Our first week home (updates and pictures) (Long)

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kalia20

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Veteran
This first week has been kinda rough. We got discharged from the hospital last Friday morning (February 28). The first day and night home was pretty easy. I was able to sleep, shower and relax. My 4 year old was still at my moms and we didn't have to pick him up till Sunday. Saturday my fiancée ended up having to go to work even tho he didn't want to, especially since he normally doesn't work on Saturdays. But Saturday was actually pretty easy for me. I was able to handle everything on my own. Then Saturday night about 9 Walker decided he wanted to start screaming at the top of his lungs and did that till about 1am. He wouldn't take his paci, bottle or anything. I would be able to get him to calm down and fall asleep but as soon as we put him down he would start screaming again. So we barely slept Saturday night. Sunday morning we got up at about 8 and left to go to my moms. We got to my moms at about 10, we were going to spend the day out there so my fiancée could do some yard work for my mom since we had this big ice storm and I was going to spend time with my mom and the boys. My mom gave me a hug and asked me if I was feeling okay cause I felt a little warm. Told her I felt fine was just really tired. She ended up taking my temperature and I was running a fever of 101.6. She ordered me to go lay down that she would watch the boy while I took a nap. So I did what she said but ended up just laying there watching the new episodes of The Walking Dead. About 2 hours later she took my temperature again and it was up to 102. I was finally able to fall asleep and I slept for about 3 hours. I got up at about 5 when my brother got to my moms and I felt even worse. I got up to go to the bathroom and as soon as I for into the door way of the bathroom I got sick every where. My mom took my temperature again and it was at 104.4. She told my fiancée he needed to call my doctor and are what they said. They told him I needed to come in and get checked out but not to rush. My moms told us that she would keep the boys and for him to get me to the hospital. We got to the hospital and ended up staying the there for 9 hours (9:30 pm till 600 am). Come to find out I have a really bad UTI basically a kidney infection. So I'm now on even more meds. We ended up going and picking up the boys Monday night after my fiancée got off work. Since we got the boys back Monday its been a little rough on me handling both of them with my fiancée working like he has this week, but I been able to handle it I'm just really tired most of the time. Walker has his days and nights mixed up so I'm trying to see if I can get him to switch, cause it's harder being up and down with him all night then having to be awake all day with my 4 year old. Walker has his first doctors appointment tomorrow so my fiancée will be off tomorrow so maybe I can get some sleep while he takes care of Walker tonight and I can rest tomorrow. My fiancée also told me that he is going to take all next week off cause he needs a vacation even tho he is suppose to be off Wednesday, Thursday. And Friday. Any way cause his boss will be out of town. I hope everyone and their little ones are doing good and adjusting good. Here are two more pictures of my little man.

Both my boys (Michael and Walker)

My handsome little Walker.

March 7th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
kidney infections are the worst :/ Don't push yourself, rest and take care of the kids everything else can wait. My baby wants to party at night too, lets hope they both switch to normal sleeping soon.
sammy1892 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search