Mini vent

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Kalia20
  • 1 Post By PrettyMommy
  • 1 Post By silleme
  • 2 Post By callista83

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love getting on facebook in the morning and seeing childless friends say stuff like "finally I get time to myself, I never get any!!" Really? Never? I guess it bugs me mostly cause these are the same ones that are better "parents" than parents ranting on their status's about strangers kids and how they should be raising them.......morning and pregnancy hormones dont help lol/end rant.

My child is at school, my 6 hours of alone time gotta go out and do banking and shopping and stuff, clean my house, get her from the bus, feed her, go to work, come home, go to bed. Yay!! And lastly, finally some much needed tea........oh how I miss drinking it all day!!!

September 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Elessara's Avatar Clueless first time mommy
The statuses of my friends that annoy me the most are the utterly cheerful "everything is beautiful in the world" posts. Especially if they're also dripping with sappy-ness. ~eye roll~
I mean it's great that everything is great in your world ATM but at certain points it just seems like you're trying to go "neener neener neener my life is so much better".

I would blame it on the hormones but that would be a lie. >_>

September 13th, 2013, 08:33 AM
I hear ya. I hate the "life is what you make it, you make your own destiny" stuff. Sometimes it doesnt matter that you do everything right, something outside your control happens, and mess's everything up >< We're going through something like that right now and with me being pregnant, it's not easy. Honestly some of my friends are very close minded so I dont even tell them, they'll probably say its our fault somehow.
MummytoB and mommyluneyburd like this.

September 13th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Elessara's Avatar Clueless first time mommy
Oh yes, I know all about doing all the right things and stuff still not even remotely going right. ~grumble, grumble~
I have a couple of injustices I'm trying to ride out right now, one is much more of a sore subject than the other but both are just as fustrating. :/

September 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hated Facebook. Kept a page for a couple months and realized it was stupid. Closed it and never looked back. Social media is just not for me. But yes, I have one friend who's my age, her birthday is the day before mine, and she has no kids at all and is always commenting on how I'm doing things with my kids. She isn't even in a serious relationship and has even had the nerve to comment on my marriage and telling me I need to leave my kids with my husband and go out. Um, I'm not single with no kids like you!! I can't just dump my kids on my my husband and go hanging out with my single friends. I have responsibilities bigger then hanging out at a bar having drinks. Needless to say I barely talk to her.
MummytoB likes this.

September 13th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran
I get annoyed by those facebook friends that do have kids and are the "perfect" parents ON facebook, but in real life you know they aren't as perfect as they'd like the online world to think.
MummytoB likes this.
September 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
What annoys me most is the people WITH children who still post about going to the bar EVERY weekend. I know their kids personally, they don't like living at home as their parents are always drunk or high. Poor kids.
MummytoB and mommyluneyburd like this.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
September 13th, 2013, 02:40 PM
S\adly DH's cousins spend more time and energy trying to find a babysitter so they can go to the bar fri, sat, sun nights. Everyones tired of it, so they even beg strangers :/ poor kids. They are the "best parents" too according to FB

September 13th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah I know a few of those also. The perfect parents who leave their kids on others every chance they get. Can't stand em.

September 13th, 2013, 03:22 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my most annoying friends are those with kids continually complaining about how they don't get respect for taking care of their kids. no no you dont its your job to take care of your kids you dont get a party every time you cook breakfast. I mean get venting I do it all the time. parenting can be pretty thankless sometimes and i havent even been at it a year yet lol.

but when everyday is "OMGeez missed another party last night cuz I be taken care of my lil boo dont nobody getz what its like to be a real parent #no respect #staying strong #player dont even know what game iz" then your not venting your groveling for validation.

September 13th, 2013, 03:41 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
on a side note of the "facebook perfect" thing though im probably a person that can be accused of that but i don't really mean to if anyone asks me im insainley honest but i dont see the point in covering my wall with "barely made it out of bed today except to puke", "spent 45 min helping my son poop..... gotta love constipation", & "facing homelessness because your landlord refuse to cover the hotel until your apt is repaired from the tornado damage is such fun" to me posting that kinda stuff is blah so I just dont say much till iv got something good to put up.

September 14th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
i dont see the point in covering my wall with "barely made it out of bed today except to puke", "spent 45 min helping my son poop..... gotta love constipation", & "facing homelessness because your landlord refuse to cover the hotel until your apt is repaired from the tornado damage is such fun"
I'd rather hear the above then what I constantly get from the same person: (within minutes of each other)
"Putting the kids to bed now'"
"2 down 2 to go"
"3 down, 1 to go"
"Finally all four down. Now I can get some sleep."
"Well so much for sleep, now baby is awake to nurse"
"Got baby down but I still can't sleep. I hate insomina"
"Well it's 4am and I still can't sleep"
"Up at 6am with the kids, didn't get much sleep"
etc....

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
September 14th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
^^ I hate that too. I have a love/hate relationship with facebook. I hate when people post complaining about everything. I get that life sucks but complaining everyday about the same stuff gets old. Or when people post stuff complaining ahout a "random" person but you know that they are talking about you. If you have something to say to me say it to my face.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
September 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM
By "perfect parents" on FB I was referring to those I know that dedicate their lives to get babysitters, yell at their kids all day long, and make their status's "My kids are my whole world, I cant imagine life without them, mommy loves you guys so much!!! <3 <3" kinda stuff.

ITA about not saying stuff like "I feel like im gonna puke" and "my back hurts" etc, I do that in my private womens group, we use that to vent about our problems and ask advice, privately. dont need to air out dirty laundry publicly.

September 14th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callista83 View Post
I'd rather hear the above then what I constantly get from the same person: (within minutes of each other)
"Putting the kids to bed now'"
"2 down 2 to go"
"3 down, 1 to go"
"Finally all four down. Now I can get some sleep."
"Well so much for sleep, now baby is awake to nurse"
"Got baby down but I still can't sleep. I hate insomina"
"Well it's 4am and I still can't sleep"
"Up at 6am with the kids, didn't get much sleep"
etc....
And THIS is why I shut Facebook down. It's soooo stupid. Why in Gods name do I want to read every aspect and daily step of someones life? Do I not have my own to focus on and keep me busy? But the same thing that draws people to these things is those same folks watching freaking reality shows all day not missing one episode. I don't know maybe it's me but I am just not that fascinated with others lives that I have time or interest in reading about it every second. This forum is a great support system with other moms and a great source of advice. I love coming here to check on everyone each day but pointless dribble just annoys me and thats what Facebook AND Twitter seem to be about. I tried so hard to get into it but just couldn't. I figure if your important enough for me to communicate with then we will do it by phone, not a social media site.

September 14th, 2013, 07:13 PM
No word of a lie, I cant figure out how to use twitter, I have no clue how people follow conversations, it angers me. So I ignore it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search