tmi question about mucous.. down below

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2013, 09:21 AM
OscarsPaprika's Avatar Strong proud Army wife ;)
So, I'm not sure if I should be concerned here, because this never happened with my first and I have no clue if this is normal or a warning sign or what...
For the past few days, I've been having really think, gummy, gel like clear-white mucous, down there. It isn't just when I wipe either, it's been coming out with just normal activity and even sitting.. if I'm wiping and pull, there is a bit of a weird pulling pressure kinda feeling from inside.
There's no blood at all, it does get worse after dh and I are intimate and I thought maybe that was it but it started this time days before that this time.. it's been happening off and on for awhile. I tried to talk to a different doc than mine about it, but she passed it off and I never got an answer.
Does anybody have any idea what it could be and if I should be alarmed? My next appointment is the 20th and I do plan on bringing it up, but I'm curious if it's something worrisome..
Debra, proud Army wife to Jesse since February 2011, even Prouder Mommy to Nikolai since February 2011 induction at 36w with pre-e 5lbs and Cassidy born at 33 weeks 2 days at 3lbs 10oz December 2013, natural birth 11 days after PPROM and chorioamnioitis!!
Always remembering our 8 angels (2007-2012)
November 10th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your doc have an after hours line? I feel like there is so much weird mucus funk that happens when you are pregnant and it's different for us all. I would want to talk with a professional to see if I needed to go to OB triage to get checked.

November 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM
No, you pretty much just call labor and delivery and go and wait and wait and wait. Then, they tell you you're too early and you sit there. I will call Tuesday since they're closed tomorrow and ask the advice nurse in the clinic what she thinks.. I just haven't heard of think gloop like this in reference to anything but the plug, and I never saw mine with ds because I was at the hospital induced for pre-e so I don't know what the crap the difference is or what it looks like compared to regular mucous.
Debra, proud Army wife to Jesse since February 2011, even Prouder Mommy to Nikolai since February 2011 induction at 36w with pre-e 5lbs and Cassidy born at 33 weeks 2 days at 3lbs 10oz December 2013, natural birth 11 days after PPROM and chorioamnioitis!!
November 10th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Nerd
I've had thick discharge, but not mucus-like stuff. Puzzling. Hopefully it's one of those annoying but normal pregnancy things.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
November 10th, 2013, 11:31 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I'd mention it to the dr, hopefully it's a normal pregnancy thing. I get a lot of thick, mucous discharge, enough that I sometimes need to wear a pad. It happened with both of my pregnancies.

November 11th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Cheerleading/Football Mom
Mucous is normal in pregnancy. If you itch or if it has an odor then I would be concerned about it. But of course, for your own peace of mind, ask your OBGYN
November 11th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah don't go to the hospital unless things get really scary! Is it still happening?

November 11th, 2013, 06:32 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a bunch of discharge. It's worse in the mornings. I asked my dr about it last week and he asked me if I had any burning or pain or if it smelled which it does not and he said that it was normal. I also get a whole lot after DH and I DTD.

I would probably just go ahead and call the nurser on Tuesday and see what she says. I'd say it is normal but it will put your mind at ease to have her tell you that it's normal.

i do have to wear a panty liner sometimes because mine gets so bad.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 11th, 2013, 06:58 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to wear a panty liner 24/7, and usually have to change it in the evening. My discharge is watery, not thick. I've had it since very early on, so just assumed it was normal.
Yours is probably normal, but I would call the dr Tues just to be sure. I've called my dr office a couple of times with questions. I hate calling them, because I worry that my question is dumb lol, but it's their job!

expecting identical twin girls!!
November 11th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I get the same and big globs of it after DH and I are intimate too. No smell, slight yellow tinge. Described it to my OB and he says its normal and also found a little himself during one of the pelvic exams. It happened while I was pregnant with DD too.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 11th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm not itchy and it doesn't have a smell, so I'm good there. It is still happening a little today, but it's reassuring to know others have something like it too. I probably will still call the advice nurse just to finish easing my mind.
Thank you ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search