Why dont I feel all the movement yet?!

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jibby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be 18 weeks tomorrow and outside of a few incidents...I don't feel much movement at all! I know Bean is moving like crazy....I have to chase (s)he with the doppler now. I am feeling a little cheated right now :-(

September 15th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Veteran
My friend said she didn't really start to feel it til right around 18 weeks and this was her third. He is a cute healthy little guy now you will feel it just be patient. I feel mine on the drive home for work when I am still and paying attention. Have a glass of oj to give him/ her a little sugar then lay still and see if that gets the baby excited, it does for mine.
September 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first it was after 20 weeks before I felt much movement. Even with this one that is my third I still don't feel that much. I will us usually feel a little bit of movement at night when I lay down for bed and I'm being still. Don't worry soon enough you will feel a little party in your tummy. Just wait until it's the middle of the night and all you want to do is sleep but baby is kickboxing in your stomach.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 15th, 2013, 08:55 AM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling thumps at 16 weeks but I didn't get HARD movement until 18 weeks. And at 19 weeks it was getting stronger to the point I could see a few thumps outside my tummy. Just turned 20 weeks today and sitting here now he is kicking and rolling all over the place and I can feel it VERY well. Give it another week and you will probably start feeling a lot more.

September 15th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I felt so cheated with Rilynn that it was well passed 20 weeks before I felt movement.
At 17 weeks now, I've only felt a handful.

September 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im 20 weeks now with my second and just last night have I come to the conclusion that I felt something that was "defiantly" baby. with Connor if i remember right it was closer to 24. I truly whouldnt worry you have the doppler and allready know everything is fine and can check anytime you like.

also if it helps the avg time to start feeling movement is 16-20 weeks or 18-22 for a FTM infact anything from 16-25 is considered normal. so your not even close to it being concerning that your not feeling him/her.

September 15th, 2013, 09:16 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
18 weeks is still early to feel baby for a FTM. Some do but most won't until 20 weeks or after. Don't worry it will happen soon. I'm 18 weeks with #2, I felt flutters early on but haven't felt anything else in weeks, I was starting to feel frequent flutters with #1 at this time.

September 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM
thanks ladies! I was getting worried something was up. I know Bean is in there getting bigger every day but not feeling all the kicks is a bummer.

September 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Lurking from Dec DDC...

I will be 27 weeks tomorrow (with my 3rd) and still am not feeling tons of movement. I have a nice padded placenta right our front so unless I get kicked in the cervix I feel nothing.

The Doppler will be your best friend if this is your situation too. Hang in there.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
September 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
Lurking from Dec DDC...

I will be 27 weeks tomorrow (with my 3rd) and still am not feeling tons of movement. I have a nice padded placenta right our front so unless I get kicked in the cervix I feel nothing.

The Doppler will be your best friend if this is your situation too. Hang in there.
oh, thats awesome. My placenta is right up front too :/

September 15th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Veteran
This is my third and I still haven't felt anything. But like you, I know baby is active because I have to chase it with the doppler. It refuses to sit still long enough for a heart rate to register.
September 15th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Cheerleading/Football Mom
it could be that he/she is kicking towards your back too, which could explain you not feeling the kicks or jabs as much right now. Give baby time, and before you know it, he/she will wake you up while your sleeping from playing kickball with your insides
September 15th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Veteran
When I told my ob/gyn I felt movement, she told me I can't possibly be feeling anything yet (at 17 weeks). She said not until 20 weeks. I'v heard this from multiple people. So I think you're okay

(and according to all these people I am crazy or mistaking baby for gas..... :eyeroll
September 15th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Super Mommy
With my first I didn't feel movement until I was almost 21 weeks. This time I only feel the slightest flutters and rolls at night when I lay down on my left side and poke and prod my tummy for awhile. Even then I only feel light flutters and rolls, that I probably wouldn't recognize, if not for having gone through pregnancy before. I agree with the other ladies. Don't despair it's still really early!

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)

September 16th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Elessara's Avatar Clueless first time mommy
I know just how you feel... I want to feel the movements too!!

September 16th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Veteran
You should ask if your placenta is anterior. It would make a big difference on when you would feel HARD movement. Dont worry though, this is baby #4 to make it this far and I still only feel light taps, at night or sitting, only have had two WOW. baby movements.
September 16th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate when I'm told "it's just gas bubbles". Especially being my second pregnancy, I think I can tell the difference between bubbles and definite pokes!! I get more bubbles than pokes, but I can tell which is which.

September 16th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I am going to see where my placenta is on Friday! I had some very clear, unmistakable movements in the past...once even in mid day! I think I had some this morning to...woke me up! Its nice to know I'm normal though
SmilingSam likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search