Birth Control

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2014, 06:46 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What birth control will you be using or will you not be using any birth control?

This is a hot topic in our house and we can't seem to agree. I'm positive that I don't want any more kids so I really want DH to get a vasectomy but he refuses. He wants me to go on birth control but I really don't want to go on any hormonal birth control. So until we can agree I guess we will be using condoms which we both hate. I'm hoping that he will give in and just get a V.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 14th, 2014, 07:11 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
We're not done, so nothing permanent yet. When we are done, dh volunteered to get a vasectomy, he doesn't want me going through surgery. I need to talk to my midwife about birth control, I really don't want hormonal birth control because it makes me feel and act crazy. We hate condoms but that might be what we go with for a while. We had been doing pull out, which worked for us but I don't want to do that again and risk getting pregnant too soon. So, no idea what we're doing yet.
March 15th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Amazing Mommy
we aren't done yet so nothing permanent. i asked dh what kind of BC he wants to use but he said he doesn't care/doesn't matter. it took 3 years to get pregnant this time. i think we'll use pull out method for awhile.
March 15th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Regular
We are done having kids, so in a year we both are getting permanently fixed. for now I got ParaGard, The copper IUD. After a week or so of cramping and some more bleeding I don't even notice it
March 17th, 2014, 06:33 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are almost positively sure we are done, and my husband will get a vasectomy. We are going to give it some more time before he has it done, to be sure we are both done. So until then, we will use comdoms.

March 20th, 2014, 08:04 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am currently on birth control pills. I use the mini pill since i am still pumping. As long as I take them like I should they work fine. We said we were done but honestly this last time was so traumatic that I feel so robbed of my experience. We have already discussed possibly having one more. So nothing permanent is being done right now. I may be back in another DDC eventually. We'll see. It would definitely not be until after Sammy's 3rd surgery when he is 2 1/2. So a couple years from now if we decide to go for it. My DH was suppose to have gotten a V after our 3rd one but he reneged after the baby got here. I knew he would when I kept trying to make him an appt while I was pregnant and he kept procrastinating and making excuses. No idea what we'll do when we know for sure we are done...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search