare, but if water helps that will be awesome!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search