Baby Shower Timing

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Elessara
  • 1 Post By Brookem

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2013, 01:54 PM
RIPcitymommaT's Avatar Veteran
I am due 2/6. My mom and sister in law are throwing a big party for us, not just girls, everyone, which will be awesome. The only thing is that they don't want to do it in December, so it is scheduled for JANUARY 11, when I will be 36 weeks. What do you ladies think? Too late, or it will be ok? Almost all baby gear will come from the presents we receive at the party. So last minute or no big deal?
October 24th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Elessara's Avatar Clueless first time mommy
Mine is scheduled for Jan 17 and I'm due Feb 13/17. I don't really have a say in it so I say just roll with it.
I'm sure most will have their gift ready beforehand so if little critter comes early I'm sure folks won't mind handing over the necessities early.
RIPcitymommaT likes this.

October 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not having one this time, but friends was 17 weeks, his family was in Nov I think (Due Feb 2 first time) they say it's bad luck to have one before 7 months. Whatever I guess. My moms side did after baby was born so they could meet her cause we all live too far away.

I dont think Jan is too late. Whenever works.

October 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Regular
I am having mine the 2nd weekend of November, I won't be 7 months just yet but I have never heard of the superstition about bad luck to have one prior to 7 months. Now I'm freaked out lol!
I am due Feb 2nd but it was either do one early November or in January. I don't think it is too late to have yours in January. We sort of lose 2 months due to the holidays and it's a little hard to plan a shower near Thanksgiving and Christmas.
October 25th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Brookem's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieInTX83 View Post
I am having mine the 2nd weekend of November, I won't be 7 months just yet but I have never heard of the superstition about bad luck to have one prior to 7 months. Now I'm freaked out lol!
I am due Feb 2nd but it was either do one early November or in January. I don't think it is too late to have yours in January. We sort of lose 2 months due to the holidays and it's a little hard to plan a shower near Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Meh, don't worry about it. I have heard it's GOOD luck to do it before 7 months
MarieInTX83 likes this.

Happy wife, proud mom and aspiring Lactation Consultant.

October 25th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Veteran
Mine is also the second weekend of November!
October 25th, 2013, 06:11 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For my first I had my co-ed shower on the last week of June and had baby the first week of August.... I felt it was plenty of time to get things ready for baby... I say it's a good amount of time and it's no big deal
My concern was how much energy I would have to entertain everyone but I felt great. Hope you do too!
October 25th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant wth my son I had my shower feb 28 and he was born the next weekend and it was fine. He was born two weeks early though but still about the same timing as yours. Honestly it will help the last couple weeks go faster if you want cuz you will be setting everything up from your shower. My opinion anyway.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
October 25th, 2013, 08:23 AM
tlp2214's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieInTX83 View Post
I'm due the same day and I'm having mine in Thanksgiving for the same reasons. Just wanna make sure I have everything ready and that the holidays aren't too stressful.

October 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM
sammyjo83's Avatar Super Mommy
I, too, am having mine the second weekend of November. We scheduled it so that it would be before the holidays hit.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search