since we're talking about gender.... (my rant)

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kalia20

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So on my DH's family the male genes are very strong... He is the middle of three brothers... his older brother has a son and one that they are expecting this October 17-ish is a boy as well...
My DH and I had a boy for our first and we are expecting to find out the gender in October 7th!
My brother in law (younger) tells me that we are going to have a boy because ... obviously... he says that the male chromosones are much higher in their fam!!!!! I have one sister and no brothers... doesn't this mean anything?

Well... I'm not a science guru to know exactly how this all works... but with him beating it in my head It just makes me think about it all the time!
AND then ... I'm sensing a bit of jealousy from my Sister in law who is expecting her son in October... She wanted a girl and found out it was a boy..... She is one that always wanted to beat me in this whole pregnancy thing because it seems like she wants to be the first to have the first grand child for the in laws (which she got because I ended up having a miscarriage about two weeks after she announced she was about 4 weeks in to her pregnancy... at least give me a little greiving period gesh.....) and now she wants to be the first to have a grand daughter to the family...

(Note... even though she said that she wasn't even ready to have a second baby till she kept on asking me when we were trying to have our second... And knew we were trying so she ends up getting pregnant.... Always trying to top me in many ways then this....(I feel it at least))

To get to the point... She came over and Mother in law asked when I'll find out.. I said October 7th ... and She asked what I wanted.. I said Girl... Then sister in law said... "She's going to have a boy so that Leo has someone to play with"... REALLY? it's just because you don't want me to have a girl because you found out you're having a boy. AND besides... Leo can have a sister and play with him just the same! Thank you very much.....

Thanks for the vent ladies!!!!!!
September 16th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I want you to have a baby girl even more now to prove everyone wrong!! Lol. People always say mean things about gender. When I had my last some people would say things like, ah I bet your disappointed, or ah well your just a boy mum! I used to think JUST a boy mum is that that a lower class mum than a mum with both genders?
Now I'm having a girl. Everyone says things like ah I bet you are relieved or thank God or even feel you can stop having kids now. I feel bad like they're saying if my last had been a boy I wouldn't have loved him or something.
I hope they find a happy wriggle healthy baby on your scan 7th Oct. And I ll keep my fingers crossed they can see the gender.

[/url]
September 16th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Nerd
I so understand all of these rants about people's predictions. I know that when I to,d close friends that we were hoping for a boy 99% of people would say, "we'll then you are for sure having a girl!" Really, people? It's roughly 50/50 no matter what others predict.

And I hope it's a girl for you all

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
September 16th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gender is from the dads side. my dh's family is primarily boys, but there are some girls, I think it's all "luck of the draw". And what a dumb thing for her to be competitive about, people should have babies cause they WANT to, not to show someone up o.0. How totally unfair to the unborn baby.......a baby isnt a trophy. My useless SIL is the same way, believe me I understand. Shes pregnant too. Gotta admit it feels good *IM* the one the family is happy about cause they like me and hate her. So glad shes 8 hours away.
acchickpea likes this.

September 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia20 View Post
.......How totally unfair to the unborn baby.......a baby isnt a trophy. My useless SIL is the same way, believe me I understand. Shes pregnant too. Gotta admit it feels good *IM* the one the family is happy about cause they like me and hate her. So glad shes 8 hours away.
I feel the same way.. She tells me that it's hard work to raise an infant... she wishes that they are 5 already... My thought.. then why are you getting pregnent again!?!?!?!?... oh wait.... because she kept on asking me so when am I going to try for the second every week that I see her.. she's got something up her sleeve and I really want to confront her about it... Meanwhile she's living with the in laws and the grandparents are really the ones caring for her baby... I don't want to bash on her bond with her baby but... honestly I ask her questions about his growth and development and she can't answer them.. I turn to the mother in law and she's the one that tells me things about my nephew... So I 've always asked the mother in law how he's doing rather then the mom... How sad...
She comes over our house and lays on our sofa "pretend sleeping" I'm guessing while her son is running around our house banging on the fireplace screen and she does nothing about it! Maybe this should be on another post... sorry for ranting about it.
September 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Nerd

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search