Jaxon's birth story

Our Little Guppies

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Little Guppies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Thursday July 18th at about 8:30 am I was walking to the couch with my breakfast and right when I was about to sit down I had a small gush of fluid. It was enough I had to change my underwear and shorts. I called my mom and asked what she thought I should do. I wasn't sure if it was my water or just a lot of discharge. She told me to call doc and see what they suggested. I talked to a nurse and she said I could come in and see if it was my water but suggested I just wait an hour and go on with my morning and see if anymore gushes happened or I started having contractions. Well over the next 20 min I had about 3 more gushes but they were really small. I called hubby home from work and my grandma out to stay with Peyton and we went to hospital to see if it was indeed my water. I'm not great with times but I think we got to the hospital at 10 something. They did the test and it was a very faint positive so she said it was possible I had a very very slow leak. She also checked me. Now the day before I was not dilated at all, but when she checked me I was 5 cm!!!!! I asked her if she was sure, lol. They hooked me up and sure enough I was having regular contractions but was feeling nothing! This was so crazy to me! So it was decided that it was baby day and doc would break my water and see if that made my contractions intensify. Around 12:30pm my water was broke. It took a couple hours for me to start feeling any contractions and for most of the afternoon I was staying around 6 cm. I was able to get up and walk and that definitely made my contractions pick up, intensity wise. After 30 min of walking I was ready to rest. I was still only about 6-7 cm but was pretty uncomfortable and ready for my epi so that was put in. After that I just visited with guests all evening. They had me roll from side to side a couple times and that really helped me dilate more. Again I'm not good with times at all I just know it was a lot of sitting around and waiting. I was complete and ready to push about 9:30pm. I pushed through 2 contractions then had to wait for doc to get there. Only had to push through a couple more contractions and he was here! Jaxon Zachary was born at 9:50pm weighing 8lbs 10oz and 22 inches long! I was shocked that he was a boy but am finally getting used to having a son! He is amazing and I don't know what we ever did without him!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
August 8th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Veteran
Yay congratulations! And wow you dilated 5 cm without feeling anything!
August 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! That sounds like a really awesome birth experience!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search