big brother/big sister shirts/presents

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By mommyluneyburd
  • 2 Post By MummytoB
  • 1 Post By rnholly
  • 1 Post By sarha81
  • 1 Post By mommaof5girls

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2014, 07:41 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Anyone buy anything cute for the baby's big siblings to wear to the hospital or after baby is born?

I haven't yet, but I was looking at Kohls last night for big brother shirts and found a couple of cute ones for under $10. The question is, will whoever is watching my son remember to dress him in it...

I also want to have a toy or two to give to my older son after he meets the baby. But not sure what and my DH is very frugal so he is likely to think that's a dumb idea. I was going to do a baby doll - I figured my son will want to pretend to feed and change diapers when the baby comes home, but my mom and DH are not supportive of this idea. Old fashion farts! lol.

What are you'all doing?
January 23rd, 2014, 08:16 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't yet. Jackson already has several big brother shirts that still fit him so I was thinking of getting Jacob a big brother shirt.

I have however gotten the baby a little outfit that says little brother..lol.
sarha81 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 23rd, 2014, 08:29 AM
are you going to give your boys gifts when they first meet their little brother, Melissa?
January 23rd, 2014, 08:50 AM
Veteran
I think we are going to make shirts with the kids to wear. My older kids usually get to pick out a present to give to the baby when they get to the hospital. I do make up some "activity" bags for the older kids for the hospital. This time around things are different because I actually have some big kids. Last baby was almost 5 years ago....and my kids were only 5,4,and 2. Major difference with them being 10,9,7, and 4.
sarha81 likes this.
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

January 23rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had thought of getting them something to help with any jealously that they might have. Not sure what though. I brought Jackson home a stuffed animal when we brought Jacob home from the hospital so we might do something like that. Although Jackson is 4 so not sure he would want a stuffed animal. I will probably get them something just not sure what yet.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 23rd, 2014, 08:56 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I bought Frankie a big bro shirt at kohls to wear to the hospital when he meets Ronin. I also have a little brother shirt for Ronin. I want to get a little something to give Frankie when he comes to the hospital, a big brother book or stuffed animal/doll.
January 23rd, 2014, 10:10 AM
Amazing Mommy
Been thinking about this too and hopefully I'll have time to do it. I got baby girl a little sister outfit but it's size 3m and probably won't be able to wear it at first. I'mma check out kohls for the big brother shirt.

Also, I told DH I want to pick up a little toy for DD from DS and a toy for DS from DD.

I think the babydoll idea is a cute/good one. DS has several babydolls he still plays with even at almost 8 years old. He's been playing with the one he calls "big baby" lately. He asked for one of DD's outfits and blankets. "Big baby" has been sleeping in the bassinet at night. lol I have no issue with boys having dolls. I think it helps them.
smsturner and sarha81 like this.
January 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hes getting some toys he hasnt played with for a while as well as a few new ones but its mostly to keep him entertained while my mom watches him he will get them before baby even arrives

January 23rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the idea of the baby doll!! I think it's great for a boy or girl. My mom told me once her brother got one when they brought the new baby home, and he loved taking care of it, even breastfed the dolly. It's a great way for them to feel involved, and play grown up. Phooey on the don't give a boy a doll thing. What do they think will happen?

I was thinking of getting the kids each a special present, but mine has to be an older kid idea. I thought we might get meg a piece of jewelry, like maybe a locket with a picture of her holding him in it, or actually have been thinking of getting her a pandora, she would love it. So maybe i could do that and add charms for this new guy. For marcus? Uhh.... no clue! He's just harder (anyone who has an idea for an almost 13 year old boy - let me know! lol). I need to get those ideas moving too i guess!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
January 23rd, 2014, 11:03 AM
rnholly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have big brother/little sister shirts; and Addie is getting Jackson a present when he comes to meet her at the hospital I really think it will help break the ice!
smsturner likes this.
January 24th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I just found a baby doll that wasn't too girly. I also got the little toy bottle. And a kazoo (just in case the doll flops). I think I'm all set now. I love the idea of having an activity bag (wish my kid was into art stuff) for the hospital.

Not sure what you can do with an older sibling. Some sort of art book or activities journal? Maybe one of those MTV Jersey Shore type tee shirts, with a cool saying about being a big bro (not the baby-ish ones?)
melissalaw likes this.
January 26th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lurking from Jan DDC****

When my last DD was born I ordered iron ons for shirts from ebay and bought shirts to put them on. I was able to find: Big Sis, Bigger Sis, and Biggest Sis.... and I already had bought a lil Sis one. The girls loved them.

Just an idea for those who have more than one-two bigger siblings.
sarha81 likes this.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search