Maternity Clothes Check In

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 08:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know we had a discussion on facebook about maternity clothes but haven't really talked about it here.

Just wondering who all is in maternity clothes and who is not yet there? If your not yet there when do you think you'll be in maternity clothes?

I have been in maternity clothes for awhile. I guess since this is my third baby my belly popped out earlier than it did last time. My regular pants are just way too uncomfortable to wear anymore. I can still wear some of my normal shirts but I have to wear maternity pants.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm about 85% maternity... I still can fit some of my oversized pants before I lost weight....
September 16th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Amazing Mommy
Well, after losing weight in the first trimester I wasn't able to wear my maternity pants anymore. I'm still wearing some of my regular clothes that have more *give* to them without using a hair tie. I haven't gained any weight but with my baby bump getting bigger, the regular clothes are getting tighter. I told DH I'm going to break down and buy some more maternity pants. I'll have to get a size smaller than I got before since those are still a bit big and slide down on me.

My regular shirts are all fine for now. I don't think I'll buy any maternity shirts until my regular shirts can no longer cover my bump all the way.
September 16th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Elessara's Avatar Clueless first time mommy
I had lost about 30 lbs before I got pregnant (what a waste now, lol) so I'm just wearing my bigger pants. I've always worn loose fitting tops so no problems there either.

September 16th, 2013, 10:27 AM
rnholly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in maternity clothes all the time. Have been for over a month. They are just more comfy!
September 16th, 2013, 10:31 AM
OscarsPaprika's Avatar Strong proud Army wife ;)
I should be in maternity clothes, but I refuse lol they're so ugly and uncomfortable! I have 2 pairs of maternity pants, one has huge wide legs that look ridiculous and the other pair are made of really thick denim which it's been to hot for. I had a bunch of clothes that were ok enough from my last pregnancy, but our old garage had a horrible mold problem so I lost everything pregnancy and baby related and I can't find anything I think is decent that isn't stupid expensive. I'm not spending a bunch of money on stuff I'm going to wear for a few months. I'm cheap when it comes to temporary clothing lol as far as shirts I'll just wear my husbands stuff. I've been in larger clothes since about 10 weeks.
September 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Still in regular clothes. Probably will be for a while.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
September 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarsPaprika View Post
I should be in maternity clothes, but I refuse lol they're so ugly and uncomfortable! I have 2 pairs of maternity pants, one has huge wide legs that look ridiculous and the other pair are made of really thick denim which it's been to hot for. I had a bunch of clothes that were ok enough from my last pregnancy, but our old garage had a horrible mold problem so I lost everything pregnancy and baby related and I can't find anything I think is decent that isn't stupid expensive. I'm not spending a bunch of money on stuff I'm going to wear for a few months. I'm cheap when it comes to temporary clothing lol as far as shirts I'll just wear my husbands stuff. I've been in larger clothes since about 10 weeks.
I thought the same for my first but there are some really cute maternity clothes for cheap... I broke down and bought a few clothes towards my 20th week of pregnancy with first and I should have done so sooner... so much more pleasant then trying to squeeze into clothes that really don't fit right... Try Target and Old Navy online!
September 16th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Veteran
No....just larger yoga pants and stretchy shirts
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

September 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Yes, nearly everything i wear now. My regular shirts are too short for my belly. All reg pants are too tight/won't button (i hate the belly bands so I don't use them). I am slowly putting my reg clothes in the deep depths of my closet.
September 16th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Veteran
I have to, my regular clothes are way too tight and uncomfortable!! And you can find some cute stuff, even Ross has a maternity section with some cute stuff for a good price!
September 16th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Veteran
I'm slowly transitioning. I've purchased several pieces but every time I put them on I feel uncomfortable and awkward so I end up with the hairband holding my pants together. I wear a lot of maxi skirts and work out clothes too, it's about all I can fit into now.
September 16th, 2013, 04:37 PM
MrsJones's Avatar Veteran
I wear scrubs everyday to work so it really hasn't been too big of a problem yet because I have just let out the draw string a little bit. I'm using a hair tie and belly band for majority of my non work attire. I do still have a couple of pants that fit though.

September 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not buying maternity clothes at all this time. I have about 4 months to do and winter is approaching so leggings, yoga and athletic pants for me til he gets here lol. It's my last one and I just can't see buying stuff I won't wear again. At least I can still wear those things post baby and beyond.

September 16th, 2013, 09:15 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarsPaprika View Post
My thoughts exactly! I went crazy with DD but it had been 7 yrs since I had a baby so I was really excited. But after that I just wasn't keen on spending all that money on temp clothes. I would rather buy the baby some stuff. I wear my dh shirts too lol.

September 16th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in all maternity clothes right now, save for one or two pre pregnancy tops. Even early on, regular pants quickly got too tight for me and even would add to my awful bloat from being too constrictive.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

September 16th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in awe of you ladies who aren't in maternity clothes yet....Ive been wearing them for 2 months...mostly because I refuse to be uncomfy.

September 16th, 2013, 11:40 PM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a couple pieces but the rest are still my normal clothes. I'm looking to change that soon though as my pants are getting uncomfortable. Shirts are still OK.

September 17th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Veteran
I have one pair of pants that still fit with hair ties and several of my shirts do but I'm pretty much in maternity clothes and yoga pants now. I work so have to get dress clothes and between a local Facebook page called but and sell and local goodwill stores I have quite a few pieces for really cheap!
September 17th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Super Mommy
I just dug out the maternity clothes I saved from when I was pregnant with my son 7 years ago!! Yes I'm a little bit of a hoarder, I'll admit it. Not like the show mind you!!! I just knew we wanted more kids and it just took forever to happen. Anyway, I had two pairs of jeans, one short skirt, one long skirt and one button down shirt. Everything else I had gotten rid of. I'm making a small order from Old Navy online for a couple pairs of maternity yoga pants and some clearance maternity tops. That should be good for now. I still have a lot of larger clothes from before I lost weight, so those work too.

I wore my first maternity top the other day ad for the first time I felt preggy and not just frumpy and fat. It was so nice!

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search