BTDT Moms-baby shoes?

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Veteran
I have no idea what type of "baby footwear" to register for!

Day to day did your baby wear just socks? Barefoot? Or do these little shoes actually fit them? It seems like they could kick one off and then you've wasted $20 on shoes!
September 15th, 2013, 06:37 PM
OscarsPaprika's Avatar Strong proud Army wife ;)
We just put him I'm socks until it warmed up. The shoes are cute but most babies I've known just kick them off
September 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just socks Ill be buying Connor shoes this winter for when we go out becuse I wont be able to wrap him in a blanket like when he was little but for the first year hes only worn shoes 2 times they are quite pointless and actually can be detrimental when they are learning to walk.

September 15th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute but totally useless. They are more of a pain than anything. Actually the baby socks are just as bad. They are so small and get lost and baby kicks them off anyway. Sleepers with feet are my best friends for a while.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
September 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he actually never kicked his socks off although he hasnt worn those either since about april (no point when its hot out) but he hates shoes so this winter might be fun I was trying some on him the other day and he tried to chew them off lol.

September 15th, 2013, 07:01 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
When he was really little in the winter, he just wore socks. During the summer he was barefoot most of the time, we would put sandals on when we went out for dinner. I think they are a waste of money for a little one. We did buy him a pair of shoes today because he has started walking but he kicks them off and pulls off his socks lol.
September 15th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol both mine hate anything on their feet. They are like me. To this day at 2 and 3 years old its still a struggle to get shoes on them and they take them off every single time we get in the car.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
September 15th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Brookem's Avatar Veteran
Socks only. Socks with grippies when they can stand. I don't buy shoes until they are closer to walking because it's pointless and like you said - $20!

Happy wife, proud mom and aspiring Lactation Consultant.

September 15th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Super Mommy
Just socks! Mine didn't wear shoes until 10 months or so. They are just useless waste of $ in my opinion, until they are established walkers. They are cute though for the 30 seconds they have them on. lol I did think about picking up a pack of those socks that look like shoes. I think they are adorable!

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)

September 15th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Veteran
My youngest son is a June baby and I don't think he started wearing shoes till he was almost 18 mos and at 4yrs old still hates to waer them. We had socks on him or a sleeper.
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

September 16th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Veteran
Robeez are awesome. Padraig's also nice. We still use our robeez for my 2 year old for around the house in the winter or out playing on the deck.
September 16th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
agree, waste of money. IMO they are only good for pictures cause some people like how little shoes look on babies

September 16th, 2013, 06:38 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't buy mine any shoes until they started walking. While cute they are a total waste of money. Definitely get some socks but both of mine would always pull their socks off and then suck on them so after awhile I just let my kids go barefoot (not in the winter of course..lol)

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 16th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Veteran
Barefoot is best. Neither of mine have worn shoes other than in family pictures until they were walking around everywhere. Socks or footed sleep n plays.
September 16th, 2013, 07:11 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
baby shoes are useless. But sooo dang cute, i can't help myself. Unless they bother the baby, i put them on when we go out. Because of my lack of self control, I already have about 10 pairs of adorable baby shoes lol

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
September 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did a lot of sleepers with the foot covered... Some socks (it's really hard to find socks that'll stay on... I also did sock booties...
My little one started to walk last month at a year so I started getting him shoes for him to get used to but while they are still young and / or crawling socks or barefoot is the best.
September 18th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We didn't buy any baby shoes for DS but got some at the baby shower. I would put him in those when we went out for dinner. But for the most part, DS lived in socks and those sleepers with footsies on them. We didn't buy his first pair of shoes until he was walking and then we bought them so he would have something on while outside.

September 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Amazing Mommy
No shoes for DS until he started walking. No shoes for this babe until he/she starts walking.
September 19th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_2_Callen View Post
Cute but totally useless. They are more of a pain than anything. Actually the baby socks are just as bad. They are so small and get lost and baby kicks them off anyway. Sleepers with feet are my best friends for a while.
Agree. My first baby was born in January and was a girl. When she wasn't in a sleeper, I put tights on her under her pants or skirts to keep toes warm. Socks always get kicked off. If you want more, use booties. I didn't use actual shoes till then started standing pretty much.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
September 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When DD was brand new, we just had her in sleepers with the foot covers. She was born in the middle of winter. Sleepers with foot covers were the only thing she really wore even when going out to be honest lol. Sometimes I'd put her in day time outfits for church or something, but that was about it lol. I bet things will be quite the same with this baby, as it will be cold here when he is born, too.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search