btdt mommy's, question about af after pp bleeding..

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2014, 10:17 AM
OscarsPaprika's Avatar Strong proud Army wife ;)
With ds I stopped bleeding at about a week and a half and had a normal cycle like 2 weeks later. This time though, my pp bleeding went almost 5 weeks with the last week and a half being off and on. Now, dd will be 8 weeks on Friday and although I've been spotting every few days or so for over a week, nothing else is happening. I want to think its normal and that my lining just hasn't built up enough to shed, but I've got zero experience with long term spotting.
I will go tmi and say dh and I started dtd at like 2 weeks pp, and it never seemed to make anything worse, but we dtd last night and I started some light spotting after that's tapering off today. I I've never had any spotting after sex with dh either so it was kind of unexpected.. I did have some af like cramps when I started spotting but they stopped inlike 2 days. I had an internal check a couple of weeks ago at my pp check up and everything was fine as far as he could tell..
So... Any ideas why this is happening, cause it's driving me nuts lol
Debra, proud Army wife to Jesse since February 2011, even Prouder Mommy to Nikolai since February 2011 induction at 36w with pre-e 5lbs and Cassidy born at 33 weeks 2 days at 3lbs 10oz December 2013, natural birth 11 days after PPROM and chorioamnioitis!!
Always remembering our 8 angels (2007-2012)
February 26th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Wow lots of views but no answers!

I don't remember exactly how long I bled for after each child but I do know there is a wide range of normal.

As for when periods start again, there is a wide range of normal for that too. If you are breastfeeding it can be later but not always.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
February 27th, 2014, 12:29 AM
OscarsPaprika's Avatar Strong proud Army wife ;)
Yeah I didn't think anybody was going to answer lol thank you!
I did a little research about it before and I did find that pumping does not stop ovulation or anything and that was really all I was able to do aside from random nursing which supposedly does nothing.
I just wish I could figure it out or the stupid period to show up already. I may ask my doctor if something doesn't happen in the next couple of weeks because even if it is normal, I want to make sure nothing is wrong like cysts or hormone levels being off
Debra, proud Army wife to Jesse since February 2011, even Prouder Mommy to Nikolai since February 2011 induction at 36w with pre-e 5lbs and Cassidy born at 33 weeks 2 days at 3lbs 10oz December 2013, natural birth 11 days after PPROM and chorioamnioitis!!
Always remembering our 8 angels (2007-2012)
February 27th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I had my daughter, after the worst of the bleeding was over (3 weeks ish) and it tapered off to just spotting, that took a long time to go away I remember. It was not really gone by the time I got my first pp period 4-5 weeks or so after I had DD. At least I think it was my period. The bleeding kind of picked back up then stopped completely after a few days. When that ended, no more spotting or anything. It took a while to get regular after that.

I'm only almost 3 weeks PP right now and my bleeding is pretty much completely done after being on and off for a few days. I'm not even spotting anymore. So far I'm BFing exclusively. I have no idea when to expect my period lol or if I'll be regular or not since I'm nursing this time around. There is a wide range of normal, and every experience is different.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search