how will you sleep?

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2013, 08:29 PM
OscarsPaprika's Avatar Strong proud Army wife ;)
Once baby is here, how will you sleep? Cosleep? Bassinet? Straight to the crib?
We coslept with ds but we didn't have our bed frame up then , the mattress is like 4ft off the floor now which makes me kinda nervous to have an infant in. With ds it was just a mattress and box spring since we were at my mothers until dh got back. I'm thinking about taking a few weeks in the recliner with her before trying to figure out if we should get a cosleeper, I hear their pretty uncomfortable..we have a huge bed so it's not space but I'm just not sure how dh would feel about a cosleeper that really looks like I could put pillows around to do the same job.. I don't know, the question just popped into my head tonight. What are you ladies considering or doing?
September 12th, 2013, 08:45 PM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
We'll have her in a bassinet in our room to start with. Once she gets older we'll move her to the crib.

September 12th, 2013, 08:48 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bassinet in our room. But we are halfway co sleepers-keep the baby in bed with us after a middle of the night feeding...

September 12th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Veteran
We co slept and used a bassinet with our last, it was okay, I think we'd rather move her to the crib even sooner this time but we will see how it goes...it is so nice to get your own bed back after awhile, lol!
September 12th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DD slept in a pack n play next to our bed until she was able to roll over, around 3 months old. Doing that made nursing (when that finally started working) much easier, especially while recovering from a csection. We will likely do the same for this baby, csection or not.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

September 12th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Brookem's Avatar Veteran
We cosleep. I did a bassinet with our daughter for the first few weeks because they are so teeny! This time we are strapping the crib to the bed without the side rail on it to mock an arms reach cosleeper. I breastfeed for a couple years so it's a natural process of getting them to sleep longer stretches in their own bed more and more from 1y to 2y but this crib adventure will be new for us so hopefully it works out!

Happy wife, proud mom and aspiring Lactation Consultant.

September 12th, 2013, 11:30 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are co-sleeping. Always have so we will continue it. I just feel better with my baby right next to me all night. Makes nursing much easier also.

September 13th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Veteran
We are cosleepers, not sure what I want to do this time. Our youngest (who is four now) never slept in a crib and is just now starting to sleep in his own bed.
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

September 13th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Cheerleading/Football Mom
we co-sleep for awhile. I intend to breast feed again, so it works out better
September 13th, 2013, 03:52 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
We'll bedshare.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

September 13th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Probably bedshare for a while then move to a crib or something in our room. I'll do whatever works. My dd loved cosleeping but my ds liked his own space so I'll just see what this baby likes.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
September 13th, 2013, 04:18 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
We will have the baby in a cradle next to the bed for the first 2-3 months, then move him to a crib in his room.

September 13th, 2013, 05:53 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an arms reach co-sleeper that I bought when I was pregnant with my first and I will use it this time. It is wonderful to have that baby right there when baby needs to nurse in the middle of the night. I will keep my baby in my room as long as possible. We usually move them to their own room when they start sitting up on their own. I always dread moving them to their own room. I like having them right there.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 13th, 2013, 07:03 AM
rnholly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Co-sleep or bedshare (if we can get a bigger bed by then!). I bedshared with DS and it worked well for nursing.
September 13th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bassinet in our room but will end up co sleeping cause I breastfeed and tend to fall asleep. I have my mattress against the wall and shove blankets down the side so theres no gap in case of baby rolling around. Im hoping this one will be a better sleeper than my first. I dont intend to co sleep, it just happens.

September 13th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Elessara's Avatar Clueless first time mommy
We have the crib set up in our room near the foot of the bed, so I guess that's where baby will go.

I have little to no interest with co-sleeping as I am a BIG TIME flopper... I'd be so terrified of flopping on the baby that what little sleep I should be getting I wouldn't.

I would be inclined to use a bassinet, but I won't be buying one. Just if I happen to get one through friends or family.

September 13th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you never know, I move a lot in my sleep too but with my baby there, totally different. But not all moms are the same, I like having my bitty baby with me, but would never encourage a mom that fears rolling on the baby to try. I was like that too actually, fear of hurting her. But since my first didnt know what sleep was I ended up passing out with her and everything was fine so I stopped worrying. Myself, I kept waking up to check on her and went back to sleep for those glorious two hour stretchs. Ha, thats even the only time in my life Ive fallen asleep sitting up

September 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Super Mommy
I'm going to use a bassinet for the first few months. We'll try to switch Ashley to a toddler bed when she's 18 months, new baby will be about 2 months at that time.
September 13th, 2013, 09:28 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
A mix of bassinet and passing out while nursing at 2, 4, 6 a.m. to some horrible sitcom on TV.
We do bassinet for 8 weeks then off to the crib in the nursery cause mama needs her rest!
September 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're going to try to repeat what we did with our first... Hope this ones is just as good as Leo..
We had the pack and play with a bassinett and had him sleep in there while we were in the same room with him till he was about 2.5/ 3 month.. then we moved him to his room with his crib and he slept in there.. My DH and I took turns when he would wake up and go in there and out him back down in his own room this way that we could let whoever is not on baby duty to be able to sleep...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search