Charlie Paul Nichols - Birth Story LONG

Our Little Guppies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By captivate
  • 1 Post By round2t
  • 1 Post By BlessednHighlyFavored
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By AmiraX4
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Little Guppies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 02:07 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Lets start with Monday 15th July 40+1 weeks.

That night I was fed up, I was totally ready to be meeting my Son.. then at 6pm I started getting pains and I knew they were labour pains but with them being 9-12 minutes apart with no pattern they were false labour. That day I had also started losing my bloody mucus. So I had labour all through the night and called the hospital as some stopped me in my tracks. I knew they would say wait until they are 4-5 minutes apart.

So to sleep I went thinking they would wake me when closer.. I woke up 16th July as normal with no pains.

Totally pissed off and more than ready at this point.

Tuesday 16th July 40+2

Woke up no pains, had a few in the day but nothing much... mucus was coming away very bloody so was updating the hospital with any changes. The evening came and once again contractions this time 7-9 minutes so I thought this is it, they will patternise now and I am in labour... well as the night went on they didn, they got stronger but did not get into a pattern... but I could not sleep with them either.

I was losing more blood.. this time red stuff with no mucus.

Wed 17th July 40+3

Woke up with contractions still there and with my ruptured hemmeroid and bleeding with each pain I called the hospital and they wanted me in.

I went in and they hooked me up. Baby was fine and they did a check. I was not dilated at all and the mucus was classed as a heavy show due to all the stuff I have had done to my cervix. I was told I was in pre labour as my contractions were not regular enough and it could probably take a while and to just carry on with life.

I left the hospital PISSED OFF!

That night contractions came thick and fast between 4-10 minutes.. again I thought this was it and called the hospital as some had me on my knees.....they said see how they go as it sounds like pre labour as there is no pattern.. so again I had no sleep as these were painful and I was frustrated.

Thursday 18th July 40+4

I had no sleep at all due to contractions, when I got up they eased of a little, enough for me to walk my Daughter to school, do some house work and get to my appointment for my sweep.

You cant do sweeps when your not dilated so I went with no hope.

10.45am - Appointment with the midwife.. she asked if I am ok and I burst out crying.. explained everything and I had 4 contractions while I was there before the sweep... so she said lets get this sweep done and hopefully bring you on...

So I lay down and she started.. her face and her words were.

"Clare ---- your 5cm dilated, 100% thinned and effaced and your in active labour, you need to get to the hospital"

I cried.. and cried... she wondered how i had laboured to 5cm walking about as normal.. I have a high pain threathhold and she totally agreed with me.

So walking home I called my lift, I called Tony and i called my Aunt that Charlie is coming.

11.30 arrived at the Birthing centre and used gas and air as her internal must have made contractions stronger.. there was still no pattern. Ate a cheese and onion sandwich, youghurt and number cups of tea and glasses of water. Currently a heatwave here in the UK, temps which we are not used too. Especially a labouring mother who has had no sleep in 3 days.

Tony arrived at 2.30pm... I was labouring ok with gas and air... having a laugh and talking about all sorts between contractions.. we were worried why they were not falling into a pattern...

3pm they checked me and I was 8cm... ready for the transition... 4.15 fully dilated.

4.30pm, transition was not happening. I requested for my waters to be broken as I was exhausted mentally and physically but was still doing ok with gas and air.

I started feeling the urge to push but contractions were not coming fast and hard enough.. I was so so tried.. I wanted to give up and be taken away.. gas and air was my saviour...

I was pushing and pushing but the urge was not there.. I was too tired, my body had stopped contracting enough for the urge to push to come and I was asleep and in my own drug induced mental world which was not there in agony giving birth between contractions.

I heard in a distant land the midwife tell Tony and Mandy that I was too tired, if I do not deliver soon then they will have to see what position the baby is in.. but no rush yet as baby is happy as anything in there.

On my knees, squatting, sat on a chair with a hole in, on my side, on my back.. he was not coming.. even my legs in stirrups which gave me instant leg cramps.

At this point I was exhausted to the point where I remember saying sorry to my baby because I failed and I could not do it. I remember shouting that I was too hot and here in the UK, we have no AC as its not the done thing as its not normally a long heatwave like this. I was done.

I was crying.. I was so upset and I was so tired. The midwife was stroking me telling me I have been doing amazing with no sleep for days, labouring for so long and on gas an air.

I was still done.

They took me downstairs and I heard foreceps, section and help delivering.. thats when something in my head kicked in and I was like hells no I can do this.. a second wind came and I started to push with all my life.

I still did not have the energy but the baby was still ok. This doctor came in and said he has to examine me to see what position he is in.. OMG that hurt more than anything in my life and I swore and effed and blinded that he will get his hand out of me... he shouted at me that he needs to do it. I told him to **** off.

He did a scan and baby was in a good position and he said she can do this with no help.

To prove that I could I had this strong contraction within seconds and I pushed like my life depended on it. The midwife said omg here comes the baby quick.. I pushed for 6 minutes and he was born... needed a little rubbing but he was awesome. I cried and cried..

I did not tear and needed no stitches but I did get 3 new hemmeroids.

Charlie was born 6.45pm 8lb8oz and 50cm long.

All in all, it was amazing. I laboured like I wanted too.. I was with it and chatting and moving around and I tried for a all 4's delivery but failed on that one due to the long early labour. I hate the doctor but luckily he listened to me and I did not want him to intervene and he did not need too. A lovely midwife and student midwife delivered my baby boy and his Daddy cut the corn after it stopped pulsating. Charlie scored 9 10 10 on his ap score at birth.

I am blessed for 2 natural deliveries in my life with only gas and air. I am upset I never had my birth I wanted this time but the traumatic bit was me mentally giving up as I was so tired.

I have been told the swimming, walking and ball bouncing is what enabled me to delivery him as I have a small pelvis and he is a big lad.

Would I do it all again? This time yesterday I would have said no but today I am saying yes I would.. because my little man is a miracle and hes amazing and my birth went really well considering what it could have gone like.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

July 20th, 2013, 05:13 AM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Clare he is beautiful <3
captivate likes this.

July 20th, 2013, 06:21 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!
captivate likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
July 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie! Congrats!
captivate likes this.

July 20th, 2013, 04:30 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Congrats again...!!!!
captivate likes this.
July 20th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
captivate likes this.

July 28th, 2013, 11:30 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Clare, what a beautiful baby!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 29th, 2013, 06:23 AM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Clare! So very very happy for you!

***Thanks to Vicki for my awesome signature!!!***

1st OB Appt: 01/02 (6w0d) - Pregnancy confirmed!
2nd OB Appt/Ultrasound: 01/14 (7w5d) - Baby's heart rate 131
3rd OB Appt: 02/11 (11w5d) - Baby's heart rate 166
4th OB Appt: 03/11 (15w5d) - Baby's heart rate 150
Elective Gender Scan: 03/16 (16w2d) - It's a GIRL!!!
5th OB Appt/Anatomy Scan: 04/08 (19w5d) - Baby's heart rate 155
6th OB Appt: 05/06 (23w5d)- Baby's heart rate 148
7th OB Appt/Glucose Test: 06/03 (27w5d) -Baby's heart rate 144, Passed Glucose Test!
8th OB Appt: 06/14 (29w2d) - Baby's heart rate 140
9th OB Appt: 06/24 (30w5d) - Baby's heart rate 135
3D/4D Ultrasound: 06/29 - She looks like her Daddy!
10th OB Appt: 07/10 (33w0d) - Baby's heart rate 131
11th OB Appt: 07/22 (34w5d) - Baby's heart rate 140
12th OB Appt: 08/05 (36w5d) - Baby's heart rate 136; 2.5 cm dilated/80% effaced!
13th OB Appt: 08/12 (37w5d) - Baby's heart rate 145; 3 cm dilated/80% effaced
14th OB Appt: 08/19
Induction Date: 08/21!!!!
August 2nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story... They really are worth it all

August 3rd, 2013, 11:10 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
You did amazing Great job mama

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
August 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Veteran