Appointment Check In

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When is your next appointment and what is it for? Are you seeing your dr every 2 weeks now?

I have my 30 week appointment tomorrow. I get to do my 3 hour glucose test while I'm there which I'm really hoping that I will pass. Dr said this will mostly just be a talking appointment to talk about any questions or concerns I have. they will of course check weight, blood pressure, baby's heartrate and take a urine sample. I still have't decided if I'm going to get the DTAP or not. I am going to talk to dr about getting it when we are in the hospital after he is born.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 19th, 2013, 08:33 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I had a midwife appointment yesterday. Just a regular check up, Bp, baby's heart beat and measurements all normal. I got my consent form for my vbac. This was my 3rd appointment going every 2 weeks. I go back in 2 weeks and then I'll have another 2 weeks appointment after that, then I'm on weekly.
smsturner and melissalaw like this.

December 19th, 2013, 08:54 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My next appt is on monday at 930. She wasn't pleased with my lack of weight gain and blood pressure last time, so we're doing a growth scan (crossing fingers and hoping everything is going well in there!), and then I'll have a regular appt.

My blood pressure is creeping up and I know she will not be happy about that, she makes me nervous about it. It's not high enough for meds, but she says it might get there. And then the placenta is much less efficient (that would be why i'm nervous) so that's a big concern with growth.

This one was three weeks from the last one, but now they will be more frequent, especially with her keeping an eye on my blood pressure. I'm hoping not to go more than once every two weeks.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
December 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been going every 2 wks for a while now.
I had an apt this morning with my regular OB- checked heartbeats which are good, urine sample, weight (I'm up 38lbs now), and BP. I had them retake my BP because the first time it was 158/87. They took it again and it was 128/70. I get all nervous about it!
I also talked to my dr about delivery. She's going to give me a different OB's info that's affiliated with Children's hospital because that's where I want to deliver since they have the best nicu in the area, and it's very likely one or both will need it. My regular OB doesn't deliver there, so I can at least meet this dr ahead of time.
I have another growth scan tomorrow with my high risk OB, so fingers crossed they're both still growing! I'll post an update tomorrow.
smsturner and melissalaw like this.

expecting identical twin girls!!
December 19th, 2013, 10:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crossing fingers that both your girls are growing good!! Let us know how it goes.

Susan I hope your growth scan goes good and your little boy is growing like he should be.
smsturner and victoria0294 like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 19th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been going every two weeks. My next appointment isn't until a couple days after Christmas. Its just a regular prenatal check up and scheduling the csection which was supposed to be scheduled a month ago. Apparently my chart says something about my csection needing to be discussed and that it's not scheduled yet.. Whatever that means. I thought my dr was gonna schedule it a month ago when we last talked about it and he sounded like he was gonna let me go 10 days past my due date so I'd have a semi fair shot at a vbac. Wishful thinking here, but maybe he's just not scheduling me since that's what I really want and he knows that, but I doubt I'd be so lucky lol.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

December 19th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Brookem's Avatar Veteran
I went in on Monday and now I am going in every WEEK. Crazy!

My appointment went well. Low BP and baby's heart was in the 140's. He is head down, which I am so excited about! I measures 29cm two weeks in a row so I was hoping to have some groth this time to avoid another u/s. We grew to 33 cm!!

Happy wife, proud mom and aspiring Lactation Consultant.

December 19th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Super Mommy
Our next appointment is the day after Christmas. He's going to take a look at the blood sugar numbers I've been taking at home. Other than that it's going to be a normal appointment. I'm going in every two weeks now.
December 19th, 2013, 12:18 PM
RIPcitymommaT's Avatar Veteran
Just had one on Tuesday 12/17, everything is normal but guess what? The little rascal flipped on me and is now head up! Doc said no big deal at this point but gosh, there is no way I want to do a C! I will do everything in my power to get her flipped down if she doesn't do it by the time it is important.

Anyway, everything else is perfect. I am very fortunate. Next appt is 1/8 when he will check my cervix, woo hoo!! Then I assume it will be every two weeks after that.

Make a pregnancy ticker

December 19th, 2013, 12:22 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Just posted my update

Saw cnm and high risk today...been every 2 weeks, I go back to cnm in 2 weeks then weekly. Done with high risk doc. See homebirth mw monday, then in 2 weeks then weekly.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

December 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went the other day (12.18.13) and now have two wk appointments.. Next one is 01.03.13....
But I also have another US on 12.30.13 to check up on baby.. They said it's because I'm over 35 they wanted to throw in another ultrasound to check up on baby...
December 19th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Amazing Mommy
I had an appt today, been going every two weeks for the last few appts, won't go weekly for a few more weeks.

Everything was great today. Measuring on target. Baby girl is head down and huddled up on my right side(she seems to like it there, I can feel her little butt to the right of my belly button all the time). Said my blood pressure has been exceptional so they are going to leave me alone and let my body do it's thing unless it starts rising. Weight was great, still haven't gained any.
He was about to start discussing the Tdap shot but then quickly dismissed it because I can't have it for medical reasons. He said he definitely doesn't want me seizing up. Lol I was like "yeah, no thanks!"
He said baby girl was the most cooperative baby of the day for checking HB.

My next appt is in two weeks on January 2nd.
December 19th, 2013, 02:16 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My next appt is jan 6th its a reguler appt and an growth scan and my GBS testing iv been going every 2 weeks for a while although this one is a tad bit longer becuse there really booked due to the holidays.

December 19th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My last appointment was yesterday, and my next one is 2nd January. After that I have a pre-op 12th January and then c-section 23rd! So excited! I feel like it's getting really close.

[/url]
December 19th, 2013, 03:37 PM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
I have my next appointment on Christmas Eve. It's my fortnightly visit. I'll get the results of my 2 hour GD test (oh please oh please let me pass,) and she'll just do all the regular checks she does.

December 19th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Regular
2 more apts left the next on the 30th before im weekly!

Its going by so fast!

All my checkups with the midwife have gone great..some more weight gain than i would like but healthy and measuring right on target every time!

Now if the baby would just flip over!
December 19th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I have one next week... At some point (I should find out the day).
Visits are every 2-3 weeks now.
The usual brief bp and baby check and belly measurement and we go over any questions I have.

December 20th, 2013, 06:16 AM
tlp2214's Avatar Super Mommy
My next appt is the day after Christmas. I am every 2 weeks now. Last week's wasnt too eventful, just checked everything out and she told me Arabella is head down. Looking forward to next week!!

December 20th, 2013, 08:43 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My next appointment is December 23rd...hopefully we can get some cute ultrasound pics. I am going every two weeks now...and I have to take the 3 hour glucose test December 30...not looking forward to it at all.

December 20th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Veteran
My next appt is dec 30th and I'm going every two weeks. So far everything is going as planned as of my last appt I've gained just under 25lbs but started bigger than I would like to. Her heartbeat and. Measurements continue to be on track. Only issue I have to deal with at this point is that about a year ago I had an abnormal pap and it has been getting better but they wanna check just in case and I'm hoping no biopsy needed or other intervention.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search