Pics of my Twins:)

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By victoria0294
  • 1 Post By callista83
  • 1 Post By victoria0294

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2014, 02:08 PM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately, I've been quite busy! I have been lurking but haven't had time to post a lot of responses. I wanted to share pics of my girls

[IMG][/IMG]
Melody and Ashley

[IMG][/IMG]
Ashley and Melody

[IMG][/IMG]
Melody, still in the NICU but almost home!

[IMG][/IMG]
Ashley

So I knew it was going to be difficult having twins, but I didn't expect having to feed them both every 3 hrs, even at night. DH and I are exhausted and bicker all the time now I know it will get better! I love these girls so so much!! I just feel bad because when I'm home alone with them and it's feeding time, it never fails that as I'm feeding Melody, Ashley starts screaming because she gets hungry early. I've tried giving her a little more at her feedings to hold her off longer, but she either doesn't take it or takes it and spits it all back up. So I feel bad I have to leave one of them to cry
I started out pumping milk and giving mostly formula, because they're both on high calorie formula, but I think I'm going to stop pumping. I've complained in the past about my acne, and it's actually gotten worse. I've read a lot of women say theirs didn't go away until they stop breastfeeding because hormones are still out of whack. I feel selfish, but I'm in physical pain from it. I have these huge painful cysts all over my back, chest, shoulders, arms, neck and face. My neck is actually swollen, and it hurts to shower from the spray from the shower head. And I don't wear a bra unless I absolutely have to (thank goodness I have a really small chest lol).
Overall things are going well! I hope everybody else is good also!

expecting identical twin girls!!
February 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Regular
I'm sorry things are rough . As an herbalist I can tell you that a lot of acne problems are caused by an overwhelmed liver. When the liver is working overtime to handle hormones, whatever toxins (or hormones) its not able to process find their way to the skin. Which is why a lot of women break out during their period and during and after pregnancy. Eating liver supporting foods can really help - beans, eggs, leafy greens. Cut out refined sugar and flour - eat whole foods. Just a suggestion, I hope things improve and congratulations on the babies!
February 16th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Amazing Mommy
They're sooooo beautiful!!!! I hope things get better as far as their feedings go.
February 16th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Thanks ladies the feedings are only difficult because they're both fussy after they eat... They're both on iron drops which are harsh on their tummies, so they cry a lot

Movlin- that's great advice! I ate pretty good while I was pregnant and still had bad acne, but I didn't eat as well as I should've. And the last two weeks I've been eating a LOT of sugar. I'm sure there's a link. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow so I'll pick up healthy foods. Plus it'll help me lose the last 15 lbs!

February 16th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Beautiful photos! I didn't realize they had different hair colours, so cute!

I have never heard of increased acne from breastfeeding personally but it sounds very painful. My husband gets the kind of acne that is painful.

May I ask why you can't feed both of them at once? I realize it would be harder but can't you sit cross legged and have each in the crook of your knee and hold both bottles? I realize holding them close is better but if one is hungry before the other???
shell1981 likes this.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
February 16th, 2014, 05:39 PM
caliroo34's Avatar Super Mommy
I love that they have different colored hair! Such sweet babies. Hang in there

February 16th, 2014, 05:54 PM
I know it's funny that their hair is different because they're identical! I think as Melody gets more it will look more like Ashley's. They also look a little different, but that's only because Melody is smaller than Ashley. At their last dr apt, Ashley was 7lb2oz, and Melody was 5lb11oz. They definitely have the same features and facial expressions.

I have thought about feeding them at the same time but wasn't sure how I could juggle that lol. I have friends with twins so I think I'm going to ask about that. It would also give me more time between feedings to get things done
callista83 likes this.

February 17th, 2014, 07:17 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
They are so cute! I hope things start to get better with the feedings soon!

February 17th, 2014, 08:04 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
love the photos! i can't imagine taking care of twin newborns, sweetie. you are doing a great job.
February 20th, 2014, 11:55 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The are so precious. I love seeing pictures of your sweet girls.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 21st, 2014, 01:44 PM
tlp2214's Avatar Super Mommy
They are both so precious

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search