Packing your Bags

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By victoria0294

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2014, 07:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you packed your bag for the hospital yet? When did you pack it? if you haven't packed it when will you pack it?

I haven't yet packed my bag for the hospital. I will probably wait until after my next appointment and see how my cervix is doing and decide then when to pack. I do have a pile of things for the baby just in case I go into labor before I do pack. I'm not that concerned with my stuff but want to make sure that I have the outfits that I want for him.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 7th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Veteran
My bags are packed as of last week. I will probably go over my due date but it was fun to do!
January 7th, 2014, 07:47 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I packed my bags the week of Christmas, a little early but dh was off and could entertain Frankie while I did it. I'm pretty sure I'm going past my edd but I'm happy it's done. I packed toiletries, a towel, 2 pair of pants, 3 pair of underwear, 3 shirts, 3 pair of socks, nursing bra, baby blanket, 2 baby coming home outfits and that's it. Dh still needs to get his stuff together.
January 7th, 2014, 07:47 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had my bag packed for a few weeks because I only have about 2 weeks left!
I have PJ's/clothes, nursing bra, toiletries, makeup (I don't know why lol), phone charger, nook and charger(just in case), and outfits to bring the girls home in with the hope that they don't need the nicu. I also have the diaper bag to bring, although the hospital should have diapers etc for us to use.
sarha81 likes this.

expecting identical twin girls!!
January 7th, 2014, 07:48 AM
tlp2214's Avatar Super Mommy
I have her bag all packed and ready to go, as well as her car seat. My bag is ready also, I just got my last few things I needed the other day. I just have to remember to throw my slippers in there when its time, because I am wearing them around the house.

Now my mom has to pack her bag, since she will be my partner during labor! Hers is just more about being prepared, making sure we have food and stuff prepared for the pets so that someone can come over and take care of them while we are both gone.

Luckily we are only 5 minutes from the hospital so its close enough for her to take some time and go home, and for all my family to come see us

January 7th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Nerd
Bag is not packed. I have a mental list of things I might like to bring. I'm sure I'll start a handwritten list here shortly of things I want in the bag. But I don't see myself throwing things into a bag until it's time for delivery. Anything I would bring to the hospital (which will be minimal because I'm a minimalist) is something that I most likely use on a daily basis anyway.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
January 7th, 2014, 07:54 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Terra, it is SO wonderful that your mother is so supportive of you!

I haven't packed mine yet. I'm pretty sure this baby is staying put until due. I'll get to it around the beginning of February probably. I'm not due until the 23rd anyway, so it will be plenty of time!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
January 7th, 2014, 08:24 AM
tlp2214's Avatar Super Mommy
^I know. She kicks butt!

January 7th, 2014, 08:32 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My bag is not yet packed, but it will be by tonight. I always pack at 35 weeks, and that's today!!
Joey and I are going shopping in a bit to get a few things that I'll need, and then I'll start my packing.
I can update later with what I put in. I have a basic list, so I could list it all now, but I'm typing one handed from my phone right now

January 7th, 2014, 10:57 AM
rnholly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is mostly packed. I just will need to add the items I use daily like hair dryer and phone charger.

DH even has his bag packed, which considering he is the king of procrastination is very funny to me
January 7th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Amazing Mommy
I have my bag halfway packed. All baby girl's stuff is in there and a few items for me is in there. The other stuff will probably go in around 36 weeks. I still need to get some stuffed packed for DH and DS.
I gotta clean the car out really well and get DH to install the car seat.
January 7th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Super Mommy
My daughter's staying the night at aunties or grandma bag is packed, but I haven't gotten to mine yet.
January 7th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't packed yet. I'm putting everything Im going to bring in a dresser drawer for now. I have almost everything I need now. It just needs to go in the bag, but I'm holding off on that and may not pack up until I'm in labor. We have a limited selection of luggage and there's a chance we may be doing one last over night trip to my parent's house as a last visit before he's born and if that's the case, I'll need my overnight bag for that before I put everything in it for the hospital.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

January 7th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Veteran
I'm packing next week at 35 weeks. Still a little in denial. I did take the car seat out the box.
January 7th, 2014, 10:42 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, I put in something to wear home, including pads and nursing pads. I just wear the hospital gowns and mesh panties they provide while I'm there.
I have some fuzzy socks, slippers, my toiletries, some hard candies. Ill add my hairbrush, toothbrush/toothpaste, phone chargers, cameras and chargers, my iPad. Ill grab my pillow. I have lots of ponies, a new Chapstick, hand sanitizer. I need to put my robe in (I have three, and just nw making this list realized I forgot to throw one in). My husband has some pajamas, clean socks/undies. He will come home to shower and change when needed.
In baby's bag I have his coming home outfit, a few swaddle blankets as well as a nice soft blanket, diapers and wipes (though I know those are provided), some suckies, a tube of Vaseline, lotion, and a few of those long sleeve side snap shirts. The hospital usually provides them, but I found a 3 pack on clearance at Motherhood Maternity ($8) that are green and yellow-much cuter than the plain white. Since that's all I ever keep my babies in at the hospital anyway, ill just use those instead of the white ones...

January 7th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Super Mommy
Nope not yet. I have 7 more weeks. That's forever right? Not to mention I still don't have coming home outfits for either gender or enough of my own clothes to spare any just sitting in a bag. I'm wondering if this denial to get ready has anything to do with having a csection last time? I just can't actually imagine going into labor at any random point...

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)

January 7th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Cheerleading/Football Mom
I haven't packed my bags for myself yet, but I am at work and was having a few contractions, so hubby packed them for me EEK! So I will have to recheck and make sure whats all in it when I get home Baby boys bag has been packed for about a week or so
January 8th, 2014, 09:35 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Going to drugstore this weekend to pick up extra toiletries and snacks. I will pack some stuff (hopefully) this weekend. I always intend to, but DS keeps me so darn occupied on the weekends!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search