Back to work? Bad mom!!

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rnholly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At least thats how I read this hogwash, and I admit to only skimming after halfway cause I was shaking my head so much. The title alone makes me wanna

Does daycare turn children into monsters? Kids who have childminders are 'more likely to have behavioural problems' | Mail Online

Heh maybe I should show this to all the people that told me I was wrong for not putting my kid in daycare. I wasnt working and day care is crazy expensive!! "Oh she wont learn to get along with other kids, she has to learn or she'll be screwed when she starts kidnergarten cause she'll just cry for mommy all day and won't have any friends" Maybe thats why this bugs me, my own experiences being put down for my choices

I gotta stop reading this stuff when I feel like crap and in a crappy mood lol.

October 21st, 2013, 11:31 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't read the entire article because those people are nuts. My kids are in daycare and they are very well behaved. They are also learning a ton and do much better learning from someone else than they do at home from me. We don't really have a choice because both me and DH work full time so they have to go to daycare but I have been very lucky to find a great Christian daycare that takes great care of my kids.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM
OscarsPaprika's Avatar Strong proud Army wife ;)
Well the last line says it's quality not necessarily environment, but it does make sense to me that being in a group would make kids more energetic, I don't think most should be classified as hyperactive but I think that diagnosis is overused now a days, so I'm a little biased there. Back to my point, think about the difference between something like being in a gym or group and exercising on your own right, you're more motivated to keep going next to other people that are moving versus being on your own setting your own pace. The same is true with kids, they're in a group setting with lots of moving kids playing and running around in a day care or group, so it would stand to reason that they would want to do the same and once out of that group for the day, it would be unlikely to change since people in general don't have off switches. Kids that set their own pace in a stay at home or nanny situation that have one on one attention are probably not going to have the same energy level just because there isn't constant movement to keep up with like in a group.
I personally don't care for day care but I think it's because of the area I'm in, there are way to many home day cares that just aren't acceptable in my opinion and the ones that are licensed aren't much better and it's all way overpriced.
Still, I don't judge those who choose to use them, that's their decision and if it's right for them, so be it. Not everybody wants to or can be around their kids 24/7 lol
Debra, proud Army wife to Jesse since February 2011, even Prouder Mommy to Nikolai since February 2011 induction at 36w with pre-e 5lbs and Cassidy born at 33 weeks 2 days at 3lbs 10oz December 2013, natural birth 11 days after PPROM and chorioamnioitis!!
Always remembering our 8 angels (2007-2012)
October 22nd, 2013, 04:28 AM
rnholly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son has been in daycare two days a week since he was 16 months old. I wouldn't say he is perfectly behaved (he is 4 years old!) but he has made so many friends, learned to interact with other kids and has learned so much there that it is absolutely worth it in my eyes. A teacher I am not, and beyond ABCs and numbers I doubt I could have taught him anything. He writes his name, spells and does things I never thought possible. Then again he came home a few weeks ago and all the boys were showing their butts on the playground, lol! It's a great facility but boys will be boys. Overall I'm very happy we've had him in daycare.
smsturner likes this.
October 22nd, 2013, 06:25 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can honestly say Ive never once thought a mom was a bad mom for being a SAHM or a working mom. Threw me off when I was told I was wrong for not putting her in daycare. I went to college when we lived there and checked out the schools daycare, and it reeked of urine. So she stayed with family and their kids during the day. She loves school and has a friend right across the street so worked out well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search