formula and supplementing moms

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2014, 02:41 PM
rnholly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope there hasn't been a topic like this. Right now Addie is EBF but I have been trying to supplement with one bottle of formula a day. We have tried Natures One organic- gave her gas. Enfamil Gentlease- she wouldn't even swallow it. Gerber good start soothe- she will take maybe an ounce of this. What have you mommies have good experience with? And was it pediatrician recommended or did you choose it?
March 8th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont FF, but dr's I've seen have tried shoving Similac down my throat.

Not literally lol. Telling me I HAD to supplement with it, you know after raving how healthy the baby was and gaining weight perfectly, blah blah So similac maybe? I know they have a gentle formula, I think it's pre broken down protein maybe that would be good?

March 8th, 2014, 11:13 AM
OscarsPaprika's Avatar Strong proud Army wife ;)
My son had serious issues after we decided to stop bfing, he couldn't take anything enfamil or soy, but he could take, and thrived on, similac sensitive for fussiness and gas, its an orange container. I recommend it to everyone and maybe 2 people have come back with not being able to use it. I hope you find something that works well soon!
Debra, proud Army wife to Jesse since February 2011, even Prouder Mommy to Nikolai since February 2011 induction at 36w with pre-e 5lbs and Cassidy born at 33 weeks 2 days at 3lbs 10oz December 2013, natural birth 11 days after PPROM and chorioamnioitis!!
Always remembering our 8 angels (2007-2012)
March 8th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Veteran
Due to weight gaining issues with Quinn, I have had to supplement with formula. We were given Similac for supplementing. It has worked pretty well.
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

March 8th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Veteran
I supplement with enfamil and recently moved to Gerber gentle start. My son doesn't really have issues with either but he def prefers breast milk, so I always give him breast milk first then formula.
March 11th, 2014, 01:33 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My girls are both on Gentlease and doing ok (but a bit gassy).
There's an Enfamil called Nutramigen, and it's already broken down etc. Our pediatrician told us about it in case the Gentlease didn't work. I would probably ask your pediatrician before switching to it though. I've seen it in stores and it's more expensive (of course lol) but my mom said my step sister was able to get a prescription for it so it's more affordable. It's worth asking if you do need to switch to something like it!

Good luck!

expecting identical twin girls!!
March 11th, 2014, 06:05 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
So far I'm ebf Ronin but our first son we also used similac for fussiness and gas, he did really well with it. If for any reason we need to give Ronin formula, we will use that again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search