TMI.. mucus plug?

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2014, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Over the last 8 weeks or so, I've passed multiple large globs of mucus, including one just now as I used the bathroom. None have had any blood at all. My cervix is soft but not dilated as of my last appointment 9 days ago. I'd like to know if any of those big globs was my mucus plug or just large globs of discharge. Has anyone else had this? I have an appointment today, but when I asked my OB about this last time, he just said "it's unlikely to be your mucus plug since you're not dilated any so it's likely only discharge". That still doesn't explain why I pass an increase in that stuff. Will the mucus plug always have a bit of blood in it? Is that how you can tell if it's the plug or just discharge? I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it would be cool if it was. I had the same thing happen at the end of my pregnancy with DD.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

January 23rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea. I've had alot of discharge lately also. Mainly in the morning and in the evening with not alot during the day. I've wondered if it was part of my mucus plug. Doesn't the loss of your mucus plug lead to dialation so you could potentially lose it and then start dialation or so that is what I would think.

I've never experienced the bloody show that they say comes with the loss of your mucus plug so I don't know if it has to have blood with it or not.

Sorry I'm not alot of help. but I'm curious what others have to say.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 23rd, 2014, 03:26 PM
Nerd
I'm no help! I have a lot of discharge but I don't know if it is normal pregnancy discharge or if its part of my mucus plug.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
January 23rd, 2014, 04:28 PM
RIPcitymommaT's Avatar Veteran
Hmmmm, sounds to me that it's just an increase in discharge. Your lady parts are making sure to keep clean. You are only one day ahead of me, BTW! I have a whole bunch of nothing going on.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
tlp2214's Avatar Super Mommy
I posted about mine too, because I am having a whacky amount of discharge, even on top of the "pregnancy" amount, but no chunks or blood, so who knows! It could be our plugs, or it could be a whole lot of nothing! I am only about 1 cm dilated..so I have no clue. I am waiting for something more to happen, but I am definitely noticing a larger increase in the discharge just within the last week. I guess we will both know soon, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search