Baby check in

Forum: February 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kalia20

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2014, 01:22 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering how everybody's babies are doing. It's been so quiet around here lately. Please check in and let us know how big your baby is, how is baby sleeping and anything else that is going on.

We are doing pretty good. Christian is a good baby, the best of all three of my boys. he still only sleeps for a few hours at a time before he wants to eat again. I think most nights he gives me one 3 hour stretch of sleep. I'm ready for him to sleep longer. Breastfeeding is still going good. thankfully he nurses well. He is up to 10 lbs so he is gaining weight nicely. he is already in 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers so no more newborns.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 1st, 2014, 03:11 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Ronin is doing well, he turned 5 weeks old on fri. He was 9lbs 3oz at his 1 month appointment. He fits really well in 0-3 and 3 month clothing and over the last week he's moved into size 1 diapers. Breastfeeding is going well still, I'm really happy about that, I was never able to ebf Frankie. He started smiling last week, he doesn't do it too often yet. He's having less fussy episodes, seems happier now, he's more alert and follows us with his eyes. At night he sleeps a 5 hour stretch, eats and goes right back to sleep for 3 hours, so that's really nice

April 1st, 2014, 03:43 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Adelynn is 10w5d and was 11 lb 4oz yesterday. She's slept through the night the past 2 nights in a row, last night in her bassinet! She's rolling from back to belly, cooing and giggling all the time....I just can't get enough of her.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

April 2nd, 2014, 03:34 AM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My girls are doing pretty good
Today they're 11 wks old.
At their last pediatrician appt 3 wks ago Ashley was up to 9lb6oz, and Melody 7lb13oz. The dr said they're finally on the size chart lol I'll be curious to see what they weigh next week at their appt, I can tell they're getting hogher! Both of them have been smiling for probably 3-4 weeks now, and it's getting easier to entice them to smile. They love to grab things, and are trying to help hold their bottle lol. They're not very good at it yet but they grab for it especially if they're really hungry!

Ashley is doing well on Gentlease, but we had to switch Melody to Nutramigen. She was just SO gassy it was ridiculous. She's been doing much better on the new formula though. We also just got approval yesterday for the Nutramigen to be covered by insurance, which is awesome because it's about $10 more per can! Plus you get less because you have to pack the formula when you measure!

Our hopefully last obstacle is their acid reflux. They've been on Zantac bit it's obviously not working. If you set one of them flat, they spit up and get the hiccups. Especially Melody... She definitely has stomach issues. So we're starting them on Prilosec today

Ashley has also been in 1 diapers for a few weeks now, and is in 3 month clothes. Melody is in nb diapers, but I think she'll be in 1s very soon. I also think she'll be I'm 3 month clothes pretty soon... Both the girls are very long and she's rubbing out of length lol.

I'm also in the process of loving them from eating every 3 hrs to 4 hrs... I'm doing it in 15 min intervals and we're up to 3.5 hrs. It's going well so far- it's forcing them to eat more at each feeding to hold them off longer. It will be great to get them to 4 hrs because I feed them an hour apart. I tried feeding them at the same time and it's just not for me! I was stressed, they were spitting up/hiccuping etc it just wasn't working. I prefer some one on one time with each of them as well. When they do start holding their own bottles and are bigger I'll do it at the same time!

Haha sorry for the novel I hope everybody else is good!!

expecting identical twin girls!!
April 2nd, 2014, 08:07 AM
Veteran
Quinn is 7 weeks now and still super small. He is weighing 6.7. We are still having weight gain issues.....I am still BFinf a little but he mostly gets formula, which I hate! I really wanted to EBF. I am hoping once his weight gets better we can ween him off the formula. His doctor is very supportive with me wanting to BF so we will see. He is still in newborn diapers and clothes, but I think he will be in 0-3 soon. He is a LOOONG baby. I think that's where he is growing instead of putting on weight!
Due Feb 15, 2014 with baby #5
Scheduled C-section on Feb 8, 2014

April 3rd, 2014, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Adelaide is 7 weeks old. She's 9 lbs, 7.5 oz and 21 inches long. I'm still breastfeeding. Since I'm back to working after school program, I am having to pump and give one bottle per day. She doesn't really NEED it, but it's nice to have it on hand just in case. Addy had been sleeping 6 hours in the night, but now we're back to about 4. But overall, she's amazing and awesome!
April 3rd, 2014, 08:15 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hunter is 8 weeks old and growing so fast. We have our 2 month check up tomorrow....I cannot believe he is 2 months already....time is flying by so fast. I have been so busy watching him grow...he is 9lbs. I never realized how hard being a stay at home mom is I'm EBF and using cloth diapers. Hunter is not sleeping very long at night....never longer than 4 hours he usually wakes up every 2-3 hours to nurse....so I'm pretty tired and lovin' it He is out of his newborn cloth diapers and is able to wear one size diapers.

April 4th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyluneyburd View Post
Quinn is 7 weeks now and still super small. He is weighing 6.7. We are still having weight gain issues.....I am still BFinf a little but he mostly gets formula, which I hate! I really wanted to EBF. I am hoping once his weight gets better we can ween him off the formula. His doctor is very supportive with me wanting to BF so we will see. He is still in newborn diapers and clothes, but I think he will be in 0-3 soon. He is a LOOONG baby. I think that's where he is growing instead of putting on weight!

My friends baby wasnt gaining much either, her doctor told her to supplement. She also wanted to EBF. So what she did was started pumping after every feed and once she got enough, she used that instead, and got easier as her body adjusted to needing more. Her next appt the dr was happy, baby gained weight Shes now 7 months old and the happiest chubbiest little thing you ever saw. That worked for her anyways.

This is new to me,......my baby was tongue tied, had to get it clipped. What a difference!! She wasnt losing her jaundice, she wasnt gaining weight, was FULL of gas and I was in pain. Now shes gaining like crazy. I never knew tongue/lip ties can cause so many issues, immediate and life long, as I've never heard of it and am learning more, going to take a pic for the FB group and see if shes got a lip tie as well. I dont think so, but hey doesnt hurt.
More about Upper Lip Ties - *Formerly Chico Doula & Birth Services
mommyluneyburd likes this.

April 5th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Cheerleading/Football Mom
Jase is doing well..... now. We were hit with RSV this past week. He is 10 lbs, 14 oz. He was 11 lbs and 8 oz..... lost a little bit when he had gotten sick. He is back to his smiley normal little self. They let me keep him at home and take care of him instead of admitting him, which was nice. He is nine weeks old now. He has developed another prognosis though, it is called HOLD-ME-ITIS! LOL. My kids don't put him down and when he is playing and makes a wimper, they automatically pick him up and bring him to me. Its cute, but.... momma has to get things done too. LOL. I told the hubs that I don't think he will learn to walk until he is like two cause he wont have too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search